Mexico 1 vs Holland 2.....coach's naiveness 'kills' Mexico

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: Mexico 1 vs Holland 2.....coach's naiveness 'kills' Mexi

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Really Kolinzo, really? Okay o!
-Simpli fy -
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

If that was a pk against CIV then this most definitely was. Robben is a beast and the most fearful forward at this wc, no defender in the world can stop him one on one. Those blaming Marquezsshould remember what he did to the Spanish defense. He is my player of the tournament so far and today he put Holland on his back and carried them to victory. There are very few players in the world who have that ability, almost every time he touched the ball he was dangerous.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mexico 1 vs Holland 0........Mexico might upset the Oran

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Robben is disgusting. Rewatching the replays on his dive. JJ says Mexico was robbed and I agree.

The onus is not on Robben to avoid contact or not to take advantage of it, ONCE THE DEFENDER ENGAGES THROUGH A TACKLE.

I'm not disgusted at Robben; I am disgusted at the stupidity of a player of Marquez's experience!
Bro, Robben dragged his right foot (not the left) as he dove over Marques. He had gotten by him but was surrounded. The next best option was simulate a foul. That was disgusting. Anyway I'll remember this thread the next time you complain about a player diving :mrgreen:

quick question:

If Marquez had not made that tackle do u think a PK would've been awarded?
Quick question: is every challenge in the box a pk?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:I cannot believe that someone said that Mexico was punching above their weight.
Mexicans can hold their heads high in defeat.
One thing we can ALL agree on is that like Bo, Mexico knows football.
I agree that Mexico knows football. But I want to reiterate that it is BS to say they should hold their heads high or that they tried. Getting to second round is not an achievement for Mexico. They get there all the time. An improvement would have been a quarter final. They are still mentally weak on this stage.

Yes, Hererra ultimately blinked. He succumbed psychologically. He just couldn't believe that Mexico could maintain enough initiative and went bunker. That Dos Santos sub especially was infuriating.

I also acknowledge that Mexico happened to get perhaps 1 of the 2 strongest teams in this tournament. In spite of what seems to me that false penalty at the end, I congratulate Holland. They were cool, disciplined, and patiently took their opportunities.

I actually said at the start that the Dutch would lay back and then press in the final 20 minutes...conserving their energy and trying to tire Mexico...which is how it panned out.

BTW: did you think that was a penalty at the end? I still don't.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

African Star wrote:If that was a pk against CIV then this most definitely was. Robben is a beast and the most fearful forward at this wc, no defender in the world can stop him one on one. Those blaming Marquezsshould remember what he did to the Spanish defense. He is my player of the tournament so far and today he put Holland on his back and carried them to victory. There are very few players in the world who have that ability, almost every time he touched the ball he was dangerous.

I give kudos the beast that is Robben.

But on that penalty, he was not a beast, but a cheating ballerina.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

mate wrote:
African Star wrote:If that was a pk against CIV then this most definitely was. Robben is a beast and the most fearful forward at this wc, no defender in the world can stop him one on one. Those blaming Marquezsshould remember what he did to the Spanish defense. He is my player of the tournament so far and today he put Holland on his back and carried them to victory. There are very few players in the world who have that ability, almost every time he touched the ball he was dangerous.

I give kudos the beast that is Robben.

But on that penalty, he was not a beast, but a cheating ballerina.

Cheers, Mate
You are just shedding Concacaf tears, your dream of 3 teams in the final 8 just got dashed. That was a clip and a foul plus the ref knew he had missed a clear pk on Robben in the first half, how many breaks should Concacaf have in this wc, CIV didn't get a break.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
joplass wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
joplass wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:Pk. I knew it. Robben. Took a dive a usual. Wharrever

not sure why many folks did not see it was a clear dive
Holland was robbed of a clear pk in the first half....right?

Are you advocating rewarding a dive with a PK to make up for an alleged non-call?
No but for a fair game.

Stopping at "No" leaves your reputation intact...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Chief, why you come dey sound like me from a few years back. Just dishing out underG insults left and right.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mmeny wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Robben is disgusting. Rewatching the replays on his dive. JJ says Mexico was robbed and I agree.

The onus is not on Robben to avoid contact or not to take advantage of it, ONCE THE DEFENDER ENGAGES THROUGH A TACKLE.

I'm not disgusted at Robben; I am disgusted at the stupidity of a player of Marquez's experience!
Bro, Robben dragged his right foot (not the left) as he dove over Marques. He had gotten by him but was surrounded. The next best option was simulate a foul. That was disgusting. Anyway I'll remember this thread the next time you complain about a player diving :mrgreen:

quick question:

Is tackling in the box forbidden? Does tackle + dive = PK?
Chief why you dey yab like this.. tackling is not the same as fouling.. Yes fouling in the box is forbidden=PK
:roll: :roll: :roll:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:I cannot believe that someone said that Mexico was punching above their weight.
I agree that Mexico knows football. But I want to reiterate that it is BS to say they should hold their heads high or that they tried. Getting to second round is not an achievement for Mexico. They get there all the time. An improvement would have been a quarter final. They are still mentally weak on this stage.

