BRAZIL* [1:1] CHILE - D. LUIS, SANCHEZ - PK (3-2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRAZIL [1:1] CHILE - D. LUIS, SANCHEZ - AET

Post by zee »

kolinzo wrote:
zee wrote:
oloye wrote:
zee wrote:
okuns wrote:This cup is Brazil's to lose... That was a scare.
This Brazil is a JUNK team........Holland, Argentina will kill them off.
Argentina will not kill anything off.. In fact they are the one waiting to be killed off. As for Holland will they be able to handle the other South American teams in the competition? The way the Audries ran them ragged has made me to have doubts about them.
Dean check the 'history'.............even very bad Holland and Argentina teams 'deal' with very good Brazillian teams. Now with this wack team, I expect them to win Brazil.
You are smoking the lala.....again!
Dumbo :lol: you want free lectures from the great Zee :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: again?.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

femmyphoto wrote:
juventuss wrote:See Medel crying

Thats a true warrior !!!!!
...short man devil.
He was a monster in the back.
Who needs a 6footer as a central defender.
You need a big big heart players.
And that's Gary Medel :thumb:
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

zee wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
zee wrote:
oloye wrote:
zee wrote:
okuns wrote:This cup is Brazil's to lose... That was a scare.
This Brazil is a JUNK team........Holland, Argentina will kill them off.
Argentina will not kill anything off.. In fact they are the one waiting to be killed off. As for Holland will they be able to handle the other South American teams in the competition? The way the Audries ran them ragged has made me to have doubts about them.
Dean check the 'history'.............even very bad Holland and Argentina teams 'deal' with very good Brazillian teams. Now with this wack team, I expect them to win Brazil.
You are smoking the lala.....again!
Dumbo :lol: you want free lectures from the great Zee :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: again?.

I don't want your jockstrap lectures, dumbzee. Save it for Dumb Putin.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BRAZIL* [1:1] CHILE - D. LUIS, SANCHEZ - PK (3-2)

Post by kolinzo »

zee wrote:
Coach wrote:@Oloye, correct, Argentina will be ying and yang for the remainder of their stay, either brilliant or dreadful. Switzerland will be a better Iran and hopefully, take them out. Brazil need a clobbering, France will do just that, sadly, FIFA has conspired to force one's wallet against one's heart. Hopefully, Naija will pass Les Bleus, if not us, then mek Germany tek am drink garri.

France, Holland and Italy are the toughest Euro-customers for Brazil..........Germany na Brazil wife. :mrgreen:
In south America, it is Argentina and Uruguay.
Stop polluting the site with your daft commentaries, Dumbzee! There is a reason Brazil is good at home. But you won't know that!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Zee, Argentina's coach no be am, see how Lavezzi come carry pyor wata put am for him head.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

We can beat Brazil .. after we take care of France and Germany. chineke :scared: :scared:
visit the village square
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

For 'football dumbo' :mrgreen: Kolinzo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
Free public service from the great Zee :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: .

1974 WC (Brazil as defending champs) lost to Holland in the semis.
1978 WC lost out to Argentina(on GD) after playing 0-0 with them.
1982 WC KOed by Italy
1986 WC KOed by France
1990 WC Koed by Argentina(2nd time)
1998 WC thrashed by France(2nd time)
2006 WC KOed by France (3rd time)
2010 WC KOed by Holland.

Here ends today's lecture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Suarez jersey ironed and ready to go. Perhaps his ghost will kit up with shin guards & hit the pitch today.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@K, if you tink dat one na Chineke, mek you go and watch Coco dey for surf board macheen, chai! Dat one na chin chineke, chin chineke, chin chin charoo! Dia ris God o!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

K wrote:We can beat Brazil .. after we take care of France and Germany. chineke :scared: :scared:
If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

It can be done. Chile has shown us the way. There are no minnows in Football anymore.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Brazil were lucky and they know it, hence the tears
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The slightly better team won. But I was wrong in how I thought Brazil would impose themselves on Chile. The Chileans fought like lions and were defensively disciplined. However, Brazil seemed to do more direct attacking. In the end, Brazil won the penalty kick lottery.

I still don't know about the handball on Hulk. I just can't tell.

Brazil never got into a real rhythm. There's no 1st class midfielder to orchestrate. Brazil are a collection of fit, strong, and disciplined players, but not inspiring. They are grinding their way through so far. But it will be interesting once they meet a tier 1 competitor. As others here have noted, they have struggled against tier 2 teams, certainly not dominating anyone.

It seems to me that Brazil have Neymar offensively and not much else. Neymar is not Messi. Fortunately for Brazil, they are playing at home and ride the crowd. But they are going to have to find some offense.

Cheers, Mate
Last edited by mate on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mate, should they move Hulk centrally, add Will.I.An to the midfield and sacrifice Fred to the God's of Candomble, they'll be a different proposition. Scolari should pay the heaviest price for his misplaced loyalty in that rogue trader.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:@Mate, should they move Hulk centrally, add Will.I.An to the midfield and sacrifice Fred to the God's of Candomble, they'll be a different proposition. Scolari should pay the heaviest price for his misplaced loyalty in that rogue trader.
You must be joking............right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

mate wrote:The slightly better team won. But I was wrong in how I thought Brazil would impose themselves on Chile. The Chileans fought like lions and were defensively disciplined. However, Brazil seemed to do more direct attacking. In the end, Brazil won the penalty kick lottery.

