[WC 2022] USA 1 (Weah) WALES 1 FT (Bale, PK)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] USA 1 (Weah) WALES 1 FT (Bale, PK)

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:06 pm CP no be am ESPN FC go finish am tonight
Injuries have finished CP but he no wan gree. He's a shadow of the player he was in 2019/2020. Body no be faya wood.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] USA 1 (Weah) WALES 1 (Bale, PK)

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:47 pm This Welsh team is not that good. USA should have been comfortable in this game with better overall execution.
You sound like Alexis Lalas :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He ran his mouth at halftime and now look. :lol: :lol:

The US is very talented but their inexperience and their coach has cost them this second half! Very difficult to coach an inexperienced team, no matter how talented they are... because they dont know how to control different aspects of the game, they dont know how to handle hardship or control their emotions etc etc. However, a better coach would have squeezed Wales in the beginning of the second half.
Lol. My brother we are saying the same thing. Belhalter took a 90 min nap on the bench. With a little shape & personnel adjustments, they tighten the spaces and keep everything in front of them. Wales had no creativity. Their only bet to score was through a set piece. Poor game management. Wait a minute ... me and Lalas are actually saying the same thing post game :rotf: :woot: :woot:
Alexi4Life, or Green4Lalas? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :taunt:

No worry bro, hopefully Friday will be different.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:58 pm I told y’all that they weren’t systematic and they expended too much energy. It was madness to plat at that tempo in the first half. Of course folks called me a hater but anyone who’s been watching the game for a while would’ve observed that this pace was not sustainable
Lol exactly! I was curious to see if they could sustain it because it seemed daft to me and yes, they started cramping and falling in the second half.

This is how Japan and South Africa play too. Just wait until they tire themselves out then pick them off strategically. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by airwolex on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Morris? Worst US player by a mile. Him and Roldan. Subs were poor, too many MLS players that cracked under pressure.

This is not a good position. England must win their 2nd game. You know if Iran has a good game in them, they will look to stick it to the USA.

This really is a loss of 2 points, as Landon Donovan said.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 pm
packerland wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:05 pm
King Futcha wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:03 pm Image

now this is a coach, he knew he got it wrong, didn't wait until the 80th minute to make changes.
Its’s ok bro. The US have a good record against England. How come Gio Reyna didn’t play?
he must he hurt, no other explanation.
Hmm..I hope he didn’t take the spot of someon who could’ve helped the team. I’m surprised Pefok didn’t make the team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Coach wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 pm @Bret, anything other than an absolute clobbering should draw the noose near to Gareth’s neck. The pass completion in the final third from both sides was Luton Town at best. England needn’t make hard work of this Pseudo-Iran.
Anything less than 4 Nutt should will be disappointing. I want these bandwagon usa fans to cry on black friday
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:15 pm
YUJAM wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:58 pm I told y’all that they weren’t systematic and they expended too much energy. It was madness to plat at that tempo in the first half. Of course folks called me a hater but anyone who’s been watching the game for a while would’ve observed that this pace was not sustainable
Lol exactly! I was curious to see if they could sustain it because it seemed daft to me and yes, they started cramping and falling in the second half.

This is how Japan and South Africa play too. Just wait until they tire themselves out then pick them off strategically. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dont mind them. They think this is like bombing a poor country for oil. Dem go hear wein. Ive already got my England jersey that will automatically self destruct after the game vs usa. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Im temporarily an England fan
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Well, you guys might have a point. A tournament is a marathon and not sprint. Maybe we pushed too hard? Experience matters I guess in things like this.

It seems like we are beaten up and injured. And that we don't have great depth in case starters can't play.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:39 pm

Well, you guys might have a point. A tournament is a marathon and not sprint. Maybe we pushed too hard? Experience matters I guess in things like this.

It seems like we are beaten up and injured. And that we don't have great depth in case starters can't play.
Oga mate, I don't know what others are saying in this thread, but I think Amelika tapped betta leda. I was genuinely impressed.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, did you stop watching after the interval? The US ran out of gas faster than the Nord Stream pipelines. Their susceptibility to the oldest trick in the book, the big galoot, was beyond ominous. Big Keif Moore sewed more doubts than a panic stricken needle and thread.

Fine collection of rainbow hairstyles and sharp fades, but they won’t be pulling up any daisies. Will be a case of who flogs Iran most goes through.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:48 pm
mate wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:39 pm

Oga mate, I don't know what others are saying in this thread, but I think Amelika tapped betta leda. I was genuinely impressed.

We were really good in the 1st half. Like I posted, I've not seen us play like that ever. We crossed a line, realizing what Klinsmann envisioned. We didn't have the players before, but seem to now.

But, it's a game of margins even with this. We messed up with the subs. Probably we don't have the depth too.

We'll get there. We all know it takes time and is not easy. Still...I'm disappointed.

Man would have it been nice to take 3 points. It's tough to swallow how we let it go. Sports can be cruel.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:53 pm @Mazi, did you stop watching after the interval? The US ran out of gas faster than the Nord Stream pipelines. Their susceptibility to the oldest trick in the book, the big galoot, was beyond ominous. Big Keif Moore sewed more doubts than a panic stricken needle and thread.

Fine collection of rainbow hairstyles and sharp fades, but they won’t be pulling up any daisies. Will be a case of who flogs Qatar most goes through.

I agree this is what happened.

But do you honestly believe Wales was alert to and reacted to this?

My sense is we surpassed and beat ourselves here...just not reckoning for the gas factor in overrunning.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

To be honest the US indecision and aimlessness in the final 3rd reminded me a lot of the SE. Good teams like France, Spain, England etc make it look easy, but it obviously isn't .

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:43 pm To be honest the US indecision and aimlessness in the final 3rd reminded me a lot of the SE. Good teams like France, Spain, England etc make it look easy, but it obviously isn't .

I get that.

But what is frustrating is we seemed close enough to break through being one of those teams that can be better...mind you, I didn't think we had this capability before this game.

As it was played, we should have been able to at least keep that lead, which was an extremely well crafted goal.

Odds are now we won't make the 2nd round on failing to preserve a lead after such a dominating 1st half.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:09 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:43 pm To be honest the US indecision and aimlessness in the final 3rd reminded me a lot of the SE. Good teams like France, Spain, England etc make it look easy, but it obviously isn't .

I get that.

But what is frustrating is we seemed close enough to break through being one of those teams that can be better...mind you, I didn't think we had this capability before this game.

As it was played, we should have been able to at least keep that lead, which was an extremely well crafted goal.

Odds are now we won't make the 2nd round on failing to preserve a lead after such a dominating 1st half.
What annoyed me is the way they gave up that PK, with Bale facing away from goal and not really much of a threat, who would ever advise a defender to lunge in like that from the back, that was very amateurish...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:21 am
mate wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:09 am

I get that.

What annoyed me is the way they gave up that PK, with Bale facing away from goal and not really much of a threat, who would ever advise a defender to lunge in like that from the back, that was very amateurish...

Agreed. And to boot I think it was Zimmerman...who I judged as a new breed, not making howlers like many of our defenders have in previous WCs.

I couldn't believe he did it. Like you said, absolutely no reason for it.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Where does the U.S captain play? Kid