Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Post by vancity eagle »

Iran tied Orlando Pirates

3-3

They were missing some of their first team players (euro players)

Don't know how full Orlando Pirates were.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Iran has difficulty executing friendlies. They will be the least versatile of all the teams. Expect them to be predictable, but very hard to breakdown.

The key with the Iran Match, will be to be clinical. The match, may be decided by turning point moments. This is not the type of match, you will want someone like Ideye playing.

Looking at 4-2-3-1

We will need Emenike in this match. Musa behind him. Obasi on the right, Moses on the left. Onazi behind Mikel.

Oboabona paired with Omeruo. Balogun at leftback as a bit of a Joker and Ambrose on the right.

This will give us enough options to break down a very resolute team, because we will have enough width coming from Ambrose, Obasi, Moses and we will have enough physical strength in Emenike, the speed of Musa running through the middle. We will also have Mikel to calm things down, if begin to get too much pressure and Onazi in that instance becomes very critical in playing the box-box role, if we sit back.

All the while we have the experience of Enyeama defensively and the continuity of Omeruo, Ambrose and Oboabona to make, sure we don't get shaky. Balogun will be a bit of a joker to see how he fares. I am not a fan of Echiejile to be honest, he has poor positional play and can get beaten quite easily, in this fixture, I'm happy for Balogun to slot in. If Balogun does not impress then we can revert back to Uwa.

Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Bosnia's Provisional 24 Man World Cup Squad

Post by wiseone »

World Cup 2014: Dzeko & Begovic in Bosnia-Hercegovina squad

Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko and Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic are in Bosnia-Hercegovina's provisional 24-man World Cup squad.

The former Yugoslav republic, who joined Fifa in 1996, will be making their debut at a major championship.

And coach Safet Susic believes his team can advance from their group into the knockout stages in Brazil.

He said: "We must have a goal and that is to try to go through to the second round, to qualify for the round of 16."

Bosnia face Argentina, Nigeria and Iran in Group F.

Squads must be reduced to 23 players by 2 June.

Goalkeepers: Asmir Begovic (Stoke City), Asmir Avdukic (Borac Banja Luka), Jasmin Fejzic (VFR Aalen).

Defenders: Emir Spahic (Bayer Leverkusen), Toni Sunjic (Zorya Lugansk), Sead Kolasinac (Schalke), Ognjen Vranjes (Elazigspor), Ervin Zukanovic (Gent), Ermin Bicakcic (Eintracht Braunschweig), Muhamed Besic (Ferencvaros).

Midfielders: Miralem Pjanic (Roma), Izet Hajrovic (Galatasaray), Mensur Mujdza (Freiburg), Haris Medunjanin (Gaziantepspor), Senad Lulic (Lazio), Anel Hadzic (Sturm), Tino Susic (Hajduk), Sejad Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Zvjezdan Misimovic (Guizhour Renhe), Senijad Ibricic (Erciyesspor), Avdija Vrsaljevic (Hajduk).

Strikers: Vedad Ibisevic (VfB Stuttgart), Edin Dzeko (Manchester City), Edin Visca (Istanbul BB).
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Iran facing Belarus tomorrow @2:30PM ET.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

Already got my ticket for the CIV vs Bosnia games since na my town this game dey, can't wait.
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

Iran and belarus drew 0-0
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

sholaJay wrote:Iran and belarus drew 0-0

highlight http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=10197
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tbite wrote:The key with the Iran Match, will be to be clinical. The match, may be decided by turning point moments. This is not the type of match, you will want someone like Ideye playing.
I'd expect Nigeria to start a very offensive line up in that game...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Nigeria has as favorable a group as one could expect. Iran is not a strong team. It has talent and flashes of exciting play, but is prone to catastrophic defensive breakdowns. This where Nigeria has to take command and impose itself.

Bosnia is your world cup in a sense. They have very good talent. If anybody can get them to train, prepare, and fight, it's Susic, an icon in the former Yugoslav republics. But all the Yugoslav teams are emotional, uncertain, and sometimes unprepared. I guess in this game you test, probe, and adjust in the match to see which Bosnia has shown up.

Argentina is Argentina. What can I say? Mess. South American fans. A burning desire to make an impact not made at this level since 1990 for a glorious history. I doubt anybody gets a point. But you never know.