Brazil never got into a real rhythm. There's no 1st class midfielder to orchestrate. Brazil are a collection of fit, strong, and disciplined players, but not inspiring. They are grinding their way through so far. But it will be interesting once they meet a tier 1 competitor. As others here have noted, they have struggled against tier 2 teams, certainly not dominating anyone.

It seems to me that Brazil have Neymar offensively and not much else. Neymar is not Messi. Fortunately for Brazil, they are playing at home and ride the crowd. But they are going to have to find some offense.

Cheers, Mate
What will kill Brasil is lack of striker period.Jo and Fred aint even close to IT...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

zee wrote:
Coach wrote:@Mate, should they move Hulk centrally, add Will.I.An to the midfield and sacrifice Fred to the God's of Candomble, they'll be a different proposition. Scolari should pay the heaviest price for his misplaced loyalty in that rogue trader.
You must be joking............right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mumu for all the lackadaisical play in some parts today Willian will bring some much needed hustle and the ocassional sterling play..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

That actually could work. Hulk had a decent game, aside from the 1 obvious blunder that led to the Chile goal. He wins the ball, can force opportunities, and has decent enough touch. He could be the catalyst that makes the midfield work better and, more importantly, gives Neymar more freedom up front.

I think Brazil is defensively fine. It's still going to take a huge effort from a top team to beat them. However, I think the odds of this happening are better than I initially thought.

There really aren't that many special players on this Brazil team. I knew that before the competition. But it really stands out, now that we're in the thick of the WC. It might cost them once they meet team they can't overpower. Fred? Jo? Willian? Ramires? They're good, but not Neymar class...and Neymar can be stopped.

Will be a very interesting QF. I also think other SA teams don't fear Brazil and will bring it. Moreover, both Colombia and Uruguay are bigger and stronger than Chile.

Cheers, Mate
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

mate wrote:The slightly better team won. But I was wrong in how I thought Brazil would impose themselves on Chile. The Chileans fought like lions and were defensively disciplined. However, Brazil seemed to do more direct attacking. In the end, Brazil won the penalty kick lottery.

Cheers, Mate
I said in the other thread that this is the worst Brazil team they have had since 1990 and you disagreed. This team is utter crap. It is worse than I expected. Their only saving grace is they will not meet a heavyweight until the semi-finals. I will fall into depression if such a pathetic Selecao win the WC.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Zee, put down the protein shake and engage brain, biko. Will.I.An is merely a runner, a decoy, that occupies his marker and frees Oscar to float with less defensive responsibility. Chelsea's so called number 10 has been virtually anonymous, largely because he's being easily picked up. Influential against the No So Merry Wives of Eto'o, he was a bystander today by and large. Wide right he made precious little inroads and left, contributed no more than a monobrow. The problem is the balance, with Neymar left centre, Fred dead centre doing more diddly than Bo, theres no space for Givanildo or Monobrowinho to surge into. The Alves overlap has been poorly used because of this, theres such little movement centrally it borders on blasphemous for a Brazilian side.

...Hulk centrally will naturally drift wide, if not overloading the fullback, then taking his marker with him creating space for Oscar to move into. Will.I.An, those Nsoforian as far as brain be concerned, will offer then running and resolve that will allow Oscar to flourish off the central striker.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:@Zee, put down the protein shake and engage brain, biko. Will.I.An is merely a runner, a decoy, that occupies his marker and frees Oscar to float with less defensive responsibility. Chelsea's so called number 10 has been virtually anonymous, largely because he's being easily picked up. Influential against the No So Merry Wives of Eto'o, he was a bystander today by and large. Wide right he made precious little inroads and left, contributed no more than a monobrow. The problem is the balance, with Neymar left centre, Fred dead centre doing more diddly than Bo, theres no space for Givanildo or Monobrowinho to surge into. The Alves overlap has been poorly used because of this, theres such little movement centrally it borders on blasphemous for a Brazilian side.

...Hulk centrally will naturally drift wide, if not overloading the fullback, then taking his marker with him creating space for Oscar to move into. Will.I.An, those Nsoforian as far as brain be concerned, will offer then running and resolve that will allow Oscar to flourish off the central striker.
Coachito :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: .....you go kill persin with lafta one day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Heliopolis wrote:

Cheers, Mate
I said in the other thread that this is the worst Brazil team they have had since 1990 and you disagreed. This team is utter crap. It is worse than I expected. Their only saving grace is they will not meet a heavyweight until the semi-finals. I will fall into depression if such a pathetic Selecao win the WC.

They are not as strong as I thought. I admit being mistaken. But so should you in calling them utter crap...which they're simply not.

I hear your fears that they might win it all ugly. Not what we expect from Brazil.

Cheers, Mate
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The best team in the tournament is out. What a loss!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Congratulations to COLOMBIA, Asprillia, Valderama, Renee Higuitta.
-Simpli fy -