The Seven to miss the cut.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Seven to miss the cut.

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:I respect the opinion of those who want Uwa in the final list because of his experience(God knows I'm tired of that line already... experience), okay cool pointer. But what happened to quality? what exactly can Uwa Echejilie do that significantly makes him good enough? what aspect of his game has markedly improved over the past few years? what's even his current form at his club? Uwa can't defend, he can't attack intelligently, his positioning is as crooked as a Broadway street whore on crack, heck his overall contribution to the team has been largely uneventful. Dude isn't the same player he was back in 2010 when he burst into the spotlight at the AFCON that year... of course I won't be shocked if he makes the list because of his "experience " advantage as usual... But it do great injustice to the young and talented lads like Aina and Ebuehi if any of them has to be dropped for Echejilie... That's like killing the dream and star of a young stalwart who needs a big platform to shine, and waste that gift on some overwashed veteran who has little or nothing to offer, I'll feel really bad as a fellow young blood if any of those young lads gets dropped for grandpa Echejilie.
He was the starting LB throughout our WC Qualification, but I think he will find it tough to make the WC team, but he deserves a chance to.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I respect the opinion of those who want Uwa in the final list because of his experience(God knows I'm tired of that line already... experience), okay cool pointer. But what happened to quality? what exactly can Uwa Echejilie do that significantly makes him good enough? what aspect of his game has markedly improved over the past few years? what's even his current form at his club? Uwa can't defend, he can't attack intelligently, his positioning is as crooked as a Broadway street whore on crack, heck his overall contribution to the team has been largely uneventful. Dude isn't the same player he was back in 2010 when he burst into the spotlight at the AFCON that year... of course I won't be shocked if he makes the list because of his "experience " advantage as usual... But it do great injustice to the young and talented lads like Aina and Ebuehi if any of them has to be dropped for Echejilie... That's like killing the dream and star of a young stalwart who needs a big platform to shine, and waste that gift on some overwashed veteran who has little or nothing to offer, I'll feel really bad as a fellow young blood if any of those young lads gets dropped for grandpa Echejilie.
He was the starting LB throughout our WC Qualification, but I think he will find it tough to make the WC team, but he deserves a chance to.
Plus you would drop him and take 2 inexperienced young men in place of him ..what is wrong with taking Uwa and one of these two ? ...weti concern us sef ..we are having having healthy dialogue but Rohr will do ROHR.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Plus you would drop him and take 2 inexperienced young men in place of him ..what is wrong with taking Uwa and one of these two ? ...weti concern us sef ..we are having having healthy dialogue but Rohr will do ROHR.

If both players are better than him, that's all that should matters. From Rohr's utterances, Uwa will make it
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

In all honesty this should be our 23

GOALKEEPERS

Uzoho
Ezenwa
Ajiboye

DEFENDERS

Balogun
Troost
Awaziem
Omeuro
Ebuehi
Abdullahi
Idowu
Aina

Aina can play both LB, RB and has played all year at a higher level and more consistently than Uwa. Ebuehi is perhaps the best RB and good crosser of the ball. Shehu can also serve as a deputy midfielder. Idowu is better than Uwa and familiar with Russia. Uwa simply has to be the man out if we are being objective. What good is so called "experience" when he cannot even get playing time in lowly Belgium. Aina and Idowu playing at a much higher level.

MIDFIELDERS

Mikel
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Joel Obi

This was a hard one for me because I wanted to include John Ogu. I like him as a guy and he seems to help team spirit, but he is just a luxuory we cannot afford and this is because it is more important to include Simy Nwankwo as an attacking option, Ogu has to be cut. Only 5 midfielders one might say, but we also have Shehu and Iwobi who both can play in midfield so in reality we will have 7 midfielders. Versatility should win out and be the reason why we take certain players and drop others. Ogu is not better than any of the above midfielders.

STRIKERS/WINGERS

Vic Moses
Iwobi
Ighalo
Iheanacho
Musa
Simon
Nwankwo

Like I said earlier, Iwobi can also play AM. We need the 4 wide options with Iwobi, Musa, Simon, Moses. Ighalo and Iheanacho are undroppable yet I would love to take Nwankwo as he offers a difference in attack, we need good crossers (Ebuehi, Moses) to utilize his strength. Again unfortunately Ogu has to miss out to make way for Nwankwo.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Experience my arse WRT Ecjijile. Why not recall Ambrose and Oshaniwa while we are at it since they are experienced. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: What exactly does Uwa contribute to the team? He offers nothing going forward and is a weak FB. Also he plays in Belgium div2. I am not even sure if he is a regular. Also he is not versatile Yet you have clowns here choosing him over guys that play week in week out in Holland, Russia and England. Guys who are young and have the Energy to defend and support the attack. Guys who will keep up with the likes of Messi, Pericisc and Gonderwhateversson.

This is why i say Nigeria is a mess because Nigerian in general make daft decisions. So you will drop Ebuehi and Idowu to make way for a washed up Echijile. Do you know that Holland is still hoping to get Ebuehi to play for them?? If we drop him for the WC i am sure he will go on to play for Holland. This is how we lost Alaba in 2009 because a daft coach called John Uboh rather than call him up for the U17 WC chose a 30 year old instead. The WC is no place for deadwoods like Echijile. Echijile, Akpeyi, Agbo do not deserve to be on the 30 man list and in all fairness should be dropped if we want to make any headway in Russia.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.