Olympic basketball…

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Olympic basketball…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Folks, I just finished watching the Australia- Nigeria game on NBCSN. Nigerian played very hard throughout the game especially on defense. They were a little too sloppy on offense and shot the ball poorly but they still had a chance up until early in the 4th when they just fell apart offensively. I thought the 19 point margin of victory was flattering for the Aussies. They really didn’t outplay D’Tigers. They just shot the ball a lot better from outside. I am encouraged by the defensive effort of D’Tigers and will continue to be hopeful that they can advance to the medal rounds❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Olympic basketball…

By the way, the USA dropped its opening game to France 83 - 76❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

USA Women take on D’Tigeress on Tuesday at 12:30 AM. The game will be televised on in he USA network. Go D’Tigeress❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

End of first quarter, D’Tigeress lead 20 - 17❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Half-time, USA 44:32 Nigeria❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

End of 3rd quarter, USA leads 70 - 50❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

USA 81:72 Nigeria Final.

An undersized Nigeria gave the US all they could handle. Nigeria led by 3 after the first quarter and by 5 early in the 2nd but the US took advantage of their size in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to build a 20 point lead at the end of the 3rd. Nigeria didn’t quit though and kept coming, winning the 4th quarter by 11.

All I can say is WOW❗️ Give D’Tigeress an A++ for effort. I now believe Nneka Ogwumike would have made a massive difference to this Nigerian squad.

On another note, the US commentators did what they do best; be totally obtuse, often mistaking Chiney for Nneka. Good game. I just can’t wait to see D’Tigeress in the remainder of their group games❗️

Cheers.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 am USA 81:72 Nigeria Final.

An undersized Nigeria gave the US all they could handle. Nigeria led by 3 after the first quarter and by 5 early in the 2nd but the US took advantage of their size in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to build a 20 point lead at the end of the 3rd. Nigeria didn’t quit though and kept coming, winning the 4th quarter by 11.

All I can say is WOW❗️ Give D’Tigeress an A++ for effort. I now believe Nneka Ogwumike would have made a massive difference to this Nigerian squad.

On another note, the US commentators did what they do best; be totally obtuse, often mistaking Chiney for Nneka. Good game. I just can’t wait to see D’Tigeress in the remainder of their group games❗️

Cheers.
The difference in size was too obvious. We just look like school children playing against adult. This was so evident in the 3rd quarter when it seems we have no chance.

Surprised at the effort we put in for the 4th quarter. It gives hope in the remaining group games.

Going forward, SIZE must be factored in when picking the teams.

Kudos to the team. They gave their all.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the girls are pretty good. They have speed, i like their energy and half court press . the US women are very old and tall... The naija babes are younger and very beautiful , will only get better
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 am

Cheers.
The difference in size was too obvious. We just look like school children playing against adult. This was so evident in the 3rd quarter when it seems we have no chance.

Surprised at the effort we put in for the 4th quarter. It gives hope in the remaining group games.

you watched a different game. The size is not an issue. We had the game plan on point. Our issues were scoring, we do not have clinical scorers, I was impressed with Kalu number 23 , you can know she balled with boys growing up, the way she handles the ball, shows she is a very good playmaker . Once we solve our conversion rate, i think this team will be very good. they only lost by 9 points to a team winning their 50th game without a loss in competitive Olympic basketball
SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:57 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 am

Cheers.

you watched a different game. The size is not an issue. We had the game plan on point. Our issues were scoring, we do not have clinical scorers, I was impressed with Kalu number 23 , you can know she balled with boys growing up, the way she handles the ball, shows she is a very good playmaker . Once we solve our conversion rate, i think this team will be very good. they only lost by 9 points to a team winning their 50th game without a loss in competitive Olympic basketball
Size was definitely an issue. The poor conversion rate was due largely to the fact that they had to shoot over much bigger players and, consequently, we’re rushing their shots. We can solve the size advantage problem by playing quicker and smarter like we did in the 4th quarter❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

If you missed the game, it’s on agai at 4:15pm on USA and again at 8:00pm on NBCSN❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigeria women's basketball team lost 72-81 to USA in their opening Group B game, with the MVP from the 2019 Afrobasket, Ezinne Kalu top scoring for the African champions with 16 points.

"We got our jitters out of the way as this is the first game and everyone came out a bit nervous, but I think we buckled down and played our game and played Nigeria basketball." Kalu said.

"I am really glad at how we competed today - with a team like USA you have to play perfectly to beat them and I think we came out and fought as hard as we could."

In the other game in the pool France lost 70-74 to Japan.

Next up for Nigeria will be France on Friday before they finish their group campaign against hosts Japan on Monday.

SuperEagles

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The D Tigers holding their own against Germany. At a point we ha had an 11 point lead.

Now leading 74-71 in the 3rd quarter.

Nwora is fantastic for the team,
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Now 74-74 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

We must not blow this one! We need to win this.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

We've not managed this game well. Now we are trailing 84-81. We have had some unnecessary turnovers. We have our work cut out for us now.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Now 87-81! Seems we are out of this now.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Now 91-81! Terrible
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

We've become so sloppy in our defending and our shooting. Things fall apart

93-81! We just cant seem to do anything right in this quarter
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Heads are down. Our shots not going in.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

First 3 pointer in a long time.

But it is too late to recover. Sad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

96-87
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

96-89