Cameroon- road to Qatar

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Goddess
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon- road to Qatar

Post by The Goddess »

Rogermilla wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:03 pm
The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:59 am
Rogermilla wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:55 pm
camex wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:15 pm
The Goddess wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:59 am
bamenda boy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:22 pm
The Goddess wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:05 pm Mbaizo, Nkoulou, Ondoa, Ngom, Ngapandountnbu have no business on this team.
One of the top scorers in the MLS is a Cameroonian. Junior Onana and Ganaco are far ahead of the likes of Ngom, Nkouloou and Bassogog. Not to mention the exclusion oh Ngadeu. That's sacrilege.
I heard Nkoulous wife is Etos cousin. Maybe it was wrong to make this guy the Fecafoot president.
A journalist just wrote that after the game against Burundi, Ngadeu and Zambo Anguissa had a fight. They could not reconcile. The management decided to exclude Ngadeu from the list because of that.
Please post the full story. Both players were summoned to apologize to the team and management. Zambo Anguissa apologized, but Ngandeu refused to. As a result he was dropped from the team. Even at the very last game before the list came out, Song called him and to apologize, but he refused. Please let's learn to post the facts.

I have to bring tribalism into this, but I have noticed that so many Bamilekes have been condenming Song of bias, meanwhile he was fair in this scenario by summoning both players to apologize. Some have even gone as far as starting a petition on change.org. If the tables were turned and it was Ngadeu who made the team and Zambo did not, you will not hear these backlash from the Bamis
Rogermilla, all this is hear say. There´s no report that this is what happened. Ngadeu is actually a sensibel guy. If Song spoke to him and all, why didnt Song give a press conference to justify his selections and clarify the population?
He had said before that Zambo and Ngadeu were sure to be taken. If one isnt, atleast he owes Cameroonians an explanation.
Goddess, of course all of these is hearsay, but I need to also caution people pointing fingers at Eto'o for instigating this meanwhile we also do not have the facts. The same source that everyone here has been getting their one-sided info from is the same source that I got that from. Now I am not sure how true that is, I am just a messenger based on the same information people have been posting.

Camfoot for one has been very one-sided in their reporting and have not been fair especially to Fecafoot and the team management. Yes there are faults and some mistakes have been made, however they are so biased it is not even funny. Plus that clown Idrissou who seems to have a personal beef with Eto'o, is frontpage on Camfoot and you don't see any form of analysis from them, rather they are so full of sensationalism and one-sided journalism.

To me all care is that the Lions do well in Qatar and forget the outside distractions. Ngadeu has expressed his support for the team and he has asked people to follow suit.

I am with him as well as with the rest of the team with my full support that they will do well
You are very right. Th most reasonable approach is to fall behind the team but it´s difficult when people perceive the selection process as "unfair". There´re many things that we, who are not in their circle don´t know.

Moreover, let´s not forget that the sensationalism and one-sided journalism is due to Eto´s reputation and personality. He was the cause of a lot of strife in the den when he was a player. Furthermore, bad news and "Kongossa" draw the crowd. That´s nowadays journalism.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

By the way I hope you guys know that the story about Ngadeu and Anguissa fighting has been debunked as a lie.
This is what happens when a coach refuses too hold a press conference and explain stuff to people. We are left with unfounded rumor.
Ngadeu has always compuncted himself with class. He is the only academic degree holder in that team.
Not that it really matters but the way he carries himself, I had a feeling those stories were not true.
I am glad it has come out that nothing like what the bloggers Eto'o paid to be writing about this team is true.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:48 pm By the way I hope you guys know that the story about Ngadeu and Anguissa fighting has been debunked as a lie.
This is what happens when a coach refuses too hold a press conference and explain stuff to people. We are left with unfounded rumor.
Ngadeu has always compuncted himself with class. He is the only academic degree holder in that team.
Not that it really matters but the way he carries himself, I had a feeling those stories were not true.
I am glad it has come out that nothing like what the bloggers Eto'o paid to be writing about this team is true.
Can you provide us with proof showing that Eto'o paid bloggers to write whatever story you are claiming? What you are insinuating here is no different from the junk I have been reading on Camfoot. Plus they even had to bring Idrissou who is using his personal beef with Eto'o to spill junk as well. He even claims that the game vs Algeria was bought and Camfoot will take such junk and post without any verification, no reliable sources, no direct quotes from their sources, all congossa nonsense. Massa you are better than that and we will never know what happened until all parties involved come forward and explain themselves. So far only Anguissa has expressed on his Facebook page that him and Ngadeu do not have any beef. Ngadeu on his part has acknowledged his non callup and even praised the team as well as wishing them good luck.

