[GRP F] ARG 1 {Messi} V IRN 0 (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 {Messi} V IRN 0 (FT)

Post by wale1974 »

Not one single hopeless long ball :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Difference between good players and average players.
We need to stop blaming the coach, most of our players are average at best. Even the ones that didn't make the team.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Ok Naija, let's see what we can do in the next match before thinking of the Argies.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 V IRN 0 (2H)

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:Said it again, nigeria should have beaten iran!!!!
Oh hush it....

It takes a special play by the best player in the world and we should have beaten Iran?

Delusional natives...
It's not about the best players, it's about teams.

You natives sha! :lol:
Laff at yourself...

Messi, the best player in the world beats Iran in injury time and you are opening your mouth?

Sorry, I forgot you are TheYeyeman... carry on! :arrow: :arrow:
It's not about the best players, it's about the team - according to you. And our team couldn't defeat Iran but the best player could.

Your logic sha. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 {Messi} V IRN 0 (2H)

Post by zee »

txj wrote:
charlie wrote:Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.
Nigeria was beyond poor vs Iran

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...
CE no 1 'football dumbo' :lol: and gasbag extraordinaire strikes with his .........buffoonery :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Well played Iran. You played to your strengths. You can hold your head up high.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
African Star wrote:I think Iran has shown the SE how to beat Argentina but can they capitalize?
We can't play like Iran to beat Argentina. We don't have the personnel to execute such.
2nd that, Nigeria are tactically naive and indisciplined to execute anything close to Iranians back line, thats a total team effort, something lacking in the super eagles, wish them good luck tonight though

You say all this AFTER watching this game? Guy, wetin dey worry you?!!!!!!

It wasn't a good game for us but if you cant see that the opponent more than made sure iof that then go watch field hockey. WETIIIIIN?!!!!
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
txj wrote:
charlie wrote:Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...
pssstttt, we need some straws to clutch onto :lol:
Iran had nothing to do with it?

Both Naijaria and Argentina played poorly against them because both teams were bribed or fixed the match?

The difference is that Argentina had Messi...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

One thing is certain, this argentine team look ready to be taken if we get our attacking strategy right
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marko wrote:Nigeria were hopeless, thats why they got a draw, yes Iranians parked the bus but it is always individual talent that wins the game, something i expected Emenike to do against the run of play
Against which run of play when they barely held the ball in our half to the point where Vincent had absolutely nothing to do the whole game (during run of play)? We had ZERO offsides just to tell u how deep they played for 90.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Full Time.

So are we all happy now? :taunt:

1. Best result for Nigeria, despite everything.

2. Iran hold the 'mighty' Argentina for 91 minutes before succumbing to a moment of individual brilliance by Messi, proving a major point that they are a decent, strategic side not to be pushed over by anybody, not least the Nigerians.

3. Those that insist Nigeria is 'crap' can always point to the fact that, after all, Argentina 'THRASHED' Iran by 1-0.

Effribody clap for yasef! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

The thing is Iranians had less open chances in our game. Must suggest that either the Argentina coach intentionally allowed Iranians opportunity to push forward in order to counter.. or that our defence is far better than Argentina's. I doubt if Queirios wanted Iran to counter more unless he saw this weakness as well.
Last edited by soothsayer on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

oloye wrote:One thing is certain, this argentine team look ready to be taken if we get our attacking strategy right
:dream:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

marko wrote:Nigeria were hopeless, thats why they got a draw, yes Iranians parked the bus but it is always individual talent that wins the game, something i expected Emenike to do against the run of play
Iran stood up to us and outplayed Argentina, how can we be hopeless getting a draw against a team like this.
They were comfortable all game as well.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Very poor from Argentina coach, Sabella

But he did know how a Carlos Quieroz team would play?

No? :roll:

Again everybody and their grandma knew how Iran would play from a year ago!

He Sabella did some things right, but far more wrong, esp given the talent at his disposal!

Why is it so hard to concede we were poor against Iran; that Keshi was poor in that game?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

100%Naija wrote:
oloye wrote:One thing is certain, this argentine team look ready to be taken if we get our attacking strategy right
:dream:
i go put my fingers inside those ya eyes if you dont explain yaself.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:Full Time.

So are we all happy now? :taunt:

1. Best rest for Nigeria, despite everything.

2. Iran hold the 'mighty' Argentina for 91 minutes before succumbing to a moment of individual brilliance by Messi, proving a major point that they are a decent, strategic side not to be pushed over by anybody, not least the Nigerians.

3. Those that insist Nigeria is 'crap' can always point to the fact that, after all, Argentina 'THRASHED' Iran by 1-0.

Effribody clap for yasef! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nigeria is not crap, they just played crap against Iran. We hope they don't serve us the same crap tonight.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

After having the opportunity and luxury to watch our game against their next opponent Iran, Argentina should have won this game by big goal margin at first half but they have to rely on Messi at extra time to beat Iran. Anyway sha, diaris God o!
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Messi showed up, thats what world class players do, they keep trying knowing they have the talent to make the difference, typical messi goal, he tried that move against Enyeama in 2010, Enyeama just kept catching it, sorry for all Iranians play, thank goodness positive football won the day, argentina won and rightly so purely on effort
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
Against which run of play when they barely held the ball in our half to the point where Vincent had absolutely nothing to do the whole game (during run of play)? We had ZERO offsides just to tell u how deep they played for 90.
Marko is talking crap as usual.
Against run of which play is he misyarning about? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The Ref :lol: :lol: :lol: was the 'man of the match' :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: for Argentina.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
txj wrote:

pssstttt, we need some straws to clutch onto :lol:
Iran had nothing to do with it?

Both Naijaria and Argentina played poorly against them because both teams were bribed or fixed the match?

The difference is that Argentina had Messi...

The difference is they did enough to win the game, well b/4 the 91st minute!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:

They couldnt attack due to the same way Keshi set up his team. Had they tried it, we'd have caught them on the counter.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 V IRN 0 (2H)

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:Said it again, nigeria should have beaten iran!!!!
Oh hush it....

It takes a special play by the best player in the world and we should have beaten Iran?

Delusional natives...
It's not about the best players, it's about teams.

You natives sha! :lol:
Laff at yourself...

Messi, the best player in the world beats Iran in injury time and you are opening your mouth?

Sorry, I forgot you are TheYeyeman... carry on! :arrow: :arrow:
It's not about the best players, it's about the team - according to you. And our team couldn't defeat Iran but the best player could.

Your logic sha. :lol:
Engaging in Yeyerism yet again... the TEAM gave Iran a fighting chance against Argentina.

It took a non PK call and the extraordinary display by the best player in the world to beat them in injury time... yet you spout your rubbish...

It took a Messi...

I know we have players comparable to Messi...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!