[WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Post by txj »

The wily Van Gaal.

Broke it down to who profits from the first mistake

Scoreline doesn't reflect how close game was.

Fully expect Senegal to go through..

Disappointed they did not exploit the wide areas more. De Ligt appeared vulnerable all game...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Post by gosh »

In football, African teams need to learn to prioritize the most important thing first, which is to score. Everything else is meaningless.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 1 (Gakpo)

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:59 pm Welcome to Liverpool Cody Gakpo..
he played in the Europa League this year, I doubt he wants to again.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 pm How many times have we seen this movie? You have to take your chances at the WC!
What chance did Senegal have, mehn just wished it stayed draw arghh
they never went for it at all even when they had counter attacking options
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 pm Kouyate's injury has affected Senegal big time
Yep. When he got injured, it immediately crossed my mind that his loss is as big as Mane being out. Massive loss for Senegal.
Then in that case they have no business being at the world cup if their game is built around Mane. They should have a plan b
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

joplass wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm Here goes the African hope.
I said it from the very beginning. Senegal will not make it out of this group. They were helped alot by the refrees during the Afcon and Manes absence isnt helping matters. But to lose in such a way is so painful.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It’s about the fine margins at this level. I don’t think much separated the teams. Diallo and Kouyate injuries probably had an impact on the final score. But Senegal weren’t good enough
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm Where is balo?
Saints baby we did it
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Chelsea players are just terrible
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Senegal will struggle against Ecuador and possibly come third in this group the way I see it...I'll hope Cameroon, Ghana and Morocco represent Africa well
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:01 pm isn't Gakpo a CIV man? isn't Depay a ghana man? i dey vex seeing all these Africans wounding us
Gakpo na Togo.

I knew Senegal was going to lose the game when it dragged on. African Countries always screw sheet up.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

BTW is is me it was Mendy slow off his line on the first one?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

BTW is is me it was Mendy slow off his line on the first one?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
I said it from the very beginning. Senegal will not make it out of this group. They were helped alot by the refrees during the Afcon and Manes absence isnt helping matters. But to lose in such a way is so painful.
Senegal just played their hardest game. They will get at least 4 points from their next 2 and then it's anyone's guess. By the way, Netherlands are not guaranteed to beat Ecuador.

Wha choo looking at?!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

hestonap wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm It is so frustrating being an African on so many many many levels. I am just too tired I swear.

Our best on the continent, lose on close margins or continue to show annoying levels of naïveté.

Our best as per diaspora are 'taken' by our perennial overlords because we refuse to create the environment for us to thrive.

I am just frustrated and tired.

Replicate this beyond football and it just seems to be our story.
Just because of a loss! :clap: :clap:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:58 pm Mendy should've done better to anticipate De Jong's floating cross - especially given its his favored pass from his repertoire. I saw it coming from a mile away. Senegal needs a draw in this game or they will have to win Ecuador (plus the gimme 3pts Qatar) to qualify.
If they have to beat Ecuador and take the guaranteed 3 points from Qatar, they still may need to score a lot of goals against each to progress.
Your maths presumes that Ecuador beats Holland in which case 3 teams will be tied with 6 points. That possibility is remotely unlikely for me. The likely scenario is if Senegal beats Ecuador & Qatar, they qualify. The problem is this Senegal team seems hard pressed to score goals without Mane on the field and Ecuador is relatively tough team to play against.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 pm Kouyate's injury has affected Senegal big time
Yep. When he got injured, it immediately crossed my mind that his loss is as big as Mane being out. Massive loss for Senegal.
Then in that case they have no business being at the world cup if their game is built around Mane. They should have a plan b
my brother you act like they practice together everyday, he was just ruled out last week, can't make adjustments that quickly.

they will crush Qatar and all will be right again.
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:01 pm isn't Gakpo a CIV man? isn't Depay a ghana man? i dey vex seeing all these Africans wounding us
Gakpo na Togo.

I knew Senegal was going to lose the game when it dragged on. African Countries always screw sheet up.
This game reminds me of our game against France in WC 2014. Close game most of the way. Then one late goal from screw up, and then another extra late goal. 2-0 FT.

Wha choo looking at?!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm BTW is is me it was Mendy slow off his line on the first one?
Yes Mendy miscalculated. But the defenders allowed a free header. The MF did not put any pressure hence the cross
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

hestonap wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm It is so frustrating being an African on so many many many levels. I am just too tired I swear.

Our best on the continent, lose on close margins or continue to show annoying levels of naïveté.

Our best as per diaspora are 'taken' by our perennial overlords because we refuse to create the environment for us to thrive.

I am just frustrated and tired.

Replicate this beyond football and it just seems to be our story.
Africa has been regressing while rest of the world continue to progress…again I won’t be surprised if none of the African teams makes it out of the group stage. I hope that doesn’t happen but we can’t always be relying on hope. Senegal is our best hope and hopefully they can turn it around, but definitely don’t have my head in the sand when it comes to African footie…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

disappointment
-Simpli fy -
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
Senegal just played their hardest game. They will get at least 4 points from their next 2 and then it's anyone's guess. By the way, Netherlands are not guaranteed to beat Ecuador.
Ecuador is no joke, plus apart from Sarr, Senegal has mediocre forwards. Plus maybe no Kouyate and Mendy keeping like Uzoho. I wouldn't hold my breath with them.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Football is cruel with thin margins and some luck, especially between near evenly matched teams.

Holland took advantage of 1 breakdown by Senegal on that goal. You can't blame the goalie for facing a 1:1 like that.

It's unfortunate that Mane was not available. Again, thin margins.

So far, no European team looks like a powerhouse.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?