The Seven to miss the cut.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Re: The Seven to miss the cut.

Post by nzeogwu »

Which experience does Uwa have. The 30 minutes against Argentina in 2010 or the tourist role he had in 2014 after injury? If that's the case, take him as a stand by and let him share his experience in practice.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

nzeogwu wrote:Which experience does Uwa have. The 30 minutes against Argentina in 2010 or the tourist role he had in 2014 after injury? If that's the case, take him as a stand by and let him share his experience in practice.

KPOM.

how on earth does "experience" trump playing week in week out in a much better league, and with the added bonus of versatility.

Rohrs problem is he is too conservative. Being too conservative can be a problem. He is too scared of change, and this will stick to rubbish players who are "experienced".
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

vancity eagle wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Which experience does Uwa have. The 30 minutes against Argentina in 2010 or the tourist role he had in 2014 after injury? If that's the case, take him as a stand by and let him share his experience in practice.

KPOM.

how on earth does "experience" trump playing week in week out in a much better league, and with the added bonus of versatility.

Rohrs problem is he is too conservative. Being too conservative can be a problem. He is too scared of change, and this will stick to rubbish players who are "experienced".

lol..no be fight Nzeogwu and Vancity...but Uwa was playing for Braga, Monaco etc before two of the 4 boys you mentioned started feeding themselves and yes add the 2010 and 2014 WC experience to that and he has a lot to offer. Playing in league day in and day out really only offers fitness not big games atmosphere. But hey ..wetin I sabi...

Vancity ..you clamour for Vince over Uzoho etc because of the same experience you are now discounting Uwa for ...the Vince that has not played one min of competitive football in over a year against the 4 keepers that have been playing even if na moin moin league... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ebuehi, he is not ready. That Serbia game raised some concerns
Agbo
Simy nwankwo-not enough time to make the squad.

Lokosa
Ajiboye
Eze
Joel obi, injury issues, may not be fully fit. I like Mikel Agu
What if simmy scores a coupe of goals in the next two friendlys what happens then?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

But his performance against Argentina didn’t, right?
Also, this is someone who is currently being spoken of as arguably the best right back in the Dutch Eerdivisie.
Ebuehi is definitely the quickest defender in the squad. You need him against those pacy wingers Nigeria is likely to face in the World Cup. He definitely will be amongst the 23
Last edited by Otitokoro on Mon May 14, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Aina is very fast can play RB, RM, LB and CB I will rather him than ebuehi
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Aina is very fast can play RB, RM, LB and CB I will rather him than ebuehi
These are all justifications for Echijele to stay home.

This "experience" argument doesn't add up. Uwa was never a good option to begin with,we just never had options. We have plenty now.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:

KPOM.

Yep that WC plus multiple other tournaments including ANC and Confed Cup. I don’t like his game but let’s not act like he’s not way more experienced than the majority of our players who have never played in any torney b4
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Echiejile played all games throughput our WCQ except against Algeria away. You have to be selfish to drop him for something he Worked hard for. Aina or ebuehi has to make way and I’m not even uwa biggest fan
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

osita wrote:
Agbo

Lokosa
Ajiboye
Eze
What if simmy scores a coupe of goals in the next two friendlys what happens then?
Still drop him.

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop attitude got to stop. If you didn't take part in previous friendlies or world cup qualifiers. You don't deserve to go to the world cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

We dropped Aiyegbeni in 2002 even though he scored against Sudan in the qualifiers. Off course we banned Finidi, Oruma, Oliseh and Babangida while we were at it. We dropped Ugbade in 1994 even though he played a great role in qualifiers and the ANC. This won’t be the first time. It’s called upgrading. :)
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Just because it happened in 1994 and 2002 doesn’t make it right. Besides, that 2002 has corruption written all over it. It’s not even like the alternatives are significantly better than Uwa. Uwa earned his position by playing in almost all games throughout our WCQ and he deserves to attend the World Cup except for injuries
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

nzeogwu wrote:We dropped Aiyegbeni in 2002 even though he scored against Sudan in the qualifiers. Off course we banned Finidi, Oruma, Oliseh and Babangida while we were at it. We dropped Ugbade in 1994 even though he played a great role in qualifiers and the ANC. This won’t be the first time. It’s called upgrading. :)
What kind of upgrading where you doing in 2002, replacing Sunday Oliseh with Justice Christopher?

What kind of upgrading is Shola Amoebi and Uchebo in 2014?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Not sure about the 7 that will be dropped, but here are some certs to get in and why:

1. Mikel. Obvious right? Of course. As a nation (and this includes the players), there is a belief that we play well when he's on the field and marshalling things. Aside from his skills as a player, the psychological advantage of having him in Russia will get him there. God forbid, but even an injured Mikel will still get there.

2. Ndidi. This is all about reputation and stats. All opposing coaches are already compiling stats on our players, and when they see the stats on Ndidi, they really have to pay attention. Man has been in beast mode all season. They will know that if he's on the pitch, he is one of the most effective disruptors of the opposition game. They will know, if he's having a good game they are in trouble. No coach having a player with such stats will not book him an automatic pass.

