Super Eagle
Super Eagle
how far with our Tokyo 2020

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who is repping us in the 100M etc
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Re: how far with our Tokyo 2020

Post by Ipe Grams »

Getting unlikely with Japan having Convid-19 4th wave. :(
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The only one of our relay teams to qualify.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:16 am The only one of our relay teams to qualify.
Olympics: WA disqualifies Nigeria’s 4x400m team

’Tosin Oluwalowo
2 July 2021
’Tosin Oluwalowo

World Athletics has disqualified the Nigerian women’s 4x400m team from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics following some technical errors in the race where they secured qualification at the Lagos Open Athletics Championships on June 24.

The Nigerian quartet – Nse Imaobong, Favour Ofili, Knowledge Omovoh, and Patience Okon-George – ran a Season’s Best 3:26.83 at the event, which was held at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.

The win ensured they climbed to 13th on the WA Top List from the 18th position they initially occupied.

Though WA did not give reasons for the country’s disqualification, findings by our correspondent showed that the result was not ratified by WA, who didn’t reflect the qualification results on the Road to Tokyo tool used to determine qualified athletes on their website, when the final list was published on Thursday.

A source in the Athletics Federation of Nigeria, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said WA disqualified the race after one of the countries seeking qualification with Nigeria petitioned them over glaring technical errors in the race.

“The race has been disqualified; one of the countries on the Top List was pushed out of qualification places, while we went up. So, the country sent the race video to World Athletics. “In curve races, the results don’t count if there are no cones. In Team Nigeria’s case, they didn’t put cones where the second leg diverted to lane one, that’s the error.

“It is a shame that we are saying this out; that people who call themselves professionals handled things this way. It was the same reason they did not accept the Asaba race (2018 African Athletics Championships), once there are no cones round or there are no railings, it wouldn’t be accepted,” our source said.

A coach and statistical analyst Lekan Soetan, added, “There’s a rule that all races on bends must be run with kerbs to prevent runners from running inside the inner lane. “Meaning there’s no proof that all runners in that race didn’t break the bend rule since there was no kerb on the bend to ascertain that.”

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This kind of falls back on peakmilk and everything foreign. When he was the sports dude in delta, all he did was channel all his energies towards recruiting washed up americans to run for Nigeria. Today we are trash in athletics. The SE is heading the same way, so no surprises there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved