FIFA 2018 WORLD CUP SQUADS

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: FIFA 2018 WORLD CUP SQUADS

Post by walesvilla »

Please help how come England is naming their final 23 squad on Wednesday 16th after deadline?? is it because they are just naming the straight 23
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

walesvilla wrote:Please help how come England is naming their final 23 squad on Wednesday 16th after deadline?? is it because they are just naming the straight 23
Why are you asking such a question on a Nigerian forum? Send an email to the english FA
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

anointed wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Tim Cahill is still playing for Australia? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's the World Cup!
Remember Roger Milla? :D

You only need to play 7 games and you don't even have to win them all. Just the important ones.
Heck, you don't even have to win any game in open play.
You could draw all your games as long as you win your penas all the way to the trophy. :D
Dude, it is very difficult for any team to advance in the group stage at the World Cup with 3 draws! So, yes, you do need to win a game!
It's very difficult as you said but not impossible. You know 3 draws = draw. If the top team gets maximum points, the 3 others can get 3 points each with the best GD qualifying. In 1982, Italy qualified for the next round with 3 draws.
Also a table could like this
1) 7 points (draw against #2 and wins against #3 and #4)
2) 3 points (3 draws)
3) 2 points (draw against #2 and #4)
4) 2 points (draw against #2 and #3)
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

walesvilla wrote:Please help how come England is naming their final 23 squad on Wednesday 16th after deadline?? is it because they are just naming the straight 23
I think it's allowed in the sense that any team named after 14th can no longer be a provisional team but a final team. I surmise that the advantage is that you can open your WC camp withour having to wait for May 28. France is naming their 23 on the 15th. It's a risk if a player gets injured.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Group A
Russia (final 23 to be confirmed from these 35)
Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (CSKA Moscow), Vladimir Gabulov (Club Brugge), Soslan Dzhanaev (Rubin Kazan), Andrey Lunev (Zenit St Petersburg);
Defenders: Vladimir Granat, Ruslan Kambolov, Fedor Kudryashov (all Rubin Kazan), Ilya Kutepov (Spartak Moscow), Roman Neustadter (Fenerbahce), Konstantin Rausch (Dynamo Moscow), Andrey Semenov (Akhmat Grozny), Igor Smolnikov (Zenit St Petersburg), Mario Fernandes (CSKA Moscow);
Midfielders: Yuri Gazinskiy (Krasnodar), Alexsandr Golovin, Alan Dzagoev (both CSKA Moscow), Aleksandr Erokhin, Yuri Zhirkov, Daler Kuzyaev (all Zenit St Petersburg), Roman Zobnin, Alexsandr Samedov (both Spartak Moscow), Anton Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow), Aleksandr Tashaev (Dynamo Moscow), Denis Cheryshev (Villarreal);
Forwards: Artem Dzyuba (Arsenal Tula), Aleksey Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow), Fedor Smolov (Krasnodar), Fedor Chalov (CSKA Moscow).
Last edited by anointed on Sat May 12, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

One of our opponents

Group D
Iceland (This is the final 23)
Goalkeepers: Hannes Halldorsson (Randers), Runar Alex Runarsson (Nordsjaelland), Frederik Schram (Roskilde);
Defenders: Ari Freyr Skulason (Lokeren), Hordur B. Magnusson (Bristol City), Ragnar Sigurdsson (Rostov), Kari Arnason (Aberdeen), Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson (Levski Sofia), Sverrir Ingi Ingason (Rostov), Birkir Mar Saevarsson (Valur), Samuel Kari Fridjonsson (Valerenga).
Midfielders: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Everton), Aron Gunnarsson (Cardiff City), Emil Hallfredsson (Udinese), Birkir Bjarnason (Aston Villa), Johann Berg Gudmundsson (Burnley), Olafur Ingi Skulason (Karabukspor), Arnor Ingvi Traustason (Malmo), Rurik Gislason (Sandhausen)
Forwards: Alfred Finnbogason (Augsburg), Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson (Rostov), Jon Dadi Bodvarsson (Reading), Albert Gudmundsson (PSV).
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Group H

