MY TAKE ON THE CONTROVERSIAL PENALTY AGAINST CROATIA

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

1. I think Fred went down easily.
2. But would he have gone down if Lovren didn’t put his hand on him?
3. I blame Lovren for putting his hand on Fred’s shoulders
4. That Fred went down easily doesn’t mean the referee saw it that way or had the time to analyze it as well. All the referee saw was 2 hands on Fred, in which one hand was even hidden.
5. We arm chair analysts have had the benefit of watching that replay like 100 times. The whole thing happened in split second and referee’s was also made in similar manner. This is why I think FIFA should go beyond Goal Line Technology and introduce overall TV replays such that each team could be given a maximum of 2 calls per game at the discretion of the coaches on contentious decisions.
6. Even despite the replays, I’ll still give the penalty. Don’t put your 2 hands on another players shoulder. Simple. Football is contact sport but the contact allowed doesn’t go beyond shoulder barging or contact made by the overall surface area of the body. Hands aren’t allowed to reach out. Did Kaita make contact against the Greek player before he was red carded in 2010?
7. Croatians are crying foul, using words like ‘scandalous’, ‘embarrassing’...that there are debates all over the world that have divided fans suggests that their reaction is just ballistic. Controversial, yes but all the vocabulary is just for PR. The Croatian manager also suggested that Fred at 85kg couldn’t have gone down just like that. For crying loud, this is just mere speculations.
8. What is actually scandalous or embarrassing is Pletikosa’s goalkeeping that gifted Brazil 2 other goals. I hereby move a motion that his name should be changed to Plentigolaso.......Yes, the ayes have it.
9. Even though Fred went down easily, what he did is what crafty players will do under the circumstance. I will blame Emmanuel Emenike if he doesn’t go down under such challenge.
10. Since FIFA also give extracurricular instructions to referees before tournaments like the World Cup, most times giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker in order to preserve attacking football, other defenders, most especially Naija defenders, can take a lot from this saga and mind what they do with their hands in the penalty area.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: MY TAKE ON THE CONTROVERSIAL PENALTY AGAINST CROATIA

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so CE una go ignore this bobo take on the PK on a new thread for this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abeg make una post so he can get some feedbacks..fyi i didn't even read the post just the thread title , seems most CE have decided to end this dude like this
This post was made by anointed who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

anointed wrote:MY TAKE ON THE CONTROVERSIAL PENALTY AGAINST CROATIA

4. That Fred went down easily doesn’t mean the referee saw it that way or had the time to analyze it as well. All the referee saw was 2 hands on Fred, in which one hand was even hidden.
5. We arm chair analysts have had the benefit of watching that replay like 100 times. The whole thing happened in split second and referee’s was also made in similar manner. This is why I think FIFA should go beyond Goal Line Technology and introduce overall TV replays such that each team could be given a maximum of 2 calls per game at the discretion of the coaches on contentious decisions.
6. Even despite the replays, I’ll still give the penalty. Don’t put your 2 hands on another players shoulder. Simple. Football is contact sport but the contact allowed doesn’t go beyond shoulder barging or contact made by the overall surface area of the body. Hands aren’t allowed to reach out. Did Kaita make contact against the Greek player before he was red carded in 2010?
7. Croatians are crying foul, using words like ‘scandalous’, ‘embarrassing’...that there are debates all over the world that have divided fans suggests that their reaction is just ballistic. Controversial, yes but all the vocabulary is just for PR. The Croatian manager also suggested that Fred at 85kg couldn’t have gone down just like that. For crying loud, this is just mere speculations.
8. What is actually scandalous or embarrassing is Pletikosa’s goalkeeping that gifted Brazil 2 other goals. I hereby move a motion that his name should be changed to Plentigolaso.......Yes, the ayes have it.
9. Even though Fred went down easily, what he did is what crafty players will do under the circumstance. I will blame Emmanuel Emenike if he doesn’t go down under such challenge.
10. Since FIFA also give extracurricular instructions to referees before tournaments like the World Cup, most times giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker in order to preserve attacking football, other defenders, most especially Naija defenders, can take a lot from this saga and mind what they do with their hands in the penalty area.

It was a foul, but so is all the time when defenders bear hug players during set-pieces, free kicks and so on.
In short, it was a very cheap penalty for the referee to call in such a tight match. You should reserve your penalties for real fouls.

As such, I can understand the noise coming from Croatia.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

And the This Year's Winner for Best Actor...

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

charlie wrote:
anointed wrote:MY TAKE ON THE CONTROVERSIAL PENALTY AGAINST CROATIA

It was a foul, but so is all the time when defenders bear hug players during set-pieces, free kicks and so on.
In short, it was a very cheap penalty for the referee to call in such a tight match. You should reserve your penalties for real fouls.

As such, I can understand the noise coming from Croatia.
It was a cheap penalty quite alright but it was a penalty all the same. Any decision made by the referee on that incident would have been correct. It was a penalty cos Lovren reached out with his hands and it wasn't penalty cos Fred went down too easily. So it was all down to the refereee's decision who didn't have the benefit of watching replays like we did. In the 2010 WC, you will remember that Howard Webb didn't punish De Jong's Kung fu kick on who we that again and he was applauded for not doing so but had he issued a red card, it would have been a perfect decision.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe