Norwegian punter cashes in on 175-1 Suarez bite

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Norwegian punter cashes in on 175-1 Suarez bite

Post by Guv007 »

What are the odds? Norwegian punter cashes in on 175-1 Suarez bite bet, making more than £500
Blackpool fan Thomas Syverson placed £3.09 bet at 175/1, winning £540
167 punters placed bet with Betsson, and biggest payout is almost £2,000
Luis Suárez allegedly bit Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay v Italy game
By MARK DUELL
PUBLISHED: 09:15, 25 June 2014 | UPDATED: 10:47, 25 June 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z35egF5Ui5
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Norwegian punter cashes in on 175-1 Suarez bite

Post by Coach »

Chai! What a miss, what a miss.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

I wouldn't be surprise if Suarez was in on the act with Asian syndicate's.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Guv007 wrote:What are the odds? Norwegian punter cashes in on 175-1 Suarez bite bet, making more than £500
Blackpool fan Thomas Syverson placed £3.09 bet at 175/1, winning £540
167 punters placed bet with Betsson, and biggest payout is almost £2,000
Luis Suárez allegedly bit Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay v Italy game
By MARK DUELL
PUBLISHED: 09:15, 25 June 2014 | UPDATED: 10:47, 25 June 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z35egF5Ui5
...if it is allegedly why are they being paid :sneaky:
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

If I was a gambling man, I would have bet on Ameobi scoring at the World Cup. I would win both ways, because loads of Ameobi goals are what I want to see at the World Cup .... and I would make enough money to retire if he scores.

What are the bookmakers' odds on Ameobi scoring against France?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Am I the only one curious about which five matches' scores he got correct?
Rwandan businessman wins Rwf156m in World Cup betting

By BRIAN MUGUME Special Correspondent
Posted Thursday, June 26 2014 at 18:54

Rwandan businessman Jean Claude Gatoya Munyakazi turned a millionaire overnight after winning sports betting jackpot of Rwf156.79 million from Societe de Lotteries Pari Sportifs (LPS) on June 24.

Munyakazi, 34, a resident of Rubavu district bet a paltry Rwf600 for a collective exact score of five matches at the Rubavu town LPS outlet in the ongoing Fifa World Cup to win the largest amount of money in Rwanda's betting history.

Speaking to Rwanda Today, Munyakazi said that he has always had passion of betting and his confidence and patience helped him leap big after two years wagering.

“I have spent two years betting. On that day, I just staked Rwf600 on exact scores for five matches. I relaxed, went back to my business as usual and waited for the matches to end,” said Munyakazi.

“For once after finding my predictions right, what came to my mind was if LPS would pay me this money. However, my worries have been proven wrong. I am very happy because I never thought in my lifetime I would ever get this money.”

“I want to use this money to expand my business but before doing so, a certain percentage will go towards changing lives of vulnerable groups from my community in Rubavu,” added Munyakazi who is a dairy trader.

He was handed a Rwf156,790,000 cheque by Societe de Lotteries Pari Sportifs (LPS) Rwanda officials at its Remera company outlet on Tuesday after the firm verified the win.

The LPS Regional Director Jean Pierre Murama said that Munyakazi’s ticket was deemed perfectly valid before terming this development as a historical moment in Rwanda.

“We have generated millions in governmental taxes and have distributed millions to players since we began, but Munyakazi has amazed us. We are very excited by this opportunity to award him this cheque that will fundamentally change his life,” said Murama.

LPS Rwanda through its sports for Africa product is a licensed and certified sports betting organisation that began operations in Rwanda in January 2012.

Sports4africa offers online and land based fixed odds betting through an official license in Rwanda and other African countries such as Gabon, Zambia, Burundi, Cameroon and Ivory Coast.

The company pays out millions of francs to players across Rwanda daily who place bets on football, basketball, tennis and international events like World Cup and the European leagues.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.