[WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guys the ref is from Morocco, but with a US pali..hmmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Maybe the Black Stars have something to do with the scoreline at halftime and not entirely because Portugal and so-and-so Portuguese player is not good enough
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:51 pm Managers like Santos take all the joy out of football.

At times like this, I actually hate European football...

This can be a long discussion.

:)

Yes, some Europeans can be overly tactical and forget about individualism in football. That's why Argentina and Brazil for a while were better. Tide turned for me starting in 1998...as many Europeans put a premium on skill, talent, and improvisation, while staying tactically sound overall.

Right now Europe is in a down cycle. Teams aren't as strong. Portugal, Spain, and, perhaps, France stand out for me. I say France because Australia is really bad, so we will see.

Keep in mind in this game CR got robbed of a goal with nice attacking play. Same with Canada robbed of a 2nd penalty yesterday. We all rightfully keep bringing up margins.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

can someone tell me exactly which kind of dress Eniola ALuko dey wear sef...the thing get as e be
SuperEagles

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kudus is their best ball player. I would remove Ayew, push him further upfront and bring in another ball winner in the midfield
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ghana is too defense-heavy with very little on the offensive side. If they score first,
this will be their script all game long but if Portugal scores first, Ghana will have to
commit more players up front. And that will give Portugal more space to operate.
A tied first game will not be bad for both teams.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

At least CAF teams can defend... unlike Asia and concacrap
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:46 pm Ghanians are actually good on the ball, if they take the game to Portugal, good things could happen.

They clearly don't have the talent or the intensity of game to do that...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm can someone tell me exactly which kind of dress Eniola ALuko dey wear sef...the thing get as e be
Na only you dey admire am,
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:54 pm after watching all 5 CAF teams, the following could dude damages if only they can score, Senegal, Morocco and ghana

Having slept on Croatia vs Morocco, similar to this game, the Atlas Lions parked the bus because they needed 1 point in an opener. I agree Morocco has little attack, so it was correct. And it worked, as Croatia got stymied with a poor attack of our own.

Tactically Ghana, Morocco, and Senegal played correct. Interestingly, the common denominator seems to be a lack of not only strikers, but also combination play in the final 1/3. That is something these teams can work on...same with Croatia, as we've not 1 striker of caliber.

One last thought: Germany plays well in the final 1/3 like Portugal in this game, but you have to score. Germany doesn't have a Klose. Portugal better hope CR can convert these chances or bring in somebody who can.

Possession and even nice play in the final 1/3 need scoring. Think Spain when they were toothless, infuriating and frustrating to watch.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm can someone tell me exactly which kind of dress Eniola ALuko dey wear sef...the thing get as e be

watch the game bro. watch the game...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:59 pm
felarey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:46 pm Ghanians are actually good on the ball, if they take the game to Portugal, good things could happen.

Agree. Hence, the Black Stars are playing the right tactics, to their ability.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:56 pm
txj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:51 pm Managers like Santos take all the joy out of football.

Yes, some Europeans can be overly tactical and forget about individualism in football. That's why Argentina and Brazil for a while were better. Tide turned for me starting in 1998...as many Europeans put a premium on skill, talent, and improvisation, while staying tactically sound overall.

Right now Europe is in a down cycle. Teams aren't as strong. Portugal, Spain, and, perhaps, France stand out for me. I say France because Australia is really bad, so we will see.

Keep in mind in this game CR got robbed of a goal with nice attacking play. Same with Canada robbed of a 2nd penalty yesterday. We all rightfully keep bringing up margins.

Its the reductionist principle that dominates European thinking of the game. With teams playing first to avoid mistakes rather than pressing their advantage...

A Ghana team totally lacking in quality is then allowed to hang around in an endless series of sterile football...

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief. Portugal will most likely give up some chances as the second half proceeds.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ghana did not get in Portugal"s penalty box.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Anyone better than Ayew on the bench, please!!
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:04 pm

Its the reductionist principle that dominates European thinking of the game. With teams playing first to avoid mistakes rather than pressing their advantage...

A Ghana team totally lacking in quality is then allowed to hang around in an endless series of sterile football...

Like I said, this would be an interesting thread.

For now I will say European football was once like that but isn't always now. Portugal has shown nice style and combination in the final 1/3, crafting 2 solid chances that CR didn't nail...and CR did nail once but ref made a mistake to invalidate the goal.

As discussed, football is tougher now when a team competently defends. Let's give Ghana credit. They are doggedly defending.

Lastly, Portugal is good, but maybe not as good as a Spain or France (again, let's see with them) or Brazil (let's see if they match the hype). Football is tougher than ever.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:03 pm

Agree. Hence, the Black Stars are playing the right tactics, to their ability.
Ghana is doing what got them to this WC. Don’t forget we outshot them in Ghana.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ghana done frustrate Portugal, dey are looking clueless ...
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:08 pm
txj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:04 pm

Like I said, this would be an interesting thread.

For now I will say European football was once like that but isn't always now. Portugal has shown nice style and combination in the final 1/3, crafting 2 solid chances that CR didn't nail...and CR did nail once but ref made a mistake to invalidate the goal.

As discussed, football is tougher now when a team competently defends. Let's give Ghana credit. They are doggedly defending.

Lastly, Portugal is good, but maybe not as good as a Spain or France (again, let's see with them) or Brazil (let's see if they match the hype). Football is tougher than ever.

They have the talent to be as good as Spain, if not better.

Give this same squad to Pep or Klopp and the outlook and approach is completely different..

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Sorry man, this is a terrible ref. Again, in a reverse, he's favoring Ghana, letting them get away with fouls but calls in a vital moment against Portugal.

I call it like it is in this. I did with Canada yesterday, where the ref robbed them in favor of Belgium.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ghana showing too much respect
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fadiga in the stand
SuperEagles