[GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (FT)

Post by Odas »

I am in pain, the pain is so severe as if the Super Eagles had lost the game. Chei, may we win tomorroooooooooooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Even the commentators were making a comment just before that goal that the Ivorians were just walking back mean while their team is under pressure.
True, I heard the same thing and I saw it my self. I was also saying the same thing to my people here at the sametime the commentators were saying theirs.
They just looked so lazy. Ghana seems to have the right energy to keep going for 90 minutes. Tomorrow will be a good test for SE. Argentina will press us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] GRE 1 V CIV 0 (HT)

Post by Orion »

green4life wrote:CIV got facked over. Africa gets screwed again. Nothing new.
It would not have been given if the team was one of the big boys like Argentina or Brazil. I've seen incidents like that waved away throughout this tourney.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

kolinzo wrote:You guys are hilarious as hell! So you were expecting Ivory Coast to win? Guys, I keep telling you guys to be realistic. CIV is not a good team. It is a team filled with individual talents but not a good team!!

Naija and Algeria are the only two teams that play team ball. Forget what you heard CIV and Cameroon are not good teams. Ghana is filled with immense talents but they too don't know how to translate that into a winning team. Listen to me folks, just listen to me. Africa has lots of work to be done.

I am very pissed at CIV for not proving me wrong! I am pissed at Ghana for not proving me wrong! Forget Cameroon! My only hope is on Algeria and Nigeria! My hope is on the new generation of Naija players. TEAM FUHKING WORK TEAM FHOHKING WORK!!! Why is this so hard!!!!!!!!
That's whats painful about this tournament. CIV, Ghana, Nigeria, and Algeria have enough potential to be legit quarter finalist. but messed it up with boneheaded plays.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Roger Kengele
Egg
Egg

Post by Roger Kengele »

I still can't beleive it! 1 point needed against a poor Greek side, just 1 point...Is CIV cursed or what? Now either Costa-Rica or Greece will be in the 1/4 :atc:
Last edited by Roger Kengele on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...il n'est rien de caché qui ne doive être découvert, rien de secret qui ne doive être mis au jour."
(Marc 4, 22.)
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

AreaDaddy wrote:The penalty

http://www.goal-247.com/FootballVideos/ ... -24.6.2014

Defender Clipped his leg?

Yeah. Sio clipped him. Funny things is that there is a good chance Samaras would have missed.

Hoping Cameroon and CIV do not qualify for the next world cup. They don't have what it takes.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

cchinukw wrote:
mate wrote:Sorry guys.

I can't believe Greece is getting this opportunity.

They actually match well against Costa Rica.

FIFA screwed this one up.

Absolutely undeserved.

Cheers, Mate
How so?

Its a well deserved Greek win.

In this match, I agree. But I'm speaking more from a general groupings perspective. It seems to me that 4 groups are clearly much stronger than the remaining 4.

I find it hard to believe Greece would beat out Italy, Ghana, Portugal, or even Spain for that matter in more balanced groups.

Now Mexico must face Holland. But Greece gets Costa Rica. I guess it is what it is, you play what's before you.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP C] GRE 1 V CIV 1 {Bony} (2H)

Post by kalamashaka »

Godfather wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:That was not a penalty!!! Copa must bring it now!!!
He clipped the player...
Ogbuefi, he clipped nating. The Greek player tripped himself. But the Ivorians only have themselves to blame.
KPOM

That's what I saw, I don't know what these people are talking about but still CIV have themselves to blame.
don't know what you guys are talking about;

Last edited by kalamashaka on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

kolinzo wrote:You guys are hilarious as hell! So you were expecting Ivory Coast to win? Guys, I keep telling you guys to be realistic. CIV is not a good team. It is a team filled with individual talents but not a good team!!

Naija and Algeria are the only two teams that play team ball. Forget what you heard CIV and Cameroon are not good teams. Ghana is filled with immense talents but they too don't know how to translate that into a winning team. Listen to me folks, just listen to me. Africa has lots of work to be done.

I am very pissed at CIV for not proving me wrong! I am pissed at Ghana for not proving me wrong! Forget Cameroon! My only hope is on Algeria and Nigeria! My hope is on the new generation of Naija players. TEAM FUHKING WORK TEAM FHOHKING WORK!!! Why is this so hard!!!!!!!!
I was waiting for you to tell us that Greece played like a CONCACAF team :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Orion wrote:
It would not have been given if the team was one of the big boys like Argentina or Brazil. I've seen incidents like that waved away throughout this tourney.

lets focus on the issue...was it a bone-headed decision by the defender, in addition to the uselessness of kalou and gervinho?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Odas wrote:I am in pain, the pain is so severe as if the Super Eagles had lost the game. Chei, may we win tomorroooooooooooo!
Believe me I am in pain!! I know I tell the truth about CIV but deep inside me I wanted them to win. I wanted to for once have a taste of humble pie. I was on top of my lungs when that penalty was blown. It was a penalty! CIV is just not a trustworthy team. They flatter to deceive!! Mschew 20ce!!!!!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

soma wrote:At this age does it mean african teams still needs coaching on the basics of the game.
Ie pass quicker and move into space
Square the ball to an open man in attacking position for easier chance to score
Don't shoot at goal from an acute angle
In attacking play when middle congested play the pass out wide for a cross.

In defensive play especially when defending leads
Squeeze up and stay compact so it's harder for opposition to play through you.
If opposition are playing a lot of crosses in your box double up on the wings
No diving in when you are under pressure as you can give away set piece in dangerous areas.
Avoid giving away free kicks in dangerous areas..

