[GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Post by green4life »

ElHadary wrote:Portugal will have a healthier squad vs Ghana right?
Ghana is healthier and really should be able to take Portugal apart. They should pray for a Germany win or they are out.
Last edited by green4life on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP G] USA 2 {Jones, Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani, Varela} F

Post by oloye »

kalamashaka wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:So are we going to hear how "naive" the US were and all that nonsense they'd be saying if this were an African team we were talking about?
As you can see people have been pointing the naivety of the Americans losing the ball carelessly with zero seconds to go is naivety spelt with capital letters.
I meant from the pundits and assorted experts in the media...still watching the post game analysis and the "n" word hasn't been mentioned yet
Depends on the media and who controls it, here in Europe the word naive is also used for American teams.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

goke313 wrote:Image

yeye Aunt Jemima
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oloye wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:if there is no 'ojoro-Dolphins' act of mago mago in the US versus Germany match, then Ghana will make it by God's grace.
A boss and his former assistant, two teams who have nothing to play for with qualification on hand, Germany leads the group with a draw, USA qualifies with a draw, the temptation to play a friendly match is too appealing.
Amen........IJN :thumb:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

King Futcha wrote:
kolinzo wrote:This feels like last year's NBA finals where Spurs had the game in game six but gave it away to Heats. Spurs couldn't come back from that heart breaking loss! And I was depressed for the two days before game 7. I am honestly depressed!! Just don't know what to say. It also feels like Olympic 2008 where the USA had the game against Holland only to give it away on a free kick and Hollland tied the game. The team never recovered as they lost to Nigeria. This is stupid. American Outlaws should start packing their bags because it will take a miracle to even get a draw against Germany!!

Gutted!! Depressed!!! SMHBT!!
you're right for once, its over Ghana is going to destroy Portugal
No. USA is going through.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

green4life wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Hate to point finger, but Bradley should have kept the ball and Gonzalez should have stopped Varela from heading that ball. Gonzalez is 6'5" for God sake :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
What was Bradley doing there? I still don't understand. USA had this game & deserved to win (tho I was rooting for Ghana).
I almost smashed my TV
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

juventuss wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
kolinzo wrote:This feels like last year's NBA finals where Spurs had the game in game six but gave it away to Heats. Spurs couldn't come back from that heart breaking loss! And I was depressed for the two days before game 7. I am honestly depressed!! Just don't know what to say. It also feels like Olympic 2008 where the USA had the game against Holland only to give it away on a free kick and Hollland tied the game. The team never recovered as they lost to Nigeria. This is stupid. American Outlaws should start packing their bags because it will take a miracle to even get a draw against Germany!!

No. USA is going through.
going through customs back to the US, yes
Saints baby we did it
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

goke313 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Why are people rooting for Ghana?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Because they hate USA
not @ all...would like USA and Ghana to qualify

we're supporting CAF
I thought the fact that were supporting the African reps was obvious.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

wale1974 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:if there is no 'ojoro-Dolphins' act of mago mago in the US versus Germany match, then Ghana will make it by God's grace.
A boss and his former assistant, two teams who have nothing to play for with qualification on hand, Germany leads the group with a draw, USA qualifies with a draw, the temptation to play a friendly match is too appealing.
Amen........IJN :thumb:

If I am a player on the transfer market.....why play well
If I am a (German) bench player...why not

It would likely be Klinsmann requesting for a draw
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

King Futcha wrote:

Ghana can destroy Portugal all it wants it won't matter if Germany and USA settle for a draw.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

King Futcha wrote:I just saw that Eder was the one who stole the ball from Bradley haha
Bradley was trying to be clever, pass the ball clown.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is a repeat of the Ghana vs USA scenario

There is truly soccer karma
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

mmeny wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

Ghana can destroy Portugal all it wants it won't matter if Germany and USA settle for a draw.
Germany ain't settling for a draw
Saints baby we did it
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Before this game my pan-Africanist sentimentality was running high, but as soon as the game kicked off, I was pushing for the USA all the way. I simply cannot root against my own country. I think it's something hardwired in me.

That said, this is a pretty solid result for the USA and I feel as though a win or draw against Germany is very possible even without any unspoken mutual agreement from Messrs Klinsmann and Loew to play for the tie.

Portugal are a starkly average team. It's unclear whether Ronaldo's presence in the team actually helps or hinders the team. Portugal pretty much play as good as Ronaldo plays, and he was not looking the part today. Some of his performances for Portugal are bordering on shocking. There was no real point in this game where he really threatened the US backline at all, and his biggest contribution was obviously the cross into Varela for the goal. As for Eder, the less said the better. He is literally the worst player that I have seen in this World Cup. I don't even think he is Korean or even Honduran material.

This is why it's called the "group of death"! Anyone is capable of beating anyone.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

won't bother writing about US defeating Germany...due to their GD
If
German defeats US (1-0)
Ghana defeats Portugal (1-0)
pts GD
Germany 7 5
US 4 0
Ghana 4 0
Portugal 1 -5
US qualifies do to H2H

If
German defeats US (1-0)
Ghana defeats Portugal (2-0)
pts GD
Germany 7 5
Ghana 4 1
US 4 0
Portugal 1 -6
Ghana qualifies do to H2H
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

King Futcha wrote:
mmeny wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

This is how I think the game is going to play out... Both USA and Germany know they both qualify for Round 16 with a draw.

USA - JK is going to set up his team not to concede any goals against Germany and will play for a draw.

Germany - JL is going to send out his troops to play exactly the same way they have been playing the only difference is that they won't be playing with the same gusto like they did against Portugal and Ghana. They won't be flying forward to win the game. If they break down USA fine, if they don't no biggie as long as they don't concede first at any point in the game. They won't press the issue. I see a few changes here in the lineup with some players getting a rest and only coming in if they trailing the game.

KICKER: Germany still qualifies even if they lose 1-0 to USA and either of Portugal or Ghana win by 1-0 based on their superior goal difference.

VERDICT: USA vs Germany has draw written all over it. The game only gets interesting when either team is trailing.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

kalamashaka wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:So are we going to hear how "naive" the US were and all that nonsense they'd be saying if this were an African team we were talking about?
As you can see people have been pointing the naivety of the Americans losing the ball carelessly with zero seconds to go is naivety spelt with capital letters.
I meant from the pundits and assorted experts in the media...still watching the post game analysis and the "n" word hasn't been mentioned yet
May be u should watch ESPN :roll: :roll: :roll:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mmeny wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
oloye wrote:
You really expect them to say Bradley was naive... :tic: Honestly it makes sense talking more about CR7 cross than Bradley losing the ball
Alan Smith did
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

This match was really entertaining. After looking at all the scenarios I am certain Portugal is pretty much done. However, while I expect Germany to beat the US, I am not sure Ghana can beat Portugal. Even a 1-0 Ghana win would see them finish 3rd. The US is not the most technically gifted team but they are organized. athletic and dare I say, entertaining to watch. They go forward with conviction and dont bore us to death with 500 consecutive passes. Klinsman deserves credit for his work this far.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Bradley self....as soon as he casually lost the ball and started jogging like Mikel, I knew trouble was brewing.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

goke313 wrote:Image
Look at my boy Omar Gonzalez :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
stargazer
Egg
Egg

Post by stargazer »

Heliopolis wrote:This match was really entertaining. After looking at all the scenarios I am certain Portugal is pretty much done. However, while I expect Germany to beat the US, I am not sure Ghana can beat Portugal. Even a 1-0 Ghana win would see them finish 3rd. The US is not the most technically gifted team but they are organized. athletic and dare I say, entertaining to watch. They go forward with conviction and dont bore us to death with 500 consecutive passes. Klinsman deserves credit for his work this far.
Wonderfully coached team. Well drilled. Physically in top shape.
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

King Futcha wrote:
mmeny wrote:
King Futcha wrote:

They've done it before in 1982 with Austria to eliminate Al Jazair.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3