[GRP G] GHA 1 V USA 2 (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

galoise
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP G] GHA 1 V USA 2 (FT)

Post by galoise »

Choiiii so 2 afriqui sides loss o concacaf teams for wc... Choi de don die we ohhhhh
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

This isn't looking good for African footie.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
hestonap
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP G] GHA 1 V USA 2 (2H)

Post by hestonap »

goke313 wrote:
hestonap wrote:
Cellular wrote:
tunde72 wrote:Seriously Ghana should hold their head up high
Natives!

Hold their head up high getting beat? :veryangry: :curse: :curse:
Cellular, they prefer moral boosting losses.

Was Nigeria poor today....absolutely, but we are still in a better position than Bosniaand Ghana and Portugal and Spain and etc at this point in time.

Football at the end of the day is all about results.....I will rather get a result anyway playing ugly than fanciful runs with nothing to show for it.

For all those having a go at Nigeria...remember if this was a high profile team, then we will be hearing stories of how Italy have always been slow starters etc.

I am not saying our performance was anything to write about, but at the end of day 1 of matches...we are still in a better position than many sides and still have our fate in our hands.

Until the fat lady sings i wont giving up on the Eagles...we will qualify out of that group.....next up Bosnia....bring it on.

Explain how were in a better position than Bosnia....yea they maybe -1 on GD....they can make that up by beating up on the group minnow (Iran)...which is what everyone in the group is suppose to do.
Nigeria has a point while Bosnia has none at this stage.

If and its an if we win, they are out. They have a much narrower margin of error compared to us.

I do not underestimate them neither do I fear them.

We can only play what is put in front of us, if we lose, then we prove we dont deserve to be at this level.

Until then, its all to play for and I am not one to give up before a game is played.

Again, I readily admit we played poorly today, but hey Bulgaria lost 3-0 against Nigeria in 1994 and who got to the semis?

It is all to play for, I maintain our fate remains in our hands and at this point in time 3 points would have been great, yes we have just 1 point, but ti is still better than having no points la Bosnia.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Kneedeep wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Natives!

They can hold their heads up high because they gave a good account of themselves and they were not disgraced :sleep:
Dude, no one cares where you hold your head. This is a point scoring system and the objective is to either win or managed a draw!
Ol boy you neva hia dat cliche bifor :lol:
O boy leave tori. That na consolation . Ghana lost. End of story !
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Diaris God oooo. On a brighter side, let us dedicate this victory to our US-born children :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Kai, my Ghanaian friend is making me laff crying on text messages...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

hestonap wrote:
goke313 wrote:
hestonap wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Natives!

Was Nigeria poor today....absolutely, but we are still in a better position than Bosniaand Ghana and Portugal and Spain and etc at this point in time.

Football at the end of the day is all about results.....I will rather get a result anyway playing ugly than fanciful runs with nothing to show for it.

For all those having a go at Nigeria...remember if this was a high profile team, then we will be hearing stories of how Italy have always been slow starters etc.

I am not saying our performance was anything to write about, but at the end of day 1 of matches...we are still in a better position than many sides and still have our fate in our hands.

Until the fat lady sings i wont giving up on the Eagles...we will qualify out of that group.....next up Bosnia....bring it on.

Explain how were in a better position than Bosnia....yea they maybe -1 on GD....they can make that up by beating up on the group minnow (Iran)...which is what everyone in the group is suppose to do.
Nigeria has a point while Bosnia has none at this stage.

If and its an if we win, they are out. They have a much narrower margin of error compared to us.

I do not underestimate them neither do I fear them.

We can only play what is put in front of us, if we lose, then we prove we dont deserve to be at this level.

Until then, its all to play for and I am not one to give up before a game is played.

Again, I readily admit we played poorly today, but hey Bulgaria lost 3-0 against Nigeria in 1994 and who got to the semis?

It is all to play for, I maintain our fate remains in our hands and at this point in time 3 points would have been great, yes we have just 1 point, but ti is still better than having no points la Bosnia.

KPOM!!!

I obviously have a lot of Bosnian friends. Trust me, they'd rather be in Nigeria's position right now. Heck, I'd rather Croatia be in Nigeria's position now, as we're -3 in points.

On the other hand...I have my alter ego...the USA!!!

:mrgreen:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

However you slice it, this is a sad day for Africa. We played some of our best soccer thus far, with nothing to show for it. The Black Stars should go watch the match tape and be proud of the way they played most of the second half and be prepared to raise their level in the next two games. Yes, they can still qualify. Didn't someone say that this was the group of death :?: :idea: :!:

Cheers.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

goke313 wrote:
oloye wrote:Two things African coaches shoukd soend the next ten years teaching kids, how to cross the ball and how to defend set pieces, watching african full backs and wingers attempt to do this miserably is painful, tearfully painful.

Agree....but Serge Aurier had 2 assists
along with Blind leads the WC in assists so far
He joined RC Lens as a youth, RC lens's academy is one of the best in Europe.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Na wa o. Kolinzo and Vancity Eagles don become bonafide CE football brains. Mate sef was right all along. Humble pies all over.
-Simpli fy -
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

I dey go change my predictions for the prediction league....wahala dey.

kolinzo, you were right...i won't get into what coulda or shoulda been, but you were right about concacaf. They're not Europe yet but they've moved ahead of africa.
Last edited by platinum on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Remember Oloye's comment about this WC? No SLACKING! Any sme-sme will put you in hot water.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You guys can yarn till the birds come home but I saw a better team lose today.

Don't get it wrong. This is a poor USA team that will be found out very shortly. As for Ghana they should be positive

They have great potential to do well.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

US sef dem be witch. At this rate dem go beat us silly for Ludo, Ten-Ten, Gidigbo, Africa Cup of Nations, etc, etc.
-Simpli fy -
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:Ghana truly deserved a victory in this one
Just out of curiosity how many chances did they create?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

YUJAM wrote:You guys can yarn till the birds come home but I saw a better team lose today.

Don't get it wrong. This is a poor USA team that will be found out very shortly. As for Ghana they should be positive

Nah. The USA sat back after scoring so early and soaked in the pressure but as soon as they needed a goal they were able to get it pretty easily compared to Ghana huffing and puffing for the whole game to get their goal. Ghana is poor at the back and I think if the USA had been more ambitious the margin would have been wider.
Last edited by Orion on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

hestonap wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Natives!

Was Nigeria poor today....absolutely, but we are still in a better position than Bosnia and Ghana and Portugal and Spain and etc at this point in time.

True...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:You guys can yarn till the birds come home but I saw a better team lose today.

My brother, the USA know they're limited but they do enough to make life tough. They had all kinds of space behind their fullbacks and with better crossing maybe ghana would have had something from this BUT the baseline is simple, the Yanks won and that's all you can ask. Despite all the space, wetin ghana do with am?

Ghana will have to win against portugal and take points from germany....that potential is mighty slim.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

How can you say that with a straight face?

US gave Ghana what they wanted to give Ghana... This US team won because they are a good team. Give them credit.

Ghana lost to a good team... no shame in that.

We Africans should learn to give people credit...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

A very painful lose for Ghana. They pressured and pressured. Gyan Asamoah is not a player.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

I warned you guys about Gyan. He needs 20 chances to score 1 goal.
-Simpli fy -
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kawawa wrote:When US beat us last week folks said how Ghana was going to crush them. Now US beats them and folks say if Ghana played Iran it would have been 4-0. Folks you play the team in front of you!
Don't mind them.