Poland (final 23 to be confirmed from these 32)
Goalkeepers: Bartosz Bialkowski (Ipswich Town), Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City), Lukasz Skorupski (Roma), Wojciech Szczesny (Juventus);
Defenders: Jan Bednarek (Southampton), Bartosz Bereszynski (Sampdoria), Thiago Cionek (SPAL), Kamil Glik (Monaco), Artur Jedrzejczyk (Legia Warsaw), Marcin Kaminski (Stuttgart), Tomasz Kedziora (Dynamo Kyiv), Michal Pazdan (Legia Warsaw), Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund);
Midfielders: Jakub Blaszczykowski (Wolfsburg), Pawel Dawidowicz (Palermo), Przemyslaw Frankowski (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Jacek Goralski (Ludogorets Razgrad), Kamil Grosicki (Hull City), Damian Kadzior (Gornik Zabrze), Grzegorz Krychowiak (West Bromwich Albion), Rafal Kurzawa (Gornik Zabrze), Karol Linetty (Sampdoria), Maciej Makuszewski (Lech Poznan), Krzysztof Maczynski (Legia Warsaw), Slawomir Peszko (Lechnia Gdansk), Maciej Rybus (Lokomotiv Moscow), Sebastian Szymanski (Legia Warsaw), Piotr Zielinski (Napoli), Szymon Zurkowski (Gornik Zabrze);
Forwards: Dawid Kownacki (Sampdoria), Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli), Krzysztof Piatek (Cracovia), Lukasz Teodorczyk (Anderlecht), Kamil Wilczek (Brondby).
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Egypt's 29-man provisional World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary (Al Taawoun), Mohamed El-Shennawy (Al Ahly), Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly), Mohamed Awad (Ismaily)

Defenders: Ahmed Fathi (Al Ahly), Saad Samir (Al Ahly), Ayman Ashraf (Al Ahly), Mahmoud Hamdy (Zamalek), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Al Fath) Ahmed Hegazi (West Brom), Ali Gabr (West Brom), Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa), Karim Hafez (RC Lens), Omar Gaber (LAFC), Amro Tarek (Orlando City)

Midfielders: Tarek Hamed (Zamalek), Mahmoud Abdel Aziz (Zamalek), Shikabala (Al Raed), Abdallah Said (KuPS), Sam Morsy (Wigan), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Kahraba (Ittihad), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City), Mahmoud "Trezeguet" Hassan (Kasimpasa), Amr Warda (Atromitos)

Forwards: Marwan Mohsen (Al Ahly), Ahmed Gomaa (Al Masry) Ahmed "Koka" Mahgoub (SC Braga), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Korea Republic 28 man provisional squad

Goalkeepers: Kim Seunggyu, Kim Jinhyeon, Cho Hyeonwoo

Defenders: Kim Younggwon, Jang Hyunsoo, Jeong Seunghyeon, Yun Yeongseon, Kwon Kyungwon, Oh Bansuk, Kim Jinsu, Kim Minwoo, Park Jooho, Hong Chul, Go Yohan, Lee Yong

Midfielders: Ki Sungyueng, Jeong Wooyoung, Kwon Changhoon, Ju Sejong, Koo Jacheol, Lee Jaesung, Lee Seungwoo, Moon Sunmin, Lee Chungyong

Forwards: Kim Shinwook, Son Heungmin, Hwang Heechan, Lee Keunho

Reserves: Gu Sungyun (goalkeeper), Choi Chulsoon (defender), Son Junho, Lee Myungjoo, Lee Changmin, Ji Dongwon (midfielders), Suk Hyunjun (forward)
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Goalkeepers:  Wilfredo Caballero (36), Nahuel Guzmán (32), Sergio Romero (31), Franco Armani (31)
Defenders:  Javier Mascherano (33), Gabriel Mercado (31), Federico Fazio (31), Cristian Ansaldi (31), Nicolás Otamendi (30), Marcos Rojo (28), Eduardo Salvio (27), Ramiro Funes Mori (27), Marcos Acuña (26), Germán Pezzella (26), Nicolás Tagliafico ( 25)
Midfielders: Lucas Biglia (32), Enzo Pérez (32), Pablo Pérez (32), Angel Di María (30), Ever Banega (29), Diego Perotti (29), Guido Pizarro (28), Rodrigo Battaglia (26), Maximiliano Meza (26), Manuel Lanzini (25), Ricardo Centurión (25), Leandro Paredes (23), Giovani Lo Celso (22)
Forwards: Lionel Messi (30), Gonzalo Higuaín (30), Sergio Agüero (29), Mauro Icardi (25), Paulo Dybala (24), Cristian Pavon (22).

3 debutatants in Argentina squad. Where are those who are on hospital admission for developing cold feet against new players in SE. Oh, it's cos they are scared their players e.g Ahmed Musa will be dropped.

Argentina picking Icardi and Dybala shows some seriousness especially if they make the final 23. Thos guys will not miss sitters like Higuain sha.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Glad to see Salah made the team for Egypt

phew. :taunt: :taunt:

Na joke I dey joke oh, writing Salah is probably the equivalent of writing your name on an exam paper, or starting the ignition in a driving test.

Salah's place was so guaranteed that he probably called to ask if the coach will be on the provisional list.

Salah's place was so set in stone, that if it was omitted, FIFA would probably write a follow up letter querying about the typo.

I don't know if they have a player's gala, but if they do Salah's dietary requirements have long been accommodated for.

If bobo was not a shoe in, he will shoe himself in with that golden boot of his. #The Egyptian Messi
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Iran (final 23 from these 35 to be confirmed)

Goalkeepers: Alireza Beiranvand (Persepolis), Seyed Hossein Hosseini (Esteghlal), Rashid Mazaheri (Zob Ahan), Amir Abedzadeh (Maritimo);

Defenders: Ramin Rezaeian (Ostende), Voria Ghafouri (Esteghlal), Steven Beitashour (Los Angeles FC), Seyed Jalal Hosseini (Persepolis), Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh (Padideh), Morteza Pouraliganji (Alsaad), Mohammad Ansari (Persepolis), Pejman Montazeri (Esteghlal), Seyed Majid Hosseini (Esteghlal), Milad Mohammadi (Akhmat Grozny), Omid Norafkan (Esteghlal), Saeid Aghaei (Sepahan), Roozbeh Cheshmi (Esteghlal);

Midfielders: Saeid Ezatolahi (Amkar Perm), Masoud Shojaei (AEK Athens), Ahmad Abdolahzadeh (Foolad), Saman Ghoddos (Ostersunds), Mahdi Torabi (Saipa), Ashkan Dejagah (Notthingham Forest), Omid Ebrahimi (Esteghlal), Ehsan Hajsafi (Olympiacos), Ali Karimi (Sepahan), Soroush Rafiei (Al Khor), Ali Gholizadeh (Saipa), Vahid Amiri (Persepolis);

Forwards: Alireza Jahanbakhsh (AZ Alkmaar), Karim Ansarifard (Olympiacos), Mahdi Taremi (Al Gharafa), Sardar Azmoun (Rubin Kazan), Reza Ghoochannejhad (Heerenveen), Kaveh Rezaei (Charleroi).
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

All our foes have now named their provisional squads. This is a 32-man list from Croatia
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Denmark (final 23 to be confirmed from these 35 men)
Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Frederik Ronnow (Brondby IF), Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield), Jesper Hansen (FC Midtjylland).

Defenders: Simon Kjaer (Sevilla), Andreas Bjelland (Brentford), Mathias Jorgensen (Huddersfield), Andreas Christensen (Cheslea), Henrik Dalsgaard (Brentford), Jannik Vestergaard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese), Jonas Knudsen (Ipswich), Nicolai Boilesen, Peter Ankersen (both FC Copenhagen), Riza Durmisi (Real Betis).

Midfielders: Christian Eriksen (Tottenham), Daniel Wass (Celta Vigo), Lasse Schone (Ajax), Lukas Lerager (Bordeaux), Mathias Jensen (Nordsjaelland), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Deportivo La Coruna), Mike Jensen (Rosenborg), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Southampton), Thomas Delaney (Werder Bremen), William Kvist (FC Copenhagen).

Forwards: Andreas Cornelius (Atalanta), Kasper Dolberg (Ajax), Kenneth Zohore (Cardiff City), Martin Braithwaite (Bordeaux), Nicklas Bendtner (Rosenborg), Nicolai Jorgensen (Feyenoord), Pione Sisto (Celta Vigo), Robert Skov, Viktor Fischer (both FC Copenhagen), Yussuf Poulsen (RB Leipzig).
Group D
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Group E
Brazil - Straight up 23
Goalkeepers: Alisson (Roma), Ederson (Manchester City), Cassio (Corinthians).

Defenders: Danilo (Manchester City), Fagner (Corinthians), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid), Thiago Silva (PSG), Marquinhos (PSG), Miranda (Inter Milan) Pedro Geromel (Gremio).

Midfielders: Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Paulinho (Barcelona), Fred (Shakhtar Donetsk), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Willian (Chelsea), Douglas Costa (Juventus).

Forwards: Neymar Jr (PSG), Taison (Shakhtar Donetsk), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool).
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Panama (final 23 to be confirmed)

Goalkeepers: Jose Calderon (Chorrillo), Jaime Penedo (Dinamo Bucharest), Alex Rodriguez (San Francisco).

Defenders: Azmahar Ariano (Patriots), Felipe Baloy (Municipal CSD), Harold Cummings (San Jose Earthquakes), Eric Davis (Dunajska Streda), Fidel Escobar (New York Red Bulls), Adolfo Machado (Houston Dynamo), Michael Murillo (New York Red Bulls), Luis Ovalle (Olimpia), Francisco Palacios (San Francisco), Richard Peralta (Alliance), Roman Torres (Seattle Sounders).
Midfielders : Ricardo Avila (Gent), Edgar Barcenas (Cafetaleros de Tapachula), Ricardo Buitrago (Municipal), Miguel Camargo (San Martin de Porres University), Adalberto Carrasquilla (Tauro), Armando Cooper (University Club of Chile), Anibal Godoy (San Jose Earthquakes), Gabriel Gomez (Bucaramanga), Jose Gonzalez (Union Commerce), Cristian Martinez (Columbus Crew), Valentin Pimentel (Plaza Amador), Alberto Quintero (University of Lima), Jose Luis Rodriguez (KAA Gent).

Forwards: Abdiel Arroyo (Alajuelense), Rolando Blackburn (Chorrillo), Ismael Diaz (Deportivo la Coruna), Jose Fajardo (Independiente), Roberto Nurse (Mineros Zacatecas), Blas Perez (Municipal), Luis Tejada (Sports Boys), Gabriel Torres (CD Huachipato).
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Mexico (final 23 to be confirmed)

Goalkeepers: Guillermo Ochoa (Standard Liege), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul).

Defenders: Carlos Salcedo(Frankfurt), Nestor Araujo (Santos Laguna), Diego Reyes (Porto), Hector Moreno (Real Sociedad), Hugo Ayala (Tigres), Oswaldo Alanis (Guadalajara), Edson Alvarez (America), Jesus Gallardo (Pumas), Miguel Layun (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Jesus Molina (Monterrey), Rafael Marquez (Atlas), Hector Herrera (Porto), Jonathan Dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Andres Guardado (Real Betis), Erick Gutierrez (Pachuca), Marco Fabian (Frankfurt), Giovani Dos Santos (LA Galaxy).

Forwards: Javier Hernandez (West Ham), Raul Jimenez (Benfica), Oribe Peralta (America), Jesus Manuel Corona (Porto), Carlos Vela (Los Angeles FC), Javier Aquino (Tigres), Hirving Lozano (PSV Eindhoven), Jurgen Damm (Tigres).
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

German squad

the big surprise is the omission of Wagner (Petersen was nominiated instead). Also Gündogan and Özil were not banned for their picture with Erdogan (as many supporters and journos demanded)
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

England named their provisional squad on Monday to meet the deadline for provisional squads. They have until June to name the final 23 but they are choosing to name it on Wednesday. The FIFA rules state that Monday was deadline for the provisional list and June for the final 23, but you can name the final 23 anytime in between.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

kbt wrote:
England named their provisional squad on Monday to meet the deadline for provisional squads. They have until June to name the final 23 but they are choosing to name it on Wednesday. The FIFA rules state that Monday was deadline for the provisional list and June for the final 23, but you can name the final 23 anytime in between.
Yes it's a fair question to ask why they didn't just go ahead and name the 23 on the day of the provisional list deadline if they intended to name the 23 two days later, but I guess the simple answer is because they can.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kofi86 wrote:German squad

the big surprise is the omission of Wagner (Petersen was nominiated instead). Also Gündogan and Özil were not banned for their picture with Erdogan (as many supporters and journos demanded)
gutted for him, he deserved to be there... trapp?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

kofi86 wrote:German squad

Petersen has been in good form and scored more goals in the Bundesliga than Wagner over the past two seasons. He has height and ability like Wagner but also has a better poachers instinct. I think we all saw how he did against us in the Olympics.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anointed wrote:One of our opponents

Group D
Iceland (This is the final 23)
Goalkeepers: Hannes Halldorsson (Randers), Runar Alex Runarsson (Nordsjaelland), Frederik Schram (Roskilde);
Defenders: Ari Freyr Skulason (Lokeren), Hordur B. Magnusson (Bristol City), Ragnar Sigurdsson (Rostov), Kari Arnason (Aberdeen), Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson (Levski Sofia), Sverrir Ingi Ingason (Rostov), Birkir Mar Saevarsson (Valur), Samuel Kari Fridjonsson (Valerenga).
Midfielders: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Everton), Aron Gunnarsson (Cardiff City), Emil Hallfredsson (Udinese), Birkir Bjarnason (Aston Villa), Johann Berg Gudmundsson (Burnley), Olafur Ingi Skulason (Karabukspor), Arnor Ingvi Traustason (Malmo), Rurik Gislason (Sandhausen)
Forwards: Alfred Finnbogason (Augsburg), Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson (Rostov), Jon Dadi Bodvarsson (Reading), Albert Gudmundsson (PSV).
With the exception of their third GK, all their last name ends with "SON"... :shock:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger