[GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (FT)

Post by oloye »

Where is my pain killers...am off to bed...it was a bad judgment believing these guys would do it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] GRE 1 V CIV 0 (HT)

Post by wale1974 »

green4life wrote:CIV got facked over. Africa gets screwed again. Nothing new.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My paddy u can't be serious
How many times did Greece hit the post?
The Ivorians didn't even protest the PK call self.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oloye wrote:Where is my pain killers...am off to bed...it was a bad judgment believing these guys would do it.
See why i know wan jump for joy when they scored, too many i sabi play like messi on that team.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Aswani wrote:
REDSPYDA wrote:We can blame the coach all we want its on the players.. WTF was Tiote doing. Look at the goals against Colombia. How is Jaime Rodriguez outjumping Didier Drogba? Look at the first goal against colombia again. Slopiness in the midfield. Thats not on the coach. I mean guys not using their F'n heads. I will blame the coach where it needs to go. but lets look at the goals bros individual errors.
For this game, Coach Lamouchi handed in a team sheet that included S Kalou and 'Wetin be im correct name sef' Gervinho knowing fully well what they were (in)capable of.

He sabotaged his own team from the off.
If you have Gervinho and Kalou in your team and you cannot use them.....then they should not be there, let me see who should he play Sio
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Orion wrote:
It would not have been given if the team was one of the big boys like Argentina or Brazil. I've seen incidents like that waved away throughout this tourney.
Ref go just wave it off and they willuse the same video evidence to support the decision. I knew the "Penarity" was coming when I saw ref look at his watch at the 60-something mins. I swear, It was as If he was saying "I go award that "penarity" around... minutes."

As I said, when we match them for performance, the ref steps in to give the much needed advantage to nick the win. In order for us to go far in any WC, we will have to be PERFECT, which is almost impossible, Even your Brazil is not playing perfect. The UN, IMF or World Bank rarely favour African countries even when the Africans are doing all the right things. Continue to believe that FIFA and FIFA refrees are not corrupt or partial. BTW, we'll never know the truth about Quartar.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Simpli fy -
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wale1974 wrote:
oloye wrote:Where is my pain killers...am off to bed...it was a bad judgment believing these guys would do it.
See why i know wan jump for joy when they scored, too many i sabi play like messi on that team.
Agh WALE you still dey, ki was thinking about you ojare....me too in fact i prefer they did not equalise, because my bp went up after they equalise, i was afraid they would flatter to deceive...they did.

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

oloye wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Yeah but they are tactically weak
REDSPYDA wrote:We can blame the coach all we want its on the players.. WTF was Tiote doing. Look at the goals against Colombia. How is Jaime Rodriguez outjumping Didier Drogba? Look at the first goal against colombia again. Slopiness in the midfield. Thats not on the coach. I mean guys not using their F'n heads. I will blame the coach where it needs to go. but lets look at the goals bros individual errors.
Was Italy or Spain tactically weak....no amount of tactics can compesate for the willingness to do the right things and the heart to follow it through. Tactics is an over glorified jargons, reserved for players who have first the desire to win and the heart to follow it through.
chief
the coach screwed up
attack is the best form of defense.
team went into a defensive posture. he took of gervinho for sio
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
Was Italy or Spain tactically weak....no amount of tactics can compesate for the willingness to do the right things and the heart to follow it through. Tactics is an over glorified jargons, reserved for players who have first the desire to win and the heart to follow it through.
Dean, they were tactically weak.

During large periods of the game they were playing 3-1-6 variant...

Then the line up did not account for the 2nd half of the game....

Drogba shouldn't have started...

Funny thing is that it is the same lack of tactically awareness that caused them to lose the game against us at the AFCON.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
Dean, they were tactically weak.

During large periods of the game they were playing 3-1-6 variant...

Then the line up did not account for the 2nd half of the game....

Drogba shouldn't have started...

