[WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(3-1) (Memphis 10min, Blind 46min, Dumffries 80min); Haji 75min FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(0-0)

Post by txj »

Odas wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:16 pm
txj wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:14 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:09 pm Thus far, I am surprised the USA is playing better than Netherlands
Tis the eye of childhood that fears a a painted devil
Meaning? I hate to guess what you mean, so clarify

See the highlighted part of my post above.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:15 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:09 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:27 pm Jesus Ferriera starting has played even less than Gio this tournament, bold call Greg, lets see how it goes.
Maybe Gio doesn't fit his system. He is the coach and regardless of the results , he should have his contract extended . I am tired of hearing Gio, this and that 24/7 . which of the 3 man midfield is Gio better than?
Gio is our most talented player in my opinion brother Pokey. you make the system fit your best players in my opinion again brother Pokey.

if we don't score watch Gio come on early and be expected to save the day.
i hope so, because i am getting pissed right now. i am about to go watch this game in the living room , getting out of my home office /man's den right now , may bring luck
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:16 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:13 pm
mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:10 pm So far we’re looking better. Need composure in the final 1/3. We’re evidently faster and fitter,
Mate,

What you mean by 'we?' I thought you are Croatian?
I root for both.

I’m an immigrant but lived most my life in the USA.

🙂

Pulisic let us down. He’s Croatian-American. Chelsea has issues because of his low scoring conversion.

He didn’t finish. The Dutch did. Moments in thin margins.
I see! I think many of us here are immigrants; therefore, are rooting for the USA
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Netherlands vs USA(1-0) Memphis

Post by mate »

Ah man. Dutch football IQ starting to show. They know this is 90 minutes. And are managing their game.

Waiting for counters that now are fast compared to 1st round.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The Dutch, hiding in the bushes, come alive again and Blind misses!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Dutch have guys like Blind who don’t exactly light up athletically. We need to exploit this guy in particular.

Can’t believe he starts.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The US need to calm down.

Or like Hatton they will punch themselves out...

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Blind is on the Dest side.

Exploit!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:20 pm Dutch have guys like Blind who don’t exactly light up athletically. We need to exploit this guy in particular.

Can’t believe he starts.

Very conventional thinking...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:21 pm Blind is on the Dest side.

Exploit!

Na yam????

Exploit what?

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Hate to say so, but Zimmerman is looking shaky. Made a few mistakes. Played much better in qualifiers.

Maybe a sub?

Pulisic not 100%. Maybe sub too?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:21 pm Blind is on the Dest side.

Exploit!
Hmm, sometimes such plans doesn't work, but it doesn't hurt to try, though
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

these guys look out of ideas already but we know they won't give up, lets go fellas.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Depay's ability to hold up play is one of the most underrated in world football

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The Dutch's defensive tactic is working well for them right now. The USA doesn't know what to do at the final-fourth while with the ball
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

There is a difference in overall football IQ and passing fluency. Tactics are a wash. Talent is making the difference.

Our back line cannot pass as securely as Dutch. And their midfield is sharper in final 1/3.

It adds up. We need a moment to break and get emotional advantage.

Again, players.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Depay loves to dwell on the ball too much.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kai, the Netherlands deploys ALL their players in defense each time the USA has the ball
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:30 pm There is a difference in overall football IQ and passing fluency. Tactics are a wash. Talent is making the difference.

Our back line cannot pass as securely as Dutch. And their midfield is sharper in final 1/3.

Again, players.

Follow my posts bro, and you'll see the game

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Game too big for Ferreira

smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Pulisic does not look 100% fit. He’s had chances and finished poorly.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:30 pm There is a difference in overall football IQ and passing fluency. Tactics are a wash. Talent is making the difference.

Again, players.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: If this pattern continues, it will be a LONG day for the USA
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:32 pm Game too big for Ferreira
he was setup to fail, im a greg guy but he got that way wrong.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.