[WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Post by airwolex »

This shows how vital keepers are. The Dutch keeper showed up when it mattered most, Mendy was well, Mendy. The bad thing is that he is difficult to bench with his profile.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Hollands strikeforce is pants as well though, two Spurs reject.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:14 pm This shows how vital keepers are. The Dutch keeper showed up when it mattered most, Mendy was well, Mendy. The bad thing is that he is difficult to bench with his profile.
Difficult to bench ke, dude any coach looking to advance will bench him without hesitation.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:16 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:14 pm This shows how vital keepers are. The Dutch keeper showed up when it mattered most, Mendy was well, Mendy. The bad thing is that he is difficult to bench with his profile.
Difficult to bench ke, dude any coach looking to advance will bench him without hesitation.
He will play all 3 games, mark my word.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yup he was OK. But I just got the feeling he was late to get to the ball as it got played in behind the D. I think they can still go through though.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Post by green4life »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 pm Kouyate's injury has affected Senegal big time
Yep. When he got injured, it immediately crossed my mind that his loss is as big as Mane being out. Massive loss for Senegal.
Then in that case they have no business being at the world cup if their game is built around Mane. They should have a plan b
Mane is levels about any other players available on their front line. Night & day. Some players don't have replacements so when they are out, the team will feel it. However, just as important, given how they play, is the injury to Kouyate. Because Senegal doesn’t play compact, any loss of their best players will have more of an adverse impact on their results.

Therefore, the key is for Cisse to adjust his team's play in consideration of the key injured players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Senegal could have used Osimhen today. All those crosses with no quality finisher. Maybe we should think of sending one united African team next time :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:18 pm Senegal could have used Osimhen today. All those crosses with no quality finisher. Maybe we should think of sending one united African team next time :mrgreen:
God forbid bad thing :evil:
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
hestonap
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 1 (Gakpo)

Post by hestonap »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
hestonap wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm It is so frustrating being an African on so many many many levels. I am just too tired I swear.

Our best on the continent, lose on close margins or continue to show annoying levels of naïveté.

Our best as per diaspora are 'taken' by our perennial overlords because we refuse to create the environment for us to thrive.

I am just frustrated and tired.

Replicate this beyond football and it just seems to be our story.
Just because of a loss! :clap: :clap:
Wanajo,

It's not just a loss, its symptomatic of so many things we fail to get right.

As per football specifics, it is the same repeatable story.

No it's not just a loss, its a reflection of how we are unable to compete consistently at the highest levels.

A few decades ago, you has sprinkling of our diaspora competing against us, now our best appears to be bred away from our shores and they compete against us.Because we consistently fail to allow us and our own to thrive on our soil. Many that should stay back and contribute are forced away for a myriad of reasons and we continue to lose out.

It is frustrating.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
joplass wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm Here goes the African hope.
I said it from the very beginning. Senegal will not make it out of this group. They were helped alot by the refrees during the Afcon and Manes absence isnt helping matters. But to lose in such a way is so painful.
Senegal just played their hardest game. They will get at least 4 points from their next 2 and then it's anyone's guess. By the way, Netherlands are not guaranteed to beat Ecuador.

Totally agree.

Ecuador after this game also looks good. Only Qatar is suspect.

Still everything to play for.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

If only Osimhen added Cisse N'diaye to his name, he would have done so well for the Senegalese team as a #9
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:58 pm Mendy should've done better to anticipate De Jong's floating cross - especially given its his favored pass from his repertoire. I saw it coming from a mile away. Senegal needs a draw in this game or they will have to win Ecuador (plus the gimme 3pts Qatar) to qualify.
If they have to beat Ecuador and take the guaranteed 3 points from Qatar, they still may need to score a lot of goals against each to progress.
Your maths presumes that Ecuador beats Holland in which case 3 teams will be tied with 6 points. That possibility is remotely unlikely for me. The likely scenario is if Senegal beats Ecuador & Qatar, they qualify. The problem is this Senegal team seems hard pressed to score goals without Mane on the field and Ecuador is relatively tough team to play against.
You are right about my presumption. That was why I used the word "may".
These days, one can't easily count out certain possibilities in football, but I hope Senegal regroup and win their next 2 matches.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

hestonap wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:19 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
hestonap wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm It is so frustrating being an African on so many many many levels. I am just too tired I swear.

Our best on the continent, lose on close margins or continue to show annoying levels of naïveté.

Our best as per diaspora are 'taken' by our perennial overlords because we refuse to create the environment for us to thrive.

I am just frustrated and tired.

Replicate this beyond football and it just seems to be our story.
Just because of a loss! :clap: :clap:
Wanajo,

It's not just a loss, its symptomatic of so many things we fail to get right.

As per football specifics, it is the same repeatable story.

No it's not just a loss, its a reflection of how we are unable to compete consistently at the highest levels.

A few decades ago, you has sprinkling of our diaspora competing against us, now our best appears to be bred away from our shores and they compete against us.Because we consistently fail to allow us and our own to thrive on our soil. Many that should stay back and contribute are forced away for a myriad of reasons and we continue to lose out.

It is frustrating.
Bros leave English. You are just now unlocking sophmore mode. We dont graduate since from frustrating levels :lol: :lol: :lol:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lol. Mendy's brain has been fried as of late which partly explains how he lost his job at Chelsea. When he was hungry, he wasn't leaving crumbs on the tables for folks to score easy goals. But since he became a big boy, he started falling asleep on the job. Disappointing given his capabilities.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:07 pm Chelsea players are just terrible
me i just dey wait make 2022 finish ( God Willing) make SE and Chelsea get fresh new start.. this year get as e be... hopefully buhari's bad luck towards the SE go vanish too
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Honestly, I don't see how anybody can blame Mendy. The Dutch forward was allowed a clear opportunity with probably 1+ seconds before Mendy could close the gap right in front of goal.

That is hard to stop.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:19 pm If only Osimhen added Cisse N'diaye to his name, he would have done so well for the Senegalese team as a #9
Rules permitting, Naija for send am to Senegal on 1 month loan for £50M loan fee. :lol:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mendy is rubbish. This day is looking bleak unless Wales slap those yanks. I can't take all these whining colonizers winning today
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 pm Honestly, I don't see how anybody can blame Mendy. The Dutch forward was allowed a clear opportunity with probably 1+ seconds before Mendy could close the gap right in front of goal.

That is hard to stop.
Oh shut up. Always patronizing us here. Worry about usa and Croatia and leave us alone.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:58 pm Mendy should've done better to anticipate De Jong's floating cross - especially given its his favored pass from his repertoire. I saw it coming from a mile away. Senegal needs a draw in this game or they will have to win Ecuador (plus the gimme 3pts Qatar) to qualify.
If they have to beat Ecuador and take the guaranteed 3 points from Qatar, they still may need to score a lot of goals against each to progress.
Your maths presumes that Ecuador beats Holland in which case 3 teams will be tied with 6 points. That possibility is remotely unlikely for me. The likely scenario is if Senegal beats Ecuador & Qatar, they qualify. The problem is this Senegal team seems hard pressed to score goals without Mane on the field and Ecuador is relatively tough team to play against.
Even with Mane, Senegal generally does not score many goals from open play. I am disappointed they lost today, but like all African countries, finishing at the highest level and against non-African opposition is always suspect. African players when present with a chance seem to always favor power rover skill and placement.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:13 pm Football is cruel with thin margins and some luck, especially between near evenly matched teams.

Holland took advantage of 1 breakdown by Senegal on that goal. You can't blame the goalie for facing a 1:1 like that.

It's unfortunate that Mane was not available. Again, thin margins.

So far, no European team looks like a powerhouse.
Easy there, Mate. The Netherlands are a powerhouse. Sometimes it is the little things the European teams do (example, maintaining discipline) but the African teams don't do are what spell the difference between a powerhouse and non-powerhouse. How can you play so well, but fail to explore your offensive opportunities and make childish blunders to concede 2 goals in the dying minutes of a crucial game?
Last edited by gosh on Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 pm Honestly, I don't see how anybody can blame Mendy. The Dutch forward was allowed a clear opportunity with probably 1+ seconds before Mendy could close the gap right in front of goal.

That is hard to stop.
Oh shut up. Always patronizing us here. Worry about usa and Croatia and leave us alone.
Nah, never patronized. So you STFU.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:21 pm
Lol. Mendy's brain has been fried as of late which partly explains how he lost his job at Chelsea. When he was hungry, he wasn't leaving crumbs on the tables for folks to score easy goals. But since he became a big boy, he started falling asleep on the job. Disappointing given his capabilities.
He was totally out of position on a number of occasion and if the Dutch players had any field awareness, they'd have scored on him from distance. Aghhh this is ridiculous