D’TIGERS Tokyo 2021

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: D’TIGERS Tokyo 2021

Post by bret- hart »

Where is B1tch Futcha and Gaylani??? I told yall its only a matter of time we start smacking the USA in basketball :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:18 am
Bell wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:39 am REVELATION

Guard Caleb Agada. Could be in the NBA next season. The Lakers can use a shooter.
Bell
Was really impressed with him. Honestly I didn't expect much as I thought a kid raised who was raised in Canada and chose to go to College in Canada would have a low ceiling. Plus he is playing in Israel and not mainland Europe, but the kid shut me up and played superbly. The backcourt was great, and the Ike Ireogbu was OK with limited minutes and a lot of help.

We can't sneak up on any team now, but I still expect us to go far.
What happened to OG Annunoby? He was supposed to make the team
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:41 am Where is B1tch Futcha and Gaylani??? I told yall its only a matter of time we start smacking the USA in basketball :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
celebrating an exhibition 'victory' really thot?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

both teams had Americans and Nigerians on each squad . Didn't feel like an exhibition ... top level ..more like NBA... however lets not get too carried away it was a friendly... however it is good to see the look alike donkey in Shrek named Draymond Green lose...cannot stand him

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:43 am

Guard Caleb Agada. Could be in the NBA next season. The Lakers can use a shooter.
Bell
Was really impressed with him. Honestly I didn't expect much as I thought a kid raised who was raised in Canada and chose to go to College in Canada would have a low ceiling. Plus he is playing in Israel and not mainland Europe, but the kid shut me up and played superbly. The backcourt was great, and the Ike Ireogbu was OK with limited minutes and a lot of help.

Yeah, OG could easily be the best player on the team, but there are a few options in that position (Jordan Nwora, Stan Okoye, Chima Moneke). Maybe he opted out, or the coach did not guarantee a final spot. You just never know for sure.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:51 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:41 am Where is B1tch Futcha and Gaylani??? I told yall its only a matter of time we start smacking the USA in basketball :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
celebrating an exhibition 'victory' really thot?
Yes it is a friendly BUT USA lost only 2 exhibition matches since 1992 before this one!
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nige ... l-history/

The U.S. Men's basketball team started its Olympic exhibition slate on Saturday, and it didn't go well. In one of the most stunning international upsets in history, Nigeria defeated Team USA 90-87 in Las Vegas. This was Team USA's first ever loss to an African nation. Team USA is now 54-3 in exhibition games since 1992.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I was celebrating the win, not sure why I'm who you first thought of.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:43 am

Bell

OG is hurt right?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The Americans are hurt :taunt:
‘Incredible’: Team USA shocked in ‘one of the great upsets’ in basketball history

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tokyo-olym ... bdcb6e1c9c

Well, no-one saw that coming.

Team USA has been stunned 90-87 by Nigeria in what has been described as “one of the great upsets in international basketball history”.

It is the U.S. men’s basketball team’s first-ever defeat to an African nation.

Nigeria took full advantage from beyond the arc to make 20 3-pointers while also posting points through transition buckets.

It came nine years after Nigeria lost by 83 points to the U.S. at the 2012 Olympics.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Wow.
That’s how I missed a moment in history.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

D'TIGERS NEEDED ONLY A FEW YEARS TO BECOME WORLD BEATERS; MEANWHILE...

...the Super Eagles have been struggling in futility for decades. What's more, this accomplishment was done without the likes of Anunoby, Monte Harris & Dinwiddie. It was an all-Nigerian affair.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Bell

ESPN REPORTING THAT...

...Agada will be in the Denver Nuggets Summer League squad.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

BTW...

...where the heck was Al-Farouq Aminu?
Bell
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:46 am The Americans are hurt :taunt:
‘Incredible’: Team USA shocked in ‘one of the great upsets’ in basketball history

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tokyo-olym ... bdcb6e1c9c

Well, no-one saw that coming.

Team USA has been stunned 90-87 by Nigeria in what has been described as “one of the great upsets in international basketball history”.

It is the U.S. men’s basketball team’s first-ever defeat to an African nation.

Nigeria took full advantage from beyond the arc to make 20 3-pointers while also posting points through transition buckets.

It came nine years after Nigeria lost by 83 points to the U.S. at the 2012 Olympics.
You're quoting Aussies, Bam was taking photos with the Nigerian team post game.

why didn't we recruit Desmond Bane??
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This exposes the difference between the junk ways trash UK CE players are being forced on the SE, just look at how we recruited world class NBA players and US CE naijas to make our national team with a very top quality black coach. Kudos to D-tigers and massive shame to all the jokers forcing trash championship junks on the SE.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Im super proud of these guys!!

At no point in the game did I sense that feeling I witnessed of being overwhelmed/confused in 2012. They went toe to toe and had a game plan.

Theres a lot football can learn from this - having solid game plan(s), having a quality pool of players and being confident in ones self. Im just as good as you if not better.

Lets go boys but be cautious - you've made a lot of noise around the world.

How do they cope with the pressure as all eyes are now on us?

Be brave, be cautious - lets go!!
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Congratulations to D'Tigers!!! (Hm, can't we come up with a better name than that?)

2. If Nigeria was a well run country we would have been collecting olympic medals in basketball for decades.

3. This is very exciting! Hopefully they build on this to become a dominant force for a long time!

Wha choo looking at?!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

This was an awesome game. I was at the Mandalay Bay for the game. It was awesome. I even took pics with the president of the NBBF. The guys came to play, and it showed.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:04 am This exposes the difference between the junk ways trash UK CE players are being forced on the SE, just look at how we recruited world class NBA players and US CE naijas to make our national team with a very top quality black coach. Kudos to D-tigers and massive shame to all the jokers forcing trash championship junks on the SE.
The players in the SE are not junk. Almost no difference from the bulk of D'Tigers. I think Josh Okogie is the only NBA starter on the team and his team (T'Wolves) sucks. We have players from China and Israel on that team.

The main difference is the mindset and mentality of the coach. The talent level has risen for both the SE & D'Tigers in recent years.
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:11 am Congratulations to D'Tigers!!! (Hm, can't we come up with a better name than that?)

2. If Nigeria was a well run country we would have been collecting olympic medals in basketball for decades.

3. This is very exciting! Hopefully they build on this to become a dominant force for a long time!

I don tire! It was adopted back in the day when nobody cared, but it is embarrassing.

Tigers are not even native to any part of the African continent.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:43 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:11 am Congratulations to D'Tigers!!! (Hm, can't we come up with a better name than that?)

I don tire! It was adopted back in the day when nobody cared, but it is embarrassing.

Is it?
I’ve heard far worse names in the world of basketball, not least the NBA.
A name is what you make of it.

You just get used to it.
Like you get used to funny-funny names like:

New Orleans Pelicans
Memphis Grizzlies
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Clippers

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
‘Stupid’ names to the virgin basketball ear.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:28 pm

Is it?

You just get used to it.

New Orleans Pelicans
Memphis Grizzlies
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Clippers

Almost all of those names have meanings that indicate connections to the host cities, former host cities, or the business of the founders.

Pistons relate to Motor City or Motown - Detroit

I believe the Jazz started out in New Orleans, and the Grizzlies started out in Vancouver, just as the Lakers started out in Minneapolis which has many lakes.

The others will have some connection story as well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:37 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:28 pm

Is it?

You just get used to it.

New Orleans Pelicans
Memphis Grizzlies
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Clippers

Almost all of those names have meanings that indicate connections to the host cities, former host cities, or the business of the founders.

Pistons relate to Motor City or Motown - Detroit

I believe the Jazz started out in New Orleans, and the Grizzlies started out in Vancouver, just as the Lakers started out in Minneapolis which has many lakes.

The others will have some connection story as well.
Yeah, I know there must be historical connections in most cases.
But who’s gonna do that research on first hearing?
They just sound silly to the uninitiated, but like I said, you get used to them and accept them. Link a successful brand with a name and it takes on a whole new meaning.

It don’t matter there are no tigers in Nigeria. Would The ‘Jolloffs’ or the The ‘Danfos’ be any different?
Even the ‘Super Eagles’ took some getting used to.
Now it simply rolls off the tongue like nuttin happen. :D