These are just basics.
It is not about coaching alone, there is mental issue as well, what kind of players stroll around with a few seconds to glory, i was about to complain about the amount of space they were conceeding in the middle....yaya os a bad example and a bad leader, he was just strolling around, geez if you are out of gas then just stand in the middle close the gap in the middle...argggggg :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

it is not about coaching the three goals that knocked them out of this world cup were stupid errors, DIE trying to dribble without seeing his back in the match against Colombia , then the two conceeded today. they sissies have no heart.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Odas wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Even the commentators were making a comment just before that goal that the Ivorians were just walking back mean while their team is under pressure.
True, I heard the same thing and I saw it my self. I was also saying the same thing to my people here at the sametime the commentators were saying theirs.

Because they are tired.. Majority of those guys are in their late thirties. You ask pa Ohsee to run for 2 minutes and see if he won't get tired... :taunt:

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Riversboy
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP C] GRE 1 V CIV 1 {Bony} (2H)

Post by Riversboy »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Riversboy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:That was not a penalty!!! Copa must bring it now!!!
He clipped the player...
No way chief. That Greek Jesus kicked inTo the grass by himself. I saw the damn replay.

RB.m

watch it again...
FIRST, the Greek kicked the turf, THEN the CIV clipped him.
Cellular is correct. I've rewatched three times. CIVer set leg for Jesus while Jesus was cocked back to shoot. He swung, and his foot clipped CIVer's leg before hitting grass.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Orion wrote:
the ref was definitely on their side

but they should have been wise enuff to see that.. and that Sio bobo..
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
soma wrote:At this age does it mean african teams still needs coaching on the basics of the game.

No diving in when you are under pressure as you can give away set piece in dangerous areas.

These are just basics.
It is not about coaching alone, there is mental issue as well, what kind of players stroll around with a few seconds to glory, i was about to complain about the amount of space they were conceeding in the middle....yaya os a bad example and a bad leader, he was just strolling around, geez if you are out of gas then just stand in the middle close the gap in the middle...argggggg :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

it is not about coaching the three goals that knocked them out of this world cup were stupid errors, DIE trying to dribble without seeing his back in the match against Colombia , then the two conceeded today. they sissies have no heart.
ZERO HEART!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

kolinzo wrote:
Odas wrote:I am in pain, the pain is so severe as if the Super Eagles had lost the game. Chei, may we win tomorroooooooooooo!
Believe me I am in pain!! I know I tell the truth about CIV but deep inside me I wanted them to win. I wanted to for once have a taste of humble pie. I was on top of my lungs when that penalty was blown. It was a penalty! CIV is just not a trustworthy team. They flatter to deceive!! Mschew 20ce!!!!!!
You've said it all, sadly, in this post and your previous one.
Golden Degeneration :atc: :atc: :atc: :curse: :curse: :curse:

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (2H)

Post by amafolas »

oloye wrote:
goke313 wrote:
Aswani wrote:By the way folks, this is nothing to do with African mentality, this is down to Tiote's foolishness and Kalou and Gervinho being on the same team on the same pitch. It was never going to work, not in a million years.
that comes down to coaching

who is this guys anyway....inexperienced non-Ivorian coach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sometimes the players just have to take the blame...geez what did the coach do wrong in this match, so he got the selection wrong, but did he coach tiote to make that horrible mistake or did he instruct the lazy Sio to stick out his leg lazily instead of moving his arse to cover that glaring space... these guys are supposed to be playing abroad under some of the best coaches. look at yaya fouling up the air, look at kalou after all these years as a pro he is still as clueless as a sunday pub player, as for gervinho, you stand a higher chance of winning with the slot machine than predicting what he is going to do.
I love Gervinho. He not only confuses the opponents, he confuses his teammates as well. He even confuses himself :scared:
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

These are just basics.

Fundamentals! You just summed what ALL have been unable to LEARN in the WC. Very frustrating. It's not all about brawn, I'm not sure we even have the power sef. The way we easily fall down at the slightest touch.
-Simpli fy -
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I am just going to pretend this match never happened....as my way of dealing with the pain,

This is the last I comment on CIV in this World Cup..

As far as I am concerned, this match never took place.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

the thing is, take your chances and play to win the most easiest way possible (like no impossible angle shooting, passing to an more open team mate). Dont ever leave it to the refs to decide who wins.
Naija4lyfe
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

sinequanon wrote:omg, all the negative energy spewing from these pages. No team needs this kind of "support".
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] GRE 2 V CIV 1 {Bony} (2H)

Post by oloye »

amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:
goke313 wrote:
Aswani wrote:By the way folks, this is nothing to do with African mentality, this is down to Tiote's foolishness and Kalou and Gervinho being on the same team on the same pitch. It was never going to work, not in a million years.
that comes down to coaching

who is this guys anyway....inexperienced non-Ivorian coach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sometimes the players just have to take the blame...geez what did the coach do wrong in this match, so he got the selection wrong, but did he coach tiote to make that horrible mistake or did he instruct the lazy Sio to stick out his leg lazily instead of moving his arse to cover that glaring space... these guys are supposed to be playing abroad under some of the best coaches. look at yaya fouling up the air, look at kalou after all these years as a pro he is still as clueless as a sunday pub player, as for gervinho, you stand a higher chance of winning with the slot machine than predicting what he is going to do.
I love Gervinho. He not only confuses the opponents, he confuses his teammates as well. He even confuses himself :scared:
:D :D :D :D thanks i need something to cheer me up
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho