Europe Laughing Thread

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Europe Laughing Thread

Post by Tbite »

I no sabi wetin be the koko...wether na heat humidity or humiliation...but I don lose count of European teams wey don pafuka..

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Ol Boy.......This one na serious something.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Europe Laughing Thread

Post by Ekorian »

Is Europe a country? Will you take offense in someone opening an Africa laughing thread?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

yes i would laugh at europe. they are being biatchslapped up and down!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ok, in the spirit of Suarez, I'll bite and take the bait and defend Europe here.

:mrgreen:

European teams like Croatia, England, & Spain got properly flogged. No excuses. Not even the weather.

But look at Europe's other tier 1 teams. Italy unjustly got sent home. Give credit where it's due here.

Germany, France, Holland, and even Belgium aren't going to be easy to beat.

Who's going to knock them off? Brazil? Argentina? Perhaps Uruguay could, but now they don't have Suarez.

Much as I root for North American and African teams, I don't think that they can still win a WC...although the plot is thickening.

Cheers, Mate <--- Having a Count Dracula moment.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ekorian wrote:Is Europe a country? Will you take offense in someone opening an Africa laughing thread?
Yes I will take offence of course! I am African not European! Why should I give a F** about their fortunes.

I dey laugh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guys like Sneijder were insulting Africa and were saying that the World Cup should be a Euro Zone contest...now they are not really justifying their immense allocations! After this tournament, I say they should lose 1 spot. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mate wrote:Ok, in the spirit of Suarez, I'll bite and take the bait and defend Europe here.

European teams like Croatia, England, & Spain got properly flogged. No excuses. Not even the weather.

But look at EuroEuropee's other tier 1 teams. Italy unjustly got sent home. Give credit where it's due here.

Who's going to knock them off? Brazil? Argentina? Perhaps Uruguay could, but now they don't have Suarez.

Much as I root for North American and African teams, I don't think that they can still win a WC...although the plot is thickening.

Europe will ALWAYS have a handful of top performers obviously...however the question is......are the current allocations really justified. You cannot say that Netherlands or Germany shoulder the fortunes of the entire bloc....there ARE a lot of allocations here! The greatest of any confederation! So really when a lot of European countries do not perform, there must be accountability.

It is different with Africa...we have 5 slots...if Ghana or Nigeria do well...we can say...we are mostly doing well...you cannot say the same for Europe.....There is too much failure, the fail rate is just too high! Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, England, Spain...........it is too high! abeg FIFA reduce those allocations. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

In danger are also Switzerland, Greece, Russia and Portugal! It does not look good at all!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

We are just not seeing a justification for the number of teams Europe has at the tournament...If we remove the top 6 or so teams, would you bet your house on a European minnow beating one from Concacaaf or Africa?
IS Greece for example better than Panama? Would england beat Cape Verde or Burkina Faso?

The fair thing for FIFA to do is to reduce Europe's guaranteed spots to something like 8, then have an intercontinental playoff for the remaining 4..btw I am ok with FIFA reducing Africa's guaranteed spots to 4 and adding the one spot to the playoff pool..

mate wrote:Ok, in the spirit of Suarez, I'll bite and take the bait and defend Europe here.

But look at Europe's other tier 1 teams. Italy unjustly got sent home. Give credit where it's due here.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tbite wrote:

But look at EuroEuropee's other tier 1 teams. Italy unjustly got sent home. Give credit where it's due here.

Europe will ALWAYS have a handful of top performers obviously...however the question is......are the current allocations really justified. You cannot say that Netherlands or Germany shoulder the fortunes of the entire bloc....there ARE a lot of allocations here! The greatest of any confederation! So really when a lot of European countries do not perform, there must be accountability.

It is different with Africa...we have 5 slots...if Ghana or Nigeria do well...we can say...we are mostly doing well...you cannot say the same for Europe.....There is too much failure, the fail rate is just too high! Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, England, Spain...........it is too high! abeg FIFA reduce those allocations. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

In danger are also Switzerland, Greece, Russia and Portugal! It does not look good at all!

I agree about allocations. I said before that Europe should lose 2 and give 1 each to Africa and Asia. On the sheer basis of fairer geographic representation.

In time, Asia and Africa should get more. But it has to be earned.
It is different with Africa...we have 5 slots...if Ghana or Nigeria do well...we can say...we are mostly doing well...you cannot say the same for Europe.....
Then earn it. You condemn Croatia, but ignore that we beat Cameroon. We also got shafted by the officials, not that this is an excuse. As did Italy.