3. Uzoho. Now, you might shout inexperienced and all that, but the kid has got talent. Let's not argue. Against Serbia, I think something in him tweaked after the series of corners at the end of the first half. He came alive and showed more in the next 45m than the other keepers in the squad have shown of late. His size will intimidate, and if we cut out the defensive mistakes that led to those goals (non was his fault), this guy will be hard to beat. Rohr seems to have taken a liking to him, and I can see his place assured and as the number 1 goalie.

4. The oyibo wall. A central defensive pairing that have played consistently together for over a year? This one is a given. If fit, they both go. If fit, they both start. No argument

These will be my 5 certs. All others will have to battle it out in camp. Of course, the coach has some favourites. You have to give him that, but if I was a betting man, I will make a small wager on the NPL striker to make the 23. Why? Stats! If you can score 18 goals in a half season, there is something you definitely are - a finisher. Our last 2 friendlies showed us just how much we lack a finisher, a clinical one. If this kid shows in camp what he has shown in the league, he will be on the plane and will get game time. He just needs to believe in himself and not be overawed by the big name players around him. He could be the dark horse in that final 23.
To stop trying is to start dying
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

osita wrote:
Agbo

Lokosa
Ajiboye
Eze
Ebuehi is very wonderful against pacy forwards, wingers.. also noticed his crosses into the box are always on point. But Ebuehi can be bullied against physical players, thats a major short coming.. Also he conceeds way too much a lot of corner kicks, which is not really good..
afc##
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

These arguments are all good. On a more serious note, 2014 team lacked depth. The 2018 is far superior in all aspects to the 2014, 2010 and the 2002 team except for goalkeeping.

If the administration is done right by the NFF, I guarantee you that it will out do the 1994 and 1998 teams. The three missing pieces then were (Coaching) changeable tactics based on the opponent, squad harmony, Federation administration (Money matters).

I think (Hope) we have got it right this time. If we do, there's no limit to what these boys can do. They are prepared to die for their coach. Imagine if they are prepared to die for their coach and their country?

This trumps all selection arguments about who makes the cut and who gets selected. There are no cliques, no cabals, no factions. In it's sixth attempt, Nigeria has finally presented ONE team.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

nzeogwu wrote:We dropped Aiyegbeni in 2002 even though he scored against Sudan in the qualifiers. Off course we banned Finidi, Oruma, Oliseh and Babangida while we were at it. We dropped Ugbade in 1994 even though he played a great role in qualifiers and the ANC. This won’t be the first time. It’s called upgrading. :)
What great roles did Ugbade played before his omission from WC?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

nzeogwu wrote:These arguments are all good. On a more serious note, 2014 team lacked depth. The 2018 is far superior in all aspects to the 2014, 2010 and the 2002 team except for goalkeeping.

If the administration is done right by the NFF, I guarantee you that it will out do the 1994 and 1998 teams. The three missing pieces then were (Coaching) changeable tactics based on the opponent, squad harmony, Federation administration (Money matters).

I think (Hope) we have got it right this time. If we do, there's no limit to what these boys can do. They are prepared to die for their coach. Imagine if they are prepared to die for their coach and their country?

This trumps all selection arguments about who makes the cut and who gets selected. There are no cliques, no cabals, no factions. In it's sixth attempt, Nigeria has finally presented ONE team.
Let's outdo the 2014 team.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

nzeogwu wrote:Akpeyi: Worst of the four. Ajiboye may be the best and the most experienced. u-17 a
Elderson
Eze
Agu
Agbo
Lokosa
Uwa
Chai.this guy wants Echiejile off the team so bad he wants him removed TWICE...abi Uwa and Elderson nor be d same pesin? :lol:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

My apologies. Only remove Uwa.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

No need to apologize.

Uwa, Elderson and Echiejile deserve to be dropped.

Same with Daniel and Akpeyi.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

My apologies. Only remove Uwa.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I respect the opinion of those who want Uwa in the final list because of his experience(God knows I'm tired of that line already... experience), okay cool pointer. But what happened to quality? what exactly can Uwa Echejilie do that significantly makes him good enough? what aspect of his game has markedly improved over the past few years? what's even his current form at his club? Uwa can't defend, he can't attack intelligently, his positioning is as crooked as a Broadway street whore on crack, heck his overall contribution to the team has been largely uneventful. Dude isn't the same player he was back in 2010 when he burst into the spotlight at the AFCON that year... of course I won't be shocked if he makes the list because of his "experience " advantage as usual... But it do great injustice to the young and talented lads like Aina and Ebuehi if any of them has to be dropped for Echejilie... That's like killing the dream and star of a young stalwart who needs a big platform to shine, and waste that gift on some overwashed veteran who has little or nothing to offer, I'll feel really bad as a fellow young blood if any of those young lads gets dropped for grandpa Echejilie.