The heat factor

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
The heat factor

Post by YUJAM »

Will this be a factor in the tournament? Thoughts?

I think it could very well be. I see some Euro and S American teams struggling to maintain their stamina in this weather.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: The heat factor

Post by gosh »

Good point. Heat could well be a factor.
The question will be whether Autumn/Winter temperatures and humidity in Qatar will generally be higher than the ones people experience during non-Qatar WC hostings in the Summer. If that is a problem I think we will likely see more water breaks introduced.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:12 am Will this be a factor in the tournament? Thoughts?

I think it could very well be. I see some Euro and S American teams struggling to maintain their stamina in this weather.
Not really. Majority of the stadia has state-of-the-art cooling technology. Each stadium is cooled to a comfortable temperature of around 20 degrees, with spot cooling.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

90% of the players in Qatar all play in Europe. It will be a level playing field. The only issue could be the air temperature..hopefully the cooling system will help out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Yes. South Americans have done better in World Cups held in warmer climates. I know most of their players currently play in Europe, but most grew up in South America and can more easily acclimate to the heat as the competition progresses.

I expect a South American team to get to the final, but a very good European side that peaked just at the right time could still potentially beat them, as we saw in Brazil.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes