[WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 2 FT (Gakpo, Klaasen)

Post by 100%Naija »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:28 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 pm Honestly, I don't see how anybody can blame Mendy. The Dutch forward was allowed a clear opportunity with probably 1+ seconds before Mendy could close the gap right in front of goal.

That is hard to stop.
Oh shut up. Always patronizing us here. Worry about usa and Croatia and leave us alone.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana will show Senegal how it is done
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm Senegal will struggle against Ecuador and possibly come third in this group the way I see it...I'll hope Cameroon, Ghana and Morocco represent Africa well
I hope to be wrong here, but Cameroon currently does not have a personnel to play the WC. The organization got better with the arrival of Eto'o but the personnel is not there.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 NETHERLANDS 1 (Gakpo)

Post by 100%Naija »

smallpikin wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:29 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:03 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:58 pm Mendy should've done better to anticipate De Jong's floating cross - especially given its his favored pass from his repertoire. I saw it coming from a mile away. Senegal needs a draw in this game or they will have to win Ecuador (plus the gimme 3pts Qatar) to qualify.
If they have to beat Ecuador and take the guaranteed 3 points from Qatar, they still may need to score a lot of goals against each to progress.
Your maths presumes that Ecuador beats Holland in which case 3 teams will be tied with 6 points. That possibility is remotely unlikely for me. The likely scenario is if Senegal beats Ecuador & Qatar, they qualify. The problem is this Senegal team seems hard pressed to score goals without Mane on the field and Ecuador is relatively tough team to play against.
Even with Mane, Senegal generally does not score many goals from open play. I am disappointed they lost today, but like all African countries, finishing at the highest level and against non-African opposition is always suspect. African players when present with a chance seem to always favor power rover skill and placement.
Man forces the Dutch defense to account for the flanks. They just sat back and let the Senegalese take weak shots from long range. He'd have drawn attention from 2 of those sitting defenders...essentially this team is toothless offensively, without him. Sad.
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:30 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:13 pm Football is cruel with thin margins and some luck, especially between near evenly matched teams.

Holland took advantage of 1 breakdown by Senegal on that goal. You can't blame the goalie for facing a 1:1 like that.

It's unfortunate that Mane was not available. Again, thin margins.

So far, no European team looks like a powerhouse.
Easy there, Mate. The Netherlands are a powerhouse. Sometimes it is the little things the European teams do (example, maintaining discipline) but the African teams don't do are what spell the difference between a powerhouse and non-powerhouse. How can you play so well, but fail to explore your offensive opportunities and make childish blunders to concede 2 goals in the dying minutes of a crucial game?
Well, that was my point: thin margins. I agree on the discipline part being part of this. Senegal broke down on that go ahead goal, 1 moment of indiscipline.

I could be wrong as it's 1 game, but Holland didn't look like a powerhouse. I have them in the semifinal against Brazil. Let's see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:32 pm Ghana will show Senegal how it is done
Collect -
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm BTW is is me it was Mendy slow off his line on the first one?
Definitely slow off his line.

Normally, Mendy sees aerial balls from a mile away and is hungry to pluck them from the sky like a low hanging fruit. But since he was voted FIFA goalie of the world, his head exploded due to becoming a big boy. Everyone who has watched De Jong knows that he loves that floating diagonal / cross because he can deliver it with pin point accuracy. So if you don't anticipate it, you are late. One area Mendy has struggled with is reading what is happening in front of him. Even in this game there was a back pass header that looked bad (ended up as a corner) because Mendy did not anticipate it, meanwhile i knew the player was looking to send it to Mendy. It may seem like I'm splitting hairs, but at the highest level of ambition, these details can be very costly. Senegal had no business losing this game as well as they played today.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

joplass wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:33 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm Senegal will struggle against Ecuador and possibly come third in this group the way I see it...I'll hope Cameroon, Ghana and Morocco represent Africa well
I hope to be wrong here, but Cameroon currently does not have a personnel to play the WC. The organization got better with the arrival of Eto'o but the personnel is not there.
No personnel? How then does Eto want to win the cup with no personnel? :? Believe me, switzerland is not beating Cameroon. I´m willing to bet 50 dollars.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:27 pm Mendy is rubbish. This day is looking bleak unless Wales slap those yanks. I can't take all these whining colonizers winning today
I'm rooting for USA. All day. :thumb:
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 pm
bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:27 pm Mendy is rubbish. This day is looking bleak unless Wales slap those yanks. I can't take all these whining colonizers winning today
Collect your own too
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:39 pm
Collect your own too
Sofry abeg. It's not my fault that Osimhen & co refused to beat Ghana :lol:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:37 pm
joplass wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:33 pm
No personnel? How then does Eto want to win the cup with no personnel? :? Believe me, switzerland is not beating Cameroon. I´m willing to bet 50 dollars.
Sister, wanting to win and winning are not the same. I want Cameroon to win too. We could have won the world cup in 2002 and 2010 with Eto'o in the team.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:58 pm Mendy should've done better to anticipate De Jong's floating cross - especially given its his favored pass from his repertoire. I saw it coming from a mile away. Senegal needs a draw in this game or they will have to win Ecuador (plus the gimme 3pts Qatar) to qualify.

where was the defence in picking up the run?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:39 pm
Collect your own too
Good one. 👍
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:09 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:01 pm isn't Gakpo a CIV man? isn't Depay a ghana man? i dey vex seeing all these Africans wounding us
Gakpo na Togo.

I knew Senegal was going to lose the game when it dragged on. African Countries always screw sheet up.
This game reminds me of our game against France in WC 2014. Close game most of the way. Then one late goal from screw up, and then another extra late goal. 2-0 FT.
Yes. This game and others involving African teams against European oppositions. It's that time-tested, evidence-based formula for beating African teams.
-Simpli fy -
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gakpo is their 10. So he came from a midfield position and someone from midfield should’ve picked him up. That’s probably Kouyate’s assignment if he is playing.

But I see some doomsday types in this thread. Senegal actually played really well. They did not look poor and ragged like Iran and Qatar. They are more than capable of handling both Ecuador and Qatar.
txj wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:44 pm

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

That loss was all on Mendy. Piss poor goalkeeping on both goals for Africa's so called best goalie.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:35 pm
Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:32 pm Ghana will show Senegal how it is done
Collect -

:rotf: :rotf:Wire am well well
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Na wah..I might have to stop watching this world cup because five 1st round exits will be too depressing.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

AreaDaddy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:56 pm Na wah..I might have to stop watching this world cup because five 1st round exits will be too depressing.
Every single time Ghana has been at the world cup, an African team makes it out of the group
This time will be no different
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He is being pilloried all over the place. Seny Dieng of QPR is their backup. He’s quite good but don’t think Cisse will change Edouard
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:50 pm Gakpo is their 10. So he came from a midfield position and someone from midfield should’ve picked him up. That’s probably Kouyate’s assignment if he is playing.

But I see some doomsday types in this thread. Senegal actually played really well. They did not look poor and ragged like Iran and Qatar. They are more than capable of handling both Ecuador and Qatar.
txj wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:44 pm

The run was from the box, going from left of the penalty area across the box
Kalidou was ball watching
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:01 pm
AreaDaddy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:56 pm Na wah..I might have to stop watching this world cup because five 1st round exits will be too depressing.
Every single time Ghana has been at the world cup, an African team makes it out of the group
This time will be no different
I hope so.
-Simpli fy -