Italy's 30 and no Ogbonna

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benny
Egg
Egg
Italy's 30 and no Ogbonna

Post by benny »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... squad.html

GOALKEEPERS

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Salvatore Sirigu (PSG), Mattia Perrin (Genoa)

DEFENDERS

Ignazio Abate (AC Milan), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leandro Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Mattia De Sciglio (AC Milan), Christian Maggio (Lazio), Gabriel Paletta (Parma), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter Milan)

MIDFIELDERS

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (AC Milan), Marco Parolo (Parma), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Thiago Motta (PSG), Romulo (Verona), Marco Verratti (PSG)

STRIKERS

Mario Balotelli (AC Milan), Antonio Cassano (Parma), Alessio Cerci (Torino), Mattia Destro (AS Roma), Ciro Immobile (Torino), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina)
king kanu forever!!!!!!!!
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Italy's 30 and no Ogbonna

Post by olu »

Strong balanced squad. I think defence may actually be the weakest part if this team, which is rare for an italian team.Don't know about you guys, but I'm beginning to get nervous when I see other coaches naming strong squads, while Keshi has included up to 6 deadweights/possibly unfit players in his 30.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ok. I may have been a little harsh on Keshi
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

olu wrote:Strong balanced squad. I think defence may actually be the weakest part if this team, which is rare for an italian team.Don't know about you guys, but I'm beginning to get nervous when I see other coaches naming strong squads, while Keshi has included up to 6 deadweights/possibly unfit players in his 30.
According to the experts, Keshi already knows his 23. Therefore nothing wrong with including deadweights.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Italy is blessed with some many world class defenders. It would have been surprising if he(Ogbonna) had made their world cup team.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

People deserve what they get. For those who abandoned Naija. E be as it be o:

Austria: Alaba: No World Cup. Forgiven NFF fault.
England: Agbonlahor
Germany: Sam
Italy: Ogbonna
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Lolly wrote:
olu wrote:Strong balanced squad. I think defence may actually be the weakest part if this team, which is rare for an italian team.Don't know about you guys, but I'm beginning to get nervous when I see other coaches naming strong squads, while Keshi has included up to 6 deadweights/possibly unfit players in his 30.
According to the experts, Keshi already knows his 23. Therefore nothing wrong with including deadweights.
Nothing wrong?
Nigeria has more than 23 strong players and every strong player actually deserves a chance to compete with more established players. Aluko and Obasi were left out because Keshi already knows his 23? On which basis does he know it? Definetely not on merit!
Coaches who select on merit decide based on training sessions and latest match impressions - none of that is a factor of Keshi's selection.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

DAgrin wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Nothing wrong?
Nigeria has more than 23 strong players and every strong player actually deserves a chance to compete with more established players. Aluko and Obasi were left out because Keshi already knows his 23? On which basis does he know it? Definetely not on merit!
Coaches who select on merit decide based on training sessions and latest match impressions - none of that is a factor of Keshi's selection.
Sir, care to divulge how you got this information?
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

nzeogwu wrote:People deserve what they get. For those who abandoned Naija. E be as it be o:

Shola Amoebi should have featured prominently on this list however our big boss knows better with his unscrupulous call ups blocked his name on the list.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

nzeogwu wrote:People deserve what they get. For those who abandoned Naija. E be as it be o:

Ogbonna is more Italian than Naija
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wale1974 wrote:

Ogbonna is more Italian than Naija
Kpom!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo