[GRP D] ENG 1 VS ITALIA 2 (FT) Sturridge, Marchisio, BALO

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: ENGLAND 1 VS ITALIA 2 (FT) Sturridge, Marchisio, BALO

Post by juventuss »

Italy completed over 90% of their passes
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Italy pace dem sefs...

No allow heat/humidity kill dem...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ENGLAND 1 VS ITALIA 2 (2H) Sturridge, Marchisio, BALO

Post by platinum »

juventuss wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
juventuss wrote:Hart was a statue here

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/0BBC09 ... 5aY32h4YMW
Which kin statute, you no see the guy moving in the opposite direction. How person stand for one spot, use ball crossover goalkeeper? :shock: :shock:
The Hart almost broke his ankle there. So effortless
crazy freekick there. real ankle breaker
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

platinum wrote:england need to quit being sterile with possession.
They have little choice if Italy decide to park two pizza trucks in front of their penalty box: they need to pass the ball around in search of an opening. This is why I smile when English commentators accuse Barca of sterile possession when the opponent parks two buses...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ENGLAND VS ITALIA (FIRST HALF)

Post by AreaDaddy »

AreaDaddy wrote:Abeg Italy do the necessary...

Signed
ABEG (Anyone But England Group).
We can now begin preparations for our Summer Party as long as Uruguay and Costa Rica no fall our hand

Una do well Ballotelli, Pirlo your Guest of Honour IVs are on the way :-)
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

too much reshuffling of the formation by hodgson.
Rooney must have played 5 different positions in the space of 90 minutes
Tbh they looked their most potent under the starting formation with wellbeck on the right but it came with a fatal flaw (which uruguay wouldve picked up on)
hodgson has to rethink the strategy before the next game. starting 3 centre forwards will always leave the team exposed at the back
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Who was that again talking about defense doesnt win games :)
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

platinum wrote:
goke313 wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image

funniest of the night
:laugh: :laugh:

watch'em blame it on the ball
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Vincent. wrote:
platinum wrote:england need to quit being sterile with possession.
They have little choice if Italy decide to park two pizza trucks in front of their penalty box: they need to pass the ball around in search of an opening. This is why I smile when English commentators accuse Barca of sterile possession when the opponent parks two buses...

How you go disrespect your own team like that?!!!! Did England use their possession anything close to barca today???!!! Barca dont just possess the ball, they probe constantly, england was passing aimlessly waiting for creaks in italy's defense then sending in those wayward crosses.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I hope Naija practiced set pieces just like the first Italian goal....I know I am dreaming.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Jeez. That was epic whining by Macca. ESPN should not put Englishmen such as Macca who are clearly unable to control their emotions in charge of England games. Great game overalll though with Pirlo showing his array of game orchestrating skills
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

goke313 wrote:[/video]

that freekick na winsh, the full work of the deepest bini 'airforce'. Goodness gracious, that ball bent AFTER keeper don move. Mind you Hart was actually patient and saved his movement till last second YET the ball traveled and bent only AFTER he moved.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Riche007 wrote:I hope Naija practiced set pieces just like the first Italian goal....I know I am dreaming.
:D keep dreaming
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:Jeez. That was epic whining by Macca. ESPN should not put Englishmen such as Macca who are clearly unable to control their emotions in charge of England games. Great game overalll though with Pirlo showing his array of game orchestrating skills

I don't understand why Roy is so stubborn regarding pirlo, you'd have thought he'd have learnt something after wetin the guy do them for euro2012... I guess he felt why risk harrying him when u dont have someone good enough to do a decent job of it. the italian genio had all day today...watch for pirlo to balotelli from deep during this cup
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Honest.. pls let's talk about this.. how'd he get that curve on the ball? That doesn't seem natural, how'd he strike it?
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

platinum wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Jeez. That was epic whining by Macca. ESPN should not put Englishmen such as Macca who are clearly unable to control their emotions in charge of England games. Great game overalll though with Pirlo showing his array of game orchestrating skills

I don't understand why Roy is so stubborn regarding pirlo, you'd have thought he'd have learnt something after wetin the guy do them for euro2012... I guess he felt why risk harrying him when u dont have someone good enough to do a decent job of it. the italian genio had all day today...watch for pirlo to balotelli from deep during this cup
Dem no learn. That naa wetin we go call being naive.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

platinum wrote:
goke313 wrote:[/video]

that freekick na winsh, the full work of the deepest bini 'airforce'. Goodness gracious, that ball bent AFTER keeper don move. Mind you Hart was actually patient and saved his movement till last second YET the ball traveled and bent only AFTER he moved.

Man the guy must be an ballistics expert..... with the way he controlled trajectory of that ball...
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

ElHadary wrote:
Honest.. pls let's talk about this.. how'd he get that curve on the ball? That doesn't seem natural, how'd he strike it?
Outside foot just hitting the ball at the outside left. Short follow through. Ball goes straight for a second and then the curve makes it dip like a valley. Read his book and he goes into details about how he learnt how to take freekicks

FORZA JUVE
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

juventuss wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
Outside foot just hitting the ball at the outside left. Short follow through. Ball goes straight for a second and then the curve makes it dip like a valley. Read his book and he goes into details about how he learnt how to take freekicks

Yep, switched his technique by watching juninho pernambucano from his lyon days....i remember juninho and kallstrom back in those days when lyon was bossing ligue 1, giving them freekicks was like penalties
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

1. Another great performance by Pirlo. Despite the fact that England made special plans to contain him, he still managed to create space for himself without sweating too much.

2. What I kike about Italy under their current coach is their ability to play numerous tactical formations depending on the game situation: from patient attacks to counter-attacks to parking the bus to set-pieces - they do everything well. That is something Barca and Spain can learn from them.

3. England tried their best and created enough chances to get a draw. They gambled on speed but they were drained toward the end. They should probably have varied their approach to let the ball do some of the running, thus allowing themselves time to rest during the game...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009