Funny thing is that it is the same lack of tactically awareness that caused them to lose the game against us at the AFCON.
I would accept tactics if they hadn't done this $#% so many times before.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YUJAM wrote:
oloye wrote:
chief
the coach screwed up
attack is the best form of defense.
team went into a defensive posture. he took of gervinho for sio
they were attacking alright buit it was ending up with stupid decisions. the mantra attack is the best form of defence works when you make it count, if you keep attacking and ending up the way they were doing you open yourself up for counter. if you keep attacking and you have 4 players strolling deep in the opponents half you are setting up your team and their fans for heartache. if you have deadly strikers , and intelligent players not retards , as well as players who know how to chase back..then yes the mantra stands.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This Ivorien team was asking to be spanked. Lucky they got away with the scoreline.

a) Allowing the Greeks space in areas
B) Static midfielder
C) Where defense was noticeable at all it was amateurish as to be laughable.
D) Lightweights. Gervinho regardless of his goal was largely a waste of space.
E)I have o say Barry deceived me with those first saves. I couldn't believe fumbling Barry could pull off such saves. However in the end, his weak mentality was evident.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

wale1974 wrote:
Fack! Fack! Shieeeeet! Aghhhhhhhhhhh! What is wrong with thus golden generation of CIV? Ah ah! Shieeeeeeet'
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Kai CIV. I leave you for 15 mins at 1-1 and come back to this?? You couldn't even hold on for the last 15 mins???

Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

we keep blaming the refs but forgot Greece hit the bar twice.
Naija4lyfe
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

By the way, not every team can execute a 'sit back' tactic. CIV only knows how to play one way: attack. This is where I fault lamouchi. His troops aren't any where near tactically disciplined to execute a conservative approach. What u do is play your normal game early and shut it down with 10 odd mins to go. Damn.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

green4life wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Fack! Fack! Shieeeeet! Aghhhhhhhhhhh! What is wrong with thus golden generation of CIV? Ah ah! Shieeeeeeet'
Chairman just support naija and yankee from now on :rotf: :rotf:
That golden generation tag nah curse, remember Figo and Co :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

cchinukw wrote:This Ivorien team was asking to be spanked. Lucky they got away with the scoreline.

a) Allowing the Greeks space in areas
B) Static midfielder
C) Where defense was noticeable at all it was amateurish as to be laughable.
D) Lightweights. Gervinho regardless of his goal was largely a waste of space.
E)I have o say Barry deceived me with those first saves. I couldn't believe fumbling Barry could pull off such saves. However in the end, his weak mentality was evident.

Only Aurier came out to play today, everybody else dey play big man football.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I knew once Soro showed up w his bad karma they were finished
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-di ... ts-postbox
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Orion wrote:
It would not have been given if the team was one of the big boys like Argentina or Brazil. I've seen incidents like that waved away throughout this tourney.
Ref go just wave it off and they willuse the same video evidence to support the decision. I knew the "Penarity" was coming when I saw ref look at his watch at the 60-something mins. I swear, It was as If he was saying "I go award that "penarity" around... minutes."

As I said, when we match them for performance, the ref steps in to give the much needed advantage to nick the win. In order for us to go far in any WC, we will have to be PERFECT, which is almost impossible, Even your Brazil is not playing perfect. The UN, IMF or World Bank rarely favour African countries even when the Africans are doing all the right things. Continue to believe that FIFA and FIFA refrees are not corrupt or partial. BTW, we'll never know the truth about Quartar.
Bros, leave that one for that side, CIV were the architect of their own downfall.
We all saw what Iran did, that is compency and organisation at a level that CIV were never going to attain with Gervinho and Kalou on the team.
How many sensible teams would allow the ref an opportunity to call a pen, dodgy or not, against them so late in the game?
Perfection not needed, just a decent level of competence.
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

SABRI LAMOUCHI JUST QUIT!

there is a GOD, thank you Lord!
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Odas wrote:CIV had already won this game. All they needed to do was to defend with their lives and out of their 18meter box. Damn, what is this?
Bad tactic. Attack is an important part of defence.

But don't attack

if you can't get back.

They needed coordinated attacks and periods of recuperation, dropping deep.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

BTW, huge mistake to hire him in the first place.. Sad

I think FIF should have kept the guy who led you to the ANC final
Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:SABRI LAMOUCHI JUST QUIT!

there is a GOD, thank you Lord!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I, DON'T, BELIEVE, IT!!!!!
Greece beat CIV????????? :ohmy:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "