My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Post by The YeyeMan »

Undertaker wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:I booked all my hotels in the middle of December last yr. If you are looking for deals now, you are kind of late to the party!

Being late is sometimes good my friend. I just booked 6 flights, Sao Paulo to Curitiba to Sao Paulo to Cuiaba to Brasilia to Porto Alegre then back to Brasília and then to Rio for $ 803. Two months ago all that 6 flights was going to cost me $ 1500.
Yep, I was tempted to book later but booked in December. You can probably get good deals now.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Another tip for the local flights. Buy "flexible" fares that way if you see a lower priced flight in the future and you want to change it, they will refund you some money.

Happened to a few already
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I need a hotel room in Brasilia from June 22nd to June 27th..... how many Brazilian do I have to kiss their asss for get a hotel room in Brasilia?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROTC
Egg
Egg

Post by ROTC »

ohsee wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Guys, who has accommodation in Cuiaba? I can't find a room in that city. Please pm me if you have any ideas. Thanks.
Cuiaba is a tough one. Not too many options were available when we booked. We’ll be staying at the Abudi Hotel Cuiaba. There were other options via AirBnB but we are a big group with young kids…and as a result, I preferred the comfort of a hotel instead. If it’s just you or a couple of guys, I would suggest AirBnB asap.
:shock: :shock:
Nekwe num anya nu o! (Trans: make una see me eye o! ROTC, not easy to translate well, but let's say, "I can't believe what I am seeing." ) Unem Nwoke, I am at Abudi too!!!! So our talk of meeting is not just talk? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Dis Wol Cup go sweet o! At some point, I will send you my cell number and itinerary.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

This is awesome. My dad and siblings are looking forward to seeing you. Please travel with your Enugu Wawa une body of knowledge. Trust me, there will be questions...lots of, particularly from my dad.

I will be heading to South America shortly. I will send you my contact details via the private message feature.
American Police: Under trained, Over armed and a threat to all of society
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Who is buying tickets this Tuesday when the last Phase open on April 15th?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Undertaker wrote:Who is buying tickets this Tuesday when the last Phase open on April 15th?
The question is - what kind of tickets are available? will these be returned tickets from unsold allocations? are they releasing more tickets? If after Phase 2, the claim is that all tickets are sold out, what are we expecting for this phase?
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

So i bit the bullet and added one more flight to my already expensive trip in Brazil. I have now added Sao Paulo to my trip and will now be looking to add the RD 16 game there to my tickets. This will make it the maximum 7 tickets allowed by FIFA.

@ Analyzer & Undertaker, Tickets will be available for all matches in this next phase up untill game time. Just keep checking for the game you want up till a few hours before that game starts. One of my friends got the ticket to the Final in SA merely 2 days before the final.

I no go fit tell my wife how much this trip cost @ the end of the day. I go just try keep the memory and change topic if she asks for final bill.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Undertaker wrote:I need a hotel room in Brasilia from June 22nd to June 27th..... how many Brazilian do I have to kiss their asss for get a hotel room in Brasilia?
Undie, i go dey Brasilia from 25th to 27th

we should hook up man.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

tfco wrote:
Undertaker wrote:I need a hotel room in Brasilia from June 22nd to June 27th..... how many Brazilian do I have to kiss their asss for get a hotel room in Brasilia?

we should hook up man.

Will be there also in the same period. @TFCO, I might also be in Toronto for work about a month from now Where are the happening spots in T-dot? Make we chop isi-ewu before the World cup and chop round 2 in Brazil
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

tfco wrote:

we should hook up man.

Charlie, I have two tickets for Ghana vs. Portugal. I am in Brasilia that same days staying with some Brazilian chick from airbnb. I will PM you my cell phone and email. I will love to meet you too bro. Where are you staying in Brasilia?
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZILTM
In preparation for the Last Minute Sales Period which will open on 15th April 2014 at 12:00 CET / 07:00 Brasilia Time, it is not possible to access your Ticketing Account at www.fifa.com/tickets from 8th April 2014 at 12:00 Central European Time / 07:00 Brasilia Time. until 15th April 2014 at 12:00 CET / 07:00 Brasilia Time.

Please note, during the Last Minute Sales Period, Tickets will be allocated on a First Come First Served basis. We would advise football fans to place their order as soon as the First Come First Served Sales Period opens as high demand is expected and tickets are likely to sell out very quickly.
Thank you for your interest in attending the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. We hope to see you there!

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you.
Get ready for Tuesday morning
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Undertaker wrote:
tfco wrote:

we should hook up man.

Charlie, I have two tickets for Ghana vs. Portugal. I am in Brasilia that same days staying with some Brazilian chick from airbnb. I will PM you my cell phone and email. I will love to meet you too bro. Where are you staying in Brasilia?
i am now looking for a crib in fortalezza for 10 days

THEN

I will sort out Brasilia for 3 days

airbnb does not seem to have much...my budget is $100/night, you think i go find something?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

KIZONZO wrote:
tfco wrote:

we should hook up man.