Also, you have to adjust slots over time, not on the basis of 1 WC. Imagine Europe clamored for more slots in 1994 or the last WC?

And why are you counting out Switzerland, Russia and Portugal? Mind you, on account of the US, I am finally rooting for Portugal to tie Ghana and for Ghana to tie Portugal...equal love for Africa and Europe there...all for the love of the USA!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers, Mate
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

nanijoe wrote:We are just not seeing a justification for the number of teams Europe has at the tournament...If we remove the top 6 or so teams, would you bet your house on a European minnow beating one from Concacaaf or Africa?
IS Greece for example better than Panama? Would england beat Cape Verde or Burkina Faso?

The fair thing for FIFA to do is to reduce Europe's guaranteed spots to something like 8, then have an intercontinental playoff for the remaining 4..btw I am ok with FIFA reducing Africa's guaranteed spots to 4 and adding the one spot to the playoff pool..

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Hoooooyiiiiiiii! Dis man you wicked o o o o o o o ! But dis your yabis of Ingerlund come dey sweet me one kind. :D
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I agree that it should not be based on WC.....but at least I have started my campaign!

It is not 1 week before an election, that you starting pulling for votes. :taunt: :taunt:

If we want those allocations, we should start the campaign now! No hard feelings mate, this is not personal! Croatia were hard done by and I truly do feel your pain! I wish them all the best truly!

I am just doing a little bit of politics here and you know what they say....there are no friends in............

[/video]
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tbite wrote:I agree that it should not be based on WC.....but at least I have started my campaign!

It is not 1 week before an election, that you starting pulling for votes. :taunt: :taunt:

If we want those allocations, we should start the campaign now! No hard feelings mate, this is not personal! Croatia were hard done by and I truly do feel your pain! I wish them all the best truly!

I am just doing a little bit of politics here and you know what they say....there are no friends in............

[/video]

Make that 3 slots from Europe.

1 for Africa.

1 for Asia.

1 for CONCACAF!!!

Cheers, Mate
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I told a football and perhaps Geography novice that Cameroon is in the Carribean. Africa spots should be dropped to three until we gets our acts together. We continue to embezzle the funds allocated for football and expects miracle every four years. you guys can cry all you want but Europe won three of the last four World Cups and three of the last four finalists were European countries...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

No vex..I meant no disrespect to Cape Verde or Burkina Faso :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ohsee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:We are just not seeing a justification for the number of teams Europe has at the tournament...If we remove the top 6 or so teams, would you bet your house on a European minnow beating one from Concacaaf or Africa?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Hoooooyiiiiiiii! Dis man you wicked o o o o o o o ! But dis your yabis of Ingerlund come dey sweet me one kind. :D
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Should we really be laughing at Europe.. considering that lowly Greece has just qualified over Ivory coast..
And we still unsure how many african teams will make it out of group yet..
We have two African teams playing Europeans this week to guarantee qualification.. maybe we should not jump the gun.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

soothsayer wrote:Should we really be laughing at Europe.. considering that lowly Greece has just qualified over Ivory coast..
We have two African teams playing Europeans this week to guarantee qualification.. maybe we should not jump the gun.

we may as well make this Europe & Africa laffing thread. Cameroon and CIV are out....Naija and Ghana are balancing...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

soothsayer wrote:Should we really be laughing at Europe.. considering that lowly Greece has just qualified over Ivory coast..
Really..........You want to rub it in my face.....really....it makes you feel good! Really? Seriously?

You scored a cheap point..and then what? Your continent just took a beating and this is the first thing that comes to your mind!

I have said it before that anybody that laughs at Africa is a moron! This is our fight......We fight as one, we suffer as one, we succeed as one! No laughing threads for African teams! Solidarity!

Solidariedade
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tbite wrote:
Really..........You want to rub it in my face.....really....it makes you feel good! Really? Seriously?

You scored a cheap point..and then what? Your continent just took a beating and this is the first thing that comes to your mind!

I have said it before that anybody that laughs at Africa is a moron! This is our fight......We fight as one, we suffer as one, we succeed as one! No laughing threads for African teams! Solidarity!

Solidariedade

You have to find the humor in these things. I'm actually laughing about Croatia. And Spain. I was born in Europe, but so what?

It's all good. I lick my wounds and then still enjoy the spectacle. Good football is good football, no matter who plays it.

:)

Cheers, Mate