Rather than promoting our team, we as usual are tearing them down on the eve of the world cup and causing unnecessary divisions. Very soon when they fail, we castigate them, meanwhile we are the ones that are causing all these division by writing crap and posting junk online without concrete proof and verication.

I am not here to support anyone against the other, I just want the team to do well and let Song do his job as coach
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Rogermilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:06 am
bamenda boy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:48 pm By the way I hope you guys know that the story about Ngadeu and Anguissa fighting has been debunked as a lie.
Can you provide us with proof showing that Eto'o paid bloggers to write whatever story you are claiming? What you are insinuating here is no different from the junk I have been reading on Camfoot. Plus they even had to bring Idrissou who is using his personal beef with Eto'o to spill junk as well. He even claims that the game vs Algeria was bought and Camfoot will take such junk and post without any verification, no reliable sources, no direct quotes from their sources, all congossa nonsense. Massa you are better than that and we will never know what happened until all parties involved come forward and explain themselves. So far only Anguissa has expressed on his Facebook page that him and Ngadeu do not have any beef. Ngadeu on his part has acknowledged his non callup and even praised the team as well as wishing them good luck.

Rather than promoting our team, we as usual are tearing them down on the eve of the world cup and causing unnecessary divisions. Very soon when they fail, we castigate them, meanwhile we are the ones that are causing all these division by writing crap and posting junk online without concrete proof and verication.

I am not here to support anyone against the other, I just want the team to do well and let Song do his job as coach
Not Etoo per say but Fecafoot did pay bloggers to blog about the World Cup. Check out www.camfoot.com front page about this issue too.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Rogers you and I are saying the same thing. That there is no issue between the two said players and bloggers and news outlets that are supposed to be blogging about this are the ones spreading this false rumor. Even journalists are talking about it.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:44 am
Rogermilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:06 am

Not Etoo per say but Fecafoot did pay bloggers to blog about the World Cup. Check out www.camfoot.com front page about this issue too.
Fecafoot might be paying bloggers to cover the world cup, but I haven't seen any that claim so. I don't disagree with you on that. Camfoot on the other hand are just full of crap, writing junk without facts or concrete sources. How can you use Idrissou who claims Cameroon's game vs Algeria was bought as a source and even allow him to spew his garbage on the front page. Yet they claim to be a news source. Right now, I am not relying on any of these blogs or even so called news sources cause all of them are not factual especially Camfoot
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

The Goddess wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:05 pm Mbaizo, Nkoulou, Ondoa, Ngom, Ngapandountnbu have no business on this team.
One of the top scorers in the MLS is a Cameroonian. Junior Onana and Ganaco are far ahead of the likes of Ngom, Nkouloou and Bassogog. Not to mention the exclusion oh Ngadeu. That's sacrilege.
I heard Nkoulous wife is Etos cousin. Maybe it was wrong to make this guy the Fecafoot president.
A journalist just wrote that after the game against Burundi, Ngadeu and Zambo Anguissa had a fight. They could not reconcile. The management decided to exclude Ngadeu from the list because of that.
Please post the full story. Both players were summoned to apologize to the team and management. Zambo Anguissa apologized, but Ngandeu refused to. As a result he was dropped from the team. Even at the very last game before the list came out, Song called him and to apologize, but he refused. Please let's learn to post the facts.

I have to bring tribalism into this, but I have noticed that so many Bamilekes have been condenming Song of bias, meanwhile he was fair in this scenario by summoning both players to apologize. Some have even gone as far as starting a petition on change.org. If the tables were turned and it was Ngadeu who made the team and Zambo did not, you will not hear these backlash from the Bamis
My source is the journalist Vincent Sosthene Fouda. Certainly not a bamileke. It is weird of you play the tribal card and gives us your version without the source.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

camex wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:34 am

My source is the journalist Vincent Sosthene Fouda. Certainly not a bamileke. It is weird of you play the tribal card and gives us your version without the source.
Camex, I am not one one to be tribal about issues like these, however the ones that have been very tribalistic about these especially on social media platforms have been Bamilekes. I did not say the journalist is Bami, I am just reacting to the folks that have made it a tribal issue online are. They say Ngadeu's non callup is because Eto'o and Song want to make the team a Bassa affair and leaving out players from the Western region.

To me I don't care where the player is from, so long as they are ready to die for the nation and give it their all, I will support them. So if you are thinking I am insinuating that the journalist is Bamileke, then you misunderstood me.

Also by the way, can you please poet the full article from the journalist which shows what happened, including quotes from credible sources? I am so sorry, but a lot of your journalists and even so-called news websites are very lazy to do their work and rely on hear-say to create propaganda and unnecessary division among the players.

I am not saying your journalist friend is wrong, but I need to read the news story, which cites sources credible enough for me to believe the stories. Anything other than that to me is hear-say and congossa

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Rogers I know the sound bite from Idrissou was nonsense, but I want to know what you think about the one from Alex Song and Serge Branco.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:00 pm Rogers I know the sound bite from Idrissou was nonsense, but I want to know what you think about the one from Alex Song and Serge Branco.
Can you post them here? Also keep in mind Alex Song has always had his beef with Eto'o since they were both playing with the national team. Now as far as Serge Branco is concerned, I don't know. But my thing is this, if they so badly needed to see change, they should have also come back home and help the federation. Eto'o is not a saint in any form or shape, but he has so far done some positive things since he became Fecafoot boss. He still has his big boy attitude and ego, but he also cares for the team and the nation. All the Alex Songs, Idrissou and the likes have all failed in their careers and want to take their personal beefs with Eto'o to distabilize the team at the eve of the world cup.

If they cared so much about the team, then they should go back home and work together with Eto'o and the other former players that are helping to elevate our football.

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

When I google Serge Branco, the article below is what I see. Eto'o might not be loved by all, but one thing is that he has a big heart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/sa ... te/69yvp08

Eto'o helps former teammate stay alive by paying for his surgery

Eto'o is now the President of the Cameroon Football Federation and participated in the recovery of his former teammate Serge Branco Namekong.
According to several sources, Serge Branco Namekong was suffering from an undisclosed ailment which required surgery.
Eto'o and Branco both played with the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon.
Given his situation, Eto'o opted to take care of the bills of the one-cap ex-international.
Branco had a successful surgery in Cameroon and the FECAFOOT president was there to give him his support.
The surgery for Branco took place at the Central Hospital of Yaounde, Cameroon where Eto'o took care of all his expenses and visited him.
The surgery for Branco took place at the Central Hospital of Yaounde, Cameroon Pulse Nigeria
Serge Branco Namekong played for several top sides such as Stuggart, Queens Park Rangers, Leeds United and Frankfurt.
Eto'o is now playing a huge role leading FECAFOOT as Cameroon prepare to take part at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Rogermilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:24 pm

Camex, I am not one one to be tribal about issues like these, however the ones that have been very tribalistic about these especially on social media platforms have been Bamilekes. I did not say the journalist is Bami, I am just reacting to the folks that have made it a tribal issue online are. They say Ngadeu's non callup is because Eto'o and Song want to make the team a Bassa affair and leaving out players from the Western region.

To me I don't care where the player is from, so long as they are ready to die for the nation and give it their all, I will support them. So if you are thinking I am insinuating that the journalist is Bamileke, then you misunderstood me.

Also by the way, can you please poet the full article from the journalist which shows what happened, including quotes from credible sources? I am so sorry, but a lot of your journalists and even so-called news websites are very lazy to do their work and rely on hear-say to create propaganda and unnecessary division among the players.

I am not saying your journalist friend is wrong, but I need to read the news story, which cites sources credible enough for me to believe the stories. Anything other than that to me is hear-say and congossa
https://www.lebledparle.com/vincent-sos ... vestiaire/
Vincent Sosthène Fouda : « Ngadeu est privé de mondial pour la paix dans le vestiaire »

Par Lebledparle.com, Chancelin Wabo novembre 11, 2022, 10:15 1.5k Lectures

Facebook
WhatsApp
Twitter
LinkedIn

Vincent Sosthène Fouda : « Ngadeu est privé de mondial pour la paix dans le vestiaire »

Vincent Sosthène Fouda, journaliste au commis un texte donner ses « raisons » de l’absence de Ngadeu dans la liste de Rigobert Song pour le mondial Qatar 2022.

Ngadeu est privé de mondial pour la paix dans le vestiaire.

Le Cameroun le 9 juin 2022 joue contre le Burundi à Bujumbura. Ngadeu et Zambo en viennent aux mains. Le président de la fédération exige une réconciliation entre les deux pour l’intérêt supérieur du Cameroun. Les deux joueurs campent sur leur position. Ils se “promettent la mort”.

Deux ministres de la République sont sollicités pour faire entendre raison aux deux boxeurs. Rien à faire. Le président de la FECAFOOT décide donc de se séparer des deux. Moukoudi depuis sa foireuse participation à la CAN à Yaoundé ne rassure personne, Onguéné est blessé.

C’est ainsi que la décision est prise de ramener Nkoulou Nicolas au sein de la sélection.

Zambo-Anguissa pendant ce temps vit sur une autre planète. Aucun autre milieu de terrain ne fait l’affaire. Il s’impose donc à Samuel ETO’O et pour la paix dans le vestiaire il a fallu prendre un et laisser l’autre parce qu’ils ne voulaient pas faire la paix entre eux.

En 1982 Jean-Paul Bertrand-Demanes a été privé de coupe du monde pour avoir giflé un journaliste mais surtout pour avoir refusé de faire la paix avec ce dernier. Michel Hidalgo alors sélectionneur avait dû trancher. Ce sera sans le gardien Demanes.

Le football ne devrait pas être un sport de gentelmen pratiqué par des voyous. Pour arriver à cette exigence il faut donc de la discipline et des sacrifices. Ngadeu paye cet entêtement et surtout cette incapacité à lever la tête du guidon pour voir plus loin que le bout de son nez.

La France après la débâcle de l’Afrique du Sud a interdits à tout joueur de sa sélection le port des casques devant les journalistes. Ils ont été aussi obligés de serrer les mains et de signer des autographes. Les résultats sont là et ils peuvent être appréciés de tous. Ce qui est des bleus l’est aussi pour la Belgique les Pays-Bas et l’Angleterre. On est écarté de la sélection parce qu’on a donné une gifle à son chat ou parce qu’on a affiché y compris en dehors et surtout même en dehors des stades une conduite qui heurte le social, l’environnement, blesse l’éthique et interroge votre capacité à vivre en société.

Peut-être le Cameroun devrait s’en inspirer s’il veut que sa sélection nationale rivalise avec ces autres grandes nations du football.
here is my source. Note, it was you who turned this debate into a Bamileke/Bassa debate.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

camex wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 am
Rogermilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:24 pm

https://www.lebledparle.com/vincent-sos ... vestiaire/

Par Lebledparle.com, Chancelin Wabo novembre 11, 2022, 10:15 1.5k Lectures

Facebook
WhatsApp
Twitter
LinkedIn

Vincent Sosthène Fouda, journaliste au commis un texte donner ses « raisons » de l’absence de Ngadeu dans la liste de Rigobert Song pour le mondial Qatar 2022.

Ngadeu est privé de mondial pour la paix dans le vestiaire.

Le Cameroun le 9 juin 2022 joue contre le Burundi à Bujumbura. Ngadeu et Zambo en viennent aux mains. Le président de la fédération exige une réconciliation entre les deux pour l’intérêt supérieur du Cameroun. Les deux joueurs campent sur leur position. Ils se “promettent la mort”.

Deux ministres de la République sont sollicités pour faire entendre raison aux deux boxeurs. Rien à faire. Le président de la FECAFOOT décide donc de se séparer des deux. Moukoudi depuis sa foireuse participation à la CAN à Yaoundé ne rassure personne, Onguéné est blessé.

C’est ainsi que la décision est prise de ramener Nkoulou Nicolas au sein de la sélection.

Zambo-Anguissa pendant ce temps vit sur une autre planète. Aucun autre milieu de terrain ne fait l’affaire. Il s’impose donc à Samuel ETO’O et pour la paix dans le vestiaire il a fallu prendre un et laisser l’autre parce qu’ils ne voulaient pas faire la paix entre eux.

