[WC 2022] QATAR 0 ECUADOR 2 (Valencia X2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] QATAR 0 ECUADOR 2 (Valencia X2)

Post by mate »

I think I know what Nigeria must do to move forward in football. I'll share after the WC.

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [WC 2022] QATAR 0 ECUADOR 2 (Valencia X2)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:57 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:35 pm You people are disrespecting Senegal. They will get out of this group even without Mane. Senegal are a very strong team, have you seen their squad. The are the most loaded CAF team , followed by CIV , then our SE is 3rd
Your SE is third? :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Group I

Portugal
Mexico
Ecuador
Nigeria

Do your SE get out of this group? We lost to all three in the 6 month!
i do not deal with ifs and unrealistic scenarios. I cannot answer such a question
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] QATAR 0 ECUADOR 0

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:10 pm Home cooking don start o! :sneaky:
:D Das whut I thot when I saw it. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] QATAR 0 ECUADOR 1 Valencia

Post by ohsee »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:32 pm I mean y'all can argue conspiratorially against technology all you want, but that was a legitimate call.
Oga Dunamis, is it true that there is a chip inside the game ball? I heard there is a chip somewhere that determines offside now? How true is this?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ohsee wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:32 pm I mean y'all can argue conspiratorially against technology all you want, but that was a legitimate call.
Oga Dunamis, is it true that there is a chip inside the game ball? I heard there is a chip somewhere that determines offside now? How true is this?
https://www.eurosport.com/football/worl ... tory.shtml
What is semi-automated offside technology?
FIFA have approved the use of ‘limb-tracking offside technology’ at the World Cup which it is hoped will speed up the process of making offside decisions and offer greater clarity to supporters.
The technology has been undergoing trials for several years and was used at the Club World Cup early in 2022. The new technology works by using 12 tracking cameras around the stadium to track the ball, as well as data points of each player and a sensor inside the ball which sends data to the video operation room 500 times per second.
[tweet][/tweet]
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

ohsee wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 pm

That is correct Ohsee. Here is a page with a detailed description and also a video explaining how it works and the transparency FIFA is ensuring that fans have. I will also post these below for those who will be too lazy to research things and take the easy conspiratorial route.

What is it?
Semi-automated offside technology is a support tool for the video match officials and the on-field officials to help them make faster, more reproducible and more accurate offside decisions.

How does it work?
The new technology uses 12 dedicated tracking cameras mounted underneath the roof of the stadium to track the ball and up to 29 data points of each individual player, 50 times per second, calculating their exact position on the pitch. The 29 collected data points include all limbs and extremities that are relevant for making offside calls.

Al Rihla, adidas’ official match ball for Qatar 2022™, will provide a further vital element for the detection of tight offside incidents as an inertial measurement unit (IMU) sensor will be placed inside the ball. This sensor, positioned in the centre of the ball, sends ball data to the video operation room 500 times per second, allowing a very precise detection of the kick point.

By combining the limb- and ball-tracking data and applying artificial intelligence, the new technology provides an automated offside alert to the video match officials inside the video operation room whenever the ball is received by an attacker who was in an offside position at the moment the ball was played by a team-mate. Before informing the on-field referee, the video match officials validate the proposed decision by manually checking the automatically selected kick point and the automatically created offside line, which is based on the calculated positions of the players’ limbs. This process happens within a few seconds and means that offside decisions can be made faster and more accurately.

After the decision has been confirmed by the referee on the pitch, the exact same positional data points that were used to make the decision are then generated into a 3D animation that perfectly details the position of the players’ limbs at the moment the ball was played. This 3D animation, which will always show the best possible perspectives for an offside situation, will then be shown on the giant screens in the stadium and will also be made available to FIFA’s broadcast partners to inform all spectators in the clearest possible way.

How was it tested?
The semi-automated offside technology set-up and workflow have been successfully trialled at numerous test events and live at FIFA tournaments, including the FIFA Arab Cup 2021™ and the FIFA Club World Cup 2021™.

During these matches, the new technology was able to support the video match officials by helping them to make more accurate and more reproducible offside decisions in a shorter period of time.

FAQs

Why does semi-automated offside technology require less time for a decision to be made?
Globally, an offside check by the VAR takes an average of 70 seconds. Instead of selecting the correct kick point and drawing the offside line manually, the video match officials team, by using semi-automated offside technology, only needs to validate the proposed decision by visually checking the automatically selected kick point and the automatically created offside line, which is based on the calculated positions of the players’ limbs. This process happens within a few seconds and means that decisions can be made on offside calls faster and more accurately. However, complex incidents or multiple incidents that occur at the same time can require a more thorough review of the situation.

Is the new system accurate?
Based on the test results gathered during the three-year testing phase, semi-automated offside technology is currently the most accurate offside support system available to video match officials. In addition, the system provides consistency in the placement of offside lines, especially in situations where the shoulder or top part of the arm determines the offside line.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!