[WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2(3) (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2(4) (Molina, Messi) PKs ARG advance to the semi-finals!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 0 ARGENTINA 1 (Molina)

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:06 pm Sometimes, the difference between success and failure is common sense.

To give that freekick in such a silly manner in the last minute? Whats the point of that?
Lol. Very naive. Classic thing NOT to do in the last minute when you are all but home free.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2 (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by Odas »

Let's see what happens, but I want the Netherlands to win it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:08 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:06 pm Sometimes, the difference between success and failure is common sense.

To give that freekick in such a silly manner in the last minute? Whats the point of that?
The stupidity will not take away from the execution.

Easy to say until you are IN the game
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 2 (Weghorst X 2) ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by Coach »

Yes. Proper match, subs steaming in, coaches steaming in. All kicking off. About time too.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm This is why European teams prevail!!! Man do they ever fight!
They have the toughest mentality I've ever seen, the elites of football indeed...a certain African team would have long conceded to defeat and just played for the "well, we played well" moral victory story.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 1 (Weghorst) ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:58 pm All manner of shithousery from Argentina
And not a single Fred blasting forward.
But a Parades giving freekicks :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 0 ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:47 pm
ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:45 pm I no tell una? The Dutch have not been impressive in this game or the WC as a whole for that matter. Bereft of ideas, they just hoof the ball up to Gakpo and Memphis. Today, they are playing like your typical boring European team, while the Argies are playing with guile and imagination. If Argies no be racist cuntry, I for support dem. :mad:
right on cue...

lets go fellas.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Holy Toledo! Chileke onye Umuahia! Useless Futcha, I am very happy to be wrong! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:09 pm

Lol. Very naive. Classic thing NOT to do in the last minute when you are all but home free.

Its not that easy when you are in the moment...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Dis Wol Cup sweet o o o o o o o o o o o! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Shithousery always has its consequences, unfortunately this might be a game the Argies will live to regret.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm This is why European teams prevail!!! Man do they ever fight!
I see teams fight like this. And I just feel so numb and weak for Nigeria. For years, I have spoken about intelligence, aggression and fighting spirit and people were comfortable with going to "learn."

We went to Lisbon and we were roundly beaten like a red-haired step child by a Portugal Team B and someone opened a thread here that Nigeria would have done well at the world cup???!! The arrogance!

I see these games and i realized how far behind we are! My God! we are in trouble.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:11 pm :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Uncle Diokpa Dede, I no go lie, e sweeeeet ooooooo :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Argentina yab big time..kai ..so naïve
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Depay's direct replacement has brought Netherlands back into the game.

Depay was very poor today and nearly cost Netherlands totally
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Oya, Netherlands, make me proud
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:13 pm Depay's direct replacement has brought Netherlands back into the game.

Depay was very poor today and nearly cost Netherlands totally
see the difference between Van Gaal and Tite? Van Gaal actually made a CHANGE! HE DIDNT JUST BRING IN A LIKE-FOR-LIKE and hoped for the best. smh
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #2] NETHERLANDS 1 (Weghorst) ARGENTINA 2 (Molina, Messi(PK))

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:08 pm Van Gaal pulls a rabbit out of the hat..

Went airborne...
Damn. This game was so long I thought it was going to pks. I forgot they never play extra time :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:12 pm
I see teams fight like this. And I just feel so numb and weak for Nigeria. For years, I have spoken about intelligence, aggression and fighting spirit and people were comfortable with going to "learn."

We went to Lisbon and we were roundly beaten like a red-haired step child by a Portugal Team B and someone opened a thread here that Nigeria would have done well at the world cup???!! The arrogance!

I see these games and i realized how far behind we are! My God! we are in trouble.
Let's just cancel out 2022 as a year of political disservice to the Nigerian people, the ripple effect of which has seen low standards and low IQ expectations permeating even our much fancied football...let's hope 2023 will offer us a better sociopolitical dimension.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

What a game this has turned out to be!
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:13 pm Argentina yab big time..kai ..so naïve
I hope they now see it's NOT what they think
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:10 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:09 pm

Its not that easy when you are in the moment...

Hmm, you seem to make these empathetic statements when it comes to non-African teams and players.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:09 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:08 pm

The stupidity will not take away from the execution.

Easy to say until you are IN the game
Easy to say that the free kick was well executed ? Or easy for DD to say Otamendi was stupid ? which of the two is in ref to being in the game ? I confuse :smile:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

ohsee wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:11 pm :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Say that again. No know y my boss call me in tomorrow sef. :? :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....