En 1982 Jean-Paul Bertrand-Demanes a été privé de coupe du monde pour avoir giflé un journaliste mais surtout pour avoir refusé de faire la paix avec ce dernier. Michel Hidalgo alors sélectionneur avait dû trancher. Ce sera sans le gardien Demanes.

Le football ne devrait pas être un sport de gentelmen pratiqué par des voyous. Pour arriver à cette exigence il faut donc de la discipline et des sacrifices. Ngadeu paye cet entêtement et surtout cette incapacité à lever la tête du guidon pour voir plus loin que le bout de son nez.

La France après la débâcle de l’Afrique du Sud a interdits à tout joueur de sa sélection le port des casques devant les journalistes. Ils ont été aussi obligés de serrer les mains et de signer des autographes. Les résultats sont là et ils peuvent être appréciés de tous. Ce qui est des bleus l’est aussi pour la Belgique les Pays-Bas et l’Angleterre. On est écarté de la sélection parce qu’on a donné une gifle à son chat ou parce qu’on a affiché y compris en dehors et surtout même en dehors des stades une conduite qui heurte le social, l’environnement, blesse l’éthique et interroge votre capacité à vivre en société.

Peut-être le Cameroun devrait s’en inspirer s’il veut que sa sélection nationale rivalise avec ces autres grandes nations du football.
here is my source. Note, it was you who turned this debate into a Bamileke/Bassa debate.
I am just reacting to the nonsense I have been reading on social media regarding the Bamileke/Bassa issue. It is not my cup of tea so long as the team does well.

chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Chei, Cameroon will always fine a way to self destruct.
Ngadeu non selection and nkoulou inclusion in the team is difficult to take.
It will be 3 matches and out for the indomitable lions.
The egos of some people is bigger than the team.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

chopachop wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:31 pm Chei, Cameroon will always fine a way to self destruct.
Ngadeu non selection and nkoulou inclusion in the team is difficult to take.
It will be 3 matches and out for the indomitable lions.
The egos of some people is bigger than the team.
I am still trying to figure out how Nkoulou made it over Ngadeu.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Not everything is on merit. Relationships also count. Most of the time, promotion at work or passing a major exam are all based on relationships and less on merits.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

CAMEROON AND PANAMA SHARE THE SPOILS!
A win for the Indomitable Lions would have been the ideal result given the team badly needed to shed off the winless streak ahead of next Thursday's World Cup group opener against Switzerland.
Cameroon approached the game reasonably with a low tempo for fear of injuries, so we can spare some of the blushes against ball-playing a Panama side that had more fitness coming from a friendly.
There are a few positives to take home. First, the team did not concede in open play. Second, 13 goal attempts including 6 shots on target is a decent attacking display. Third, Choupo-Moting's goals have not dried out.
The next few days are crucial to fill in the gaps.
Ade Divine

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

By the way Cameroon has a good team. What they need is a goal poacher. Aboubakar is not it, his gra gra is only on the african continent.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

The Goddess wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:44 pm By the way Cameroon has a good team. What they need is a goal poacher. Aboubakar is not it, his gra gra is only on the african continent.
Only in Cameruin would Aboubakar start over Choupo-Moting.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

The Goddess wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:44 pm By the way Cameroon has a good team. What they need is a goal poacher. Aboubakar is not it, his gra gra is only on the african continent.
I just the highlights of the game against Panama. We have a much better attack than in the Nations Cup. Mbeumo is fast and Choupo Moting is in top form. In the midfield also Zambo Anguissa makes our team stronger. Wooh is a young defender so he probably has a lot of potential. The WC probably arrives too early for him, but who knows. He could be p to the task.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

camex wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:34 pm
I just the highlights of the game against Panama. We have a much better attack than in the Nations Cup. Mbeumo is fast and Choupo Moting is in top form. In the midfield also Zambo Anguissa makes our team stronger. Wooh is a young defender so he probably has a lot of potential. The WC probably arrives too early for him, but who knows. He could be p to the task.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

For the 1-1 draw against Panama, I don't read too much into friendlies as they are exercise for coaches to continue testing players, substitutions, formations, etc.
What really convinced me about the Cameroon team is their last WC qualification match against the North Africans. I think they will do well. Best of wishes to all the African reps in Qatar.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Lions are in Qatar; Anguissa, Fai, Moumi Ngamaleu