Will be there also in the same period. @TFCO, I might also be in Toronto for work about a month from now Where are the happening spots in T-dot? Make we chop isi-ewu before the World cup and chop round 2 in Brazil
i get pikin so my night life go down the tubes - my entertainment now is coming on CE and yabbing cic and ohsee

as for Brazil we should def do a meetup n Brasilia

I will create a thread closer to the time so WC goers can post where they will be. Right now the mods are refusing to create a subforum and there are multiple WC threads on the same topic
:?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

There is no other place to put this in, so will add it here. Information on Curitiba and Porto Alegre for the first three games, I think that the climate in Cuiaba will favour as this well and truly replicate what we have back home. If our fitness is up to par, should be a distinct advantage for us.

Source

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/24897388

Estadio Pantanal, Cuiaba

Capacity: 42,968.

Opening: Officials in the city told the BBC in November that the stadium would not be finished in time and that there are not enough hotel rooms for visiting fans. Fifa has confirmed that it will miss their completion deadline but general secretary Jerome Valcke says it will be ready by February 2014.

Altitude: 165m (541ft).
Climate: Hot. The temperatures in Cuiaba are consistently high in June and July, rising to daily highs of just over 30C, while it can reach a sweltering 37C. Thunderstorms are a possibility, with humidity expected to be in the 60-70% range.

Time Zone: GMT -4 hours.

Approximate distance from Rio: 1,201 miles.

Where is it?: Right in the centre of South America, close to the Bolivian border.

Fixtures: 13 June, Chile v Australia, 23:00; 17 June, Russia v South Korea, 23:00; 21 June, Nigeria v Bosnia-Hercegovina, 23:00; 24 June, Japan v Colombia, 21:00.

Background: The Estadio Pantanal will be scaled down and used for a variety of different uses once the World Cup is over, with business conventions and events hosted alongside sport. Local clubs Mixto and Operario might be the football tenants.
The stadium has been designed to complement the biodiversity of the nearby Pantanal with certified wood used in its construction and building waste being recycled.

Estadio Da Baixada, Curitiba

Capacity: 41,456.

Opened: The original stadium opened in 1914 and the latest renovations have been beset by problems. It will not be ready for Fifa's end-of-year deadline but could be completed by February 2014.

Altitude: 920m (3,018 ft).

Climate: The playing conditions in Curitiba are relatively cool and comfortable with the temperature usually peaking around 20C and a good chance of some rain.

Time Zone: GMT -3 hours.

Approximate distance from Rio: 523 miles.

Where is it?: South of Sao Paulo, one of the cooler cities in Brazil which saw snow fall this year.

Fixtures: 16 June, Iran v Nigeria, 20:00; 20 June, Honduras v Ecuador, 23:00; 23 June, Australia v Spain, 17:00; 26 June, Algeria v Russia, 21:00.

Background: The home ground of Atletico Paranaense was originally constructed back in 1914 and will have extra rows of seats added on two sides as its capacity is increased to 40,000 for the tournament.

Estadio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre

Capacity: 48,849.

Opened: 1969 - currently being refurbished.

Altitude: 47m (154ft).

Climate: It can get down to a chilly 10C at Porte Alegre in June and July with highs only around 19C.

Time Zone: GMT -3 hours.

Approximate distance from Rio: 982 miles.

Where is it?: The furthest south of the host cities, Porto Alegre sits on a huge freshwater lagoon called Lagoa dos Patos (Lagoon of the Ducks), which is 174 miles long.

Fixtures: 15 June, France v Honduras, 20:00; 18 June, Australia v Netherlands, 17:00; 22 June, South Korea v Algeria, 20:00; 25 June, Nigeria v Argentina, 17:00; 30 June, Second-round, Winner Group G v Runner-up Group H, 21:00.

Background: The largest stadium in the south of Brazil was originally built in 1969 and is home to Internacional. It is in the middle of extensive refurbishment with a roof being added, more car parking spaces and the lower tier of seating being moved closer to the pitch.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

For those who still need tickets, the last minute sales opens in exactly 15 minutes time. 4 am ET. Finally got up due to the alarm i set a month ago on my phone. Grab them while you can!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I am clued to the computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

As a matter of fact, I have three computers running. I want that Urugauy vs England badly
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Undertaker wrote:I am clued to the computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Undertaker wrote:As a matter of fact, I have three computers running. I want that Urugauy vs England badly

Man, you will need lots of luck to secure that ticket. The app shows only 584 tickets available for that game, and they are all CAT 3 tickets.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

anyone get in yet?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Nope
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

KIZONZO wrote:
Undertaker wrote:As a matter of fact, I have three computers running. I want that Urugauy vs England badly

Man, you will need lots of luck to secure that ticket. The app shows only 584 tickets available for that game, and they are all CAT 3 tickets.

I will take 1 ticket at cat 3 for that match
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

this is ridiculous. fuckin fifa