Blessing Okagbare fails drug test, out of Tokyo 2020

Post by kalani JR »

Story just flashed my screen!
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Blessing Okagbare fails drug test, out of Tokyo 2020

Post by Bell »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:07 am Story just flashed my screen!
WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL A NEED TO DO THIS?

Not worth it. And some of them (not necessarily Blessing) would not even take the Covid shot.
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

as i said , she trains and lives in the states.. The Americans drug everyone... they need to test the jamo folks too... now forget us winning anything in the Olympics. the test she failed was done on the 19th of july...she really fall my hand big time
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

trust a Cameroonian like you to be so excited
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare has been barred from the Olympics after failing a drug test, the first doping case of the Tokyo games track and field competition, officials said Saturday.

The Athletics Integrity Unit said in a statement that Okagbare, who won her opening heat of the women's 100m on Friday, had tested positive for human growth hormone.

The out-of-competition test was conducted on July 19, the AIU said. Okagbare was notified of the test results early Saturday.

Former Commonwealth Games gold medallist Okagbare, 32, won her heat in 11.05sec on Friday.

Okagbare's suspension is the latest twist in a troubled track and field campaign at the Olympics for Nigeria.

On Thursday, the AIU said 10 Nigerian athletes were among 18 competitors prevented from entering competition in Tokyo after failing to meet requirements for out-of-competition testing.

they are out to get us ooooo 11 athletes , ok ooooo
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:07 am as i said , she trains and lives in the states.. The Americans drug everyone... they need to test the jamo folks too... now forget us winning anything in the Olympics. the test she failed was done on the 19th of july...she really fall my hand big time
Are her coaches American? We were never winning nish, maybe Divine pulls something.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I am greatly disappointed. These Olympic Games are over for me❗️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58037280

Cheers.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I know that the Nigerian Sports Association will be having a party now because she called them out for their incompetence the day before regarding the disqualification of 10 athletes from Nigeria.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Everyone got suspicious when Blessing recently ran a scorching 10.64 during the trials at a ripe old age of 34 (in athletics).. she got caught. Instead of her soft glowing skin, she had became masculine overnight. Quite sad. Even the skin bleaching did not help.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bell wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:15 am

Not worth it. And some of them (not necessarily Blessing) would not even take the Covid shot.
Bell
You must understand that the test for for the so-called HGH is largely contrived and easily manipulated. That is fact. HGH is naturally occurring in the human body❗️

Cheers.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:38 am
Bell wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:15 am

Bell
You must understand that the test for for the so-called HGH is largely contrived and easily manipulated. That is fact. HGH is naturally occurring in the human body❗️

Cheers.
Of course it is a naturally occurring hormone but are implying you cannot distinguish between normal physiologic levels from adulteration? Just which medical textbook did you read that! The issue is folks keep thinking they can cheat but it always catches up. Lance Armstrong dopped on another naturally occurring hormone, erythropoietin for years but the tests to distinguish natural production version unnatural just kept getting better and he finally got caught. I would suspect Blessing has had hundreds of dopping tests before that include HGH should not really be that difficult to know something has changed. And yes someone may say she might have some new medical reason for excessive production of HGH (that can happen) but we then wait for proof.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:07 am as i said , she trains and lives in the states.. The Americans drug everyone... they need to test the jamo folks too... now forget us winning anything in the Olympics. the test she failed was done on the 19th of july...she really fall my hand big time
Are her coaches American? We were never winning nish, maybe Divine pulls something.
Yes her coach is American
SuperEagles