Yes, Hererra ultimately blinked. He succumbed psychologically. He just couldn't believe that Mexico could maintain enough initiative and went bunker. That Dos Santos sub especially was infuriating.

I also acknowledge that Mexico happened to get perhaps 1 of the 2 strongest teams in this tournament. In spite of what seems to me that false penalty at the end, I congratulate Holland. They were cool, disciplined, and patiently took their opportunities.

I actually said at the start that the Dutch would lay back and then press in the final 20 minutes...conserving their energy and trying to tire Mexico...which is how it panned out.

Cheers, Mate
Hererra did a good job. I can't agree with people blaming his subs. Dos Santos was subbed off in the last game and Mexico went on to score 3 goals. Hererra still brought on Aquino, Mexicans darling, and he did a great job keeping the dutch defence back. What killed Mexico is not the overlapping of Dutch defense because they couldn't afford to do that as Aquino kept them honest, what killed them was the corner kicks. Dutch were killing them over and over again!!

Anyway, I also told this board before the WC started that Netherlands is not a TRUE #15 -it is deceiving- and somebody told me I was yarning opaks. I also told people who are holding on to "weather factor" as the reason why many European teams have exited this tournament and why the AMericas are winning that they were mistaking. It isn't. A team that does its homework the correct way will always pass.

Was that a penalty? It was a fifty fifty call. It could have gone the way of Mexico and not for Netherlands. You can't blame the ref on this one. Marquez of all people should have stood his ground. Fifty fifty call.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Na wa o! Mexico vs Dutch don split CE straight down the middle. If na Nigeria or African team now, we'd be screaming blue murder.
-Simpli fy -
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

spastic wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
joplass wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
joplass wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:Pk. I knew it. Robben. Took a dive a usual. Wharrever

not sure why many folks did not see it was a clear dive
Holland was robbed of a clear pk in the first half....right?

Are you advocating rewarding a dive with a PK to make up for an alleged non-call?
No but for a fair game.

Stopping at "No" leaves your reputation intact...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Chief, why you come dey sound like me from a few years back. Just dishing out underG insults left and right.

CE na unique place o :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: either you respond to people as appropriate, or you let frustration take over you. Nothing as frustrating as folks not even knowing what they are arguing for or against.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

By this time on Monday Nigeria would be...
-Simpli fy -
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:By this time on Monday Nigeria would be...
jubilating!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Robben robbed an entire nation of its dream. #RobbedByRobben
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

quick question:

No sir!

But every foul in the box that is so recognized by the ref is a PK

Now can u pls answer my question...
Last edited by txj on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Hererra did a good job. I can't agree with people blaming his subs. Dos Santos was subbed off in the last game and Mexico went on to score 3 goals. Hererra still brought on Aquino, Mexicans darling, and he did a great job keeping the dutch defence back. What killed Mexico is not the overlapping of Dutch defense because they couldn't afford to do that as Aquino kept them honest, what killed them was the corner kicks. Dutch were killing them over and over again!!

You are just a 'normal' football 'viewer' :mrgreen: ...............Just spurting(analysing :mrgreen: ) it like any TV viewer.
So it was the 'overlapping and corner kicks' that killed Mexico :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....................like Cicob said somewhere.............'you are talking about the effects while forgetting what caused it'.
But then you are a ................'normal' football viewer :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

It was a penalty, Marquez made a reckless challenge and there was contact. Robben should have received a booking for simulation, but it was a penalty.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:By this time on Monday Nigeria would be...
jubilating!
I pray so my brother. We just need to do the simple things, such as not being selfish when a team mate is better positioned, think quickly, no stupid fouls near or inside the box, unforced errors/give-away and communication (GK and defence especially).

Bring it on!!!!
-Simpli fy -
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:It was a penalty, Marquez made a reckless challenge and there was contact. Robben should have received a booking for simulation, but it was a penalty.
Its a PK but Robben should get a YC? :huh:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

quick question:

No sir!

But every foul in the box that is so recognized by the ref is a PK

Now can u pls answer my question...
you already answered his question when you said "no sir". Second sentence has no bearing.

But if you must insist, ....indirect freekicks (not PKs) can be given in the box for certain fouls.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:It was a penalty, Marquez made a reckless challenge and there was contact. Robben should have received a booking for simulation, but it was a penalty.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
Yes. I don't believe there is rule against that. You award the foul of the initial offense but punish the exaggeration.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Video evidence of Robben's clear dive

Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it