The SuperEagles are a strong #2 here. You have to be. You have the experience. You're a returnee. You were at the Confederations Cup. From what I've observed, shore up the defense and a 2nd round is highly likely.

I'm rooting for all the teams. I just want to see a great world cup. With a few classic games. This hasn't happened in my opinion since 1982. Maybe a return to South America does it?

I'm especially rooting for USA, Croatia, Nigeria, Bosnia, and Brazil.

I'd be a liar if I said I won't start a samba in front of my tv if the yellow shirts produce it on the pitch. I can't help it. It just happens, like a seizure!!!

:tic:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I still don't know why People keep saying we are fighting for 2nd

1) When we have even topped a group with the Argies before
2) and the last time we played them competitively, we did not lose that match genuinely! Enyeama get Argentina at bay and it took an illegitimate goal from Gabriel Heinze to steal the show! Chinedu Obasi was infringed and fouled and the referee did NOTHING, instead he allowed the illegitimate goal to count

and now we are just supposed to throw the match away in fear?

I am sorry but Nigeria should go for not the top spot...that should be EVERYONE's goal in that group.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The full match if anyone's interested

[/video]
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tbite wrote:I am sorry but Nigeria should go for not the top spot...that should be EVERYONE's goal in that group.
Of course everybody will try to be #1. That goes without saying. But some outcomes seem more likely than others.

To me, Argentina is the strongest team in the group. Nigeria is next. Bosnia and Iran have little WC experience and weren't at the last one.

Knowing this, you adjust your tactics. You can't be as ambitious against a strong team as you can against weaker teams in general. Never mind specifics.

Isn't pressing Iran or Bosnia more likely to produce a goal and less likely to concede on a counter than against Argentina?

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Tbite wrote:The key with the Iran Match, will be to be clinical. The match, may be decided by turning point moments. This is not the type of match, you will want someone like Ideye playing.

This is a must. 442 vs Iran

*****************MIKEL*************ONAZI*******************

ODEMWINGIE*******************************************MOSES

**********************MUSA*********************************

*********************************EMENIKE********************
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Not so much....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I spoke to an Iranian today, he said that he tips Nigeria to win because we are more "Physical" he said the key matches for us are Iran and Bosnia....once again telling us, to forget about Argentina and bend over (Which pissed me off, but I didn't show my anger).

I told him that I don't know much about Iran, but the little research I have done shows that they are resolute defenders! He said definitely and the core of their defense comes from one team! (The club he supports) He said the club he supports conceded 7 goals in one season, not sure if it was the current season or a previous one.

I asked him, how do they plan to score? On the Counter? He said, they are reshaping the team right now (I guess meaning their tactics are not in order).

I also spoke to a Ghanaian. I told him that Ghana is better than Nigeria on paper....he said no, you are the African Champions. I said "Do you know what on paper means?"....he maintained that Nigeria were better on paper....I don't think the guy knows what on paper means.
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

I expect them to defend like wounded lions. Get the ball to jevad nekanoum who is their Verison of Mikel and plays DM. he has played in spain for several years and is their most experienced player with decent ball control and passing ability. He also has a dangerous freekick. They will hit us on the counter attack via Dejagah of fulham and gucci of charlton FC. I actually fear for elderson if dejegah runs at him, he is actually faster and stronger than elderson.. they will play a 4-2-3-1. And infact if you take a look on their persian forums they are more confident that they will beat us than we will beat them. Infact they have already started talking about the bosnia match as the most important game of their tournament.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset who is safarigirl on BigSoccer?? She has been talking smack on our behalf all day on Iran's forum :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not so much....
I have a feeling (yes, a feeling) that we'll see something akin to Christian Chukwu's wholly unbalanced line up against Morocco at ANC 2004. I sure hope not.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not so much....
I have a feeling (yes, a feeling) that we'll see something akin to Christian Chukwu's wholly unbalanced line up against Morocco at ANC 2004. I sure hope not.

Not likely, Mikel and Onazi will start, so there is your balance...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not so much....

Not likely, Mikel and Onazi will start, so there is your balance...
Not really
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

vancity eagle wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

This is a must. 442 vs Iran

*****************MIKEL*************ONAZI*******************

ODEMWINGIE*******************************************MOSES

**********************MUSA*********************************

*********************************EMENIKE********************

kpom! You read my mind
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not so much....
I expect us to come out just the way we did against Ethiopia in the last qualifier except this time Osaze is in for Ideye.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?