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they all do this shiit drug hoping it will dissipate from their system before a test is done.
Damn shame, many even suffer and die from this illegal substance use later.
The great sprinter, FloJo comes to mind, she died of mysterious circumstances in her sleep, though they claimed sleep related issue.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Blessing is 32, she was setup, the fake drug test was done 2 weeks prior to the games... the AIU, have refused to provide any further comments... We all know her rival in the 200m is Dina Asher Smith , who is British. We all saw how one British athlete made a false start and was allowed to stay on...then they came up with a fake .001 sec claiming Divine made a false start...i hope yall can see the pattern
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:35 pm Blessing is 32, she was setup, the fake drug test was done 2 weeks prior to the games... the AIU, have refused to provide any further comments... We all know her rival in the 200m is Dina Asher Smith , who is British. We all saw how one British athlete made a false start and was allowed to stay on...then they came up with a fake .001 sec claiming Divine made a false start...i hope yall can see the pattern
Is it relevant that it was done two weeks before the games? I would suspect that there might have been confirmatory testing. You clearly would not want to pull an athlete until you are sure. Could that be a potential reason for waiting two weeks? The US athlete Shari Richardson was disqualified weeks after a test taken prior to the Olympic qualifiers. I think it just takes time to be sure. At the moment I see no evidence offered by anyone regarding questions on the validity of the test other than said conspiracies here. If there is we will hear soon. The world verses Nigeria approach to simple explainable human missteps is a bit of a recurring yawn. Each of us facing the pressure these athletes do may do same whether we are black, brown or white. We are just human and we often do stupid stuff.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I was really looking forward to watching her. Sad.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Probably unintentional doping due to contaminated bleaching cream. She will be found innocent if this is true!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:35 pm Blessing is 32, she was setup, the fake drug test was done 2 weeks prior to the games... the AIU, have refused to provide any further comments... We all know her rival in the 200m is Dina Asher Smith , who is British. We all saw how one British athlete made a false start and was allowed to stay on...then they came up with a fake .001 sec claiming Divine made a false start...i hope yall can see the pattern
shameful
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

The word on the street is that there was an explosion of doping in 2020 when the pandemic meant that checks by WADA were almost non existent. A lot of the benefits of that free reign to dope have helped many athletes through into 2021.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

AreaDaddy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 pm The word on the street is that there was an explosion of doping in 2020 when the pandemic meant that checks by WADA were almost non existent. A lot of the benefits of that free reign to dope have helped many athletes through into 2021.
Wouldn't surprise me, there were a lot of suspicious times in the Olympics and even in the diamond league etc.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Hola amigo / Eric my body feel so good / I just ran 10.63 in the 100m on Friday / with a 2.7 wind / I am sooooo happy / Ericccccccc / Whatever you did, is working so well.

According to the complaint, Okagbare reached out to Lira in November 2020, directing him to a website that sells performance-enhancing drugs, https://www.superhumanstore.com/shg/. She then asked him to provide him with HGH and EPO.

Some of the highlights of Okagbare’s WhatsApp exchanges with Lira:
-On June 7, Okagbare asked Lira to confirm receipt of $2,500 and asked if he could bring something to help another athlete when he next visited her in Florida:

Hey Eric, I just sent you $2,500, can you confirm it via Zelle [an electronic payment application]? And also, remember I told you [Athlete-2] had hurt his hamstring, so anything that will help the hamstring really heal fast you can actually bring it as well, ok?

-On June 13, Okagbare revealed that she intentionally missed a drug test because she was worried she might test positive:

Okagbare: So I took 2000ui of the E yesterday, is it safe to take a test this morning?
Lira: Good day [Athlete-1] . . . . 2000 ui is a low dosage.
Embed from Getty Images
Okagbare: Remember I took it Wednesday and then yesterday again / I wasn’t sure so I didn’t take a test / I just let them go so it will be a missed test.

https://www.letsrun.com/news/2022/01/is ... sed%20test.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Very stupid move. She would have been a legend no matter what. Like a Segun Toriola or Quadri Aruna, she would have been remembered for what she did on the local scene, as well as being competitive on the international scene (even if not quite at the pinnacle of the sport). She did not need to do all of that.....

If it was financially driven....well now her finances will be much worse. She had already accomplished a lot, she forgot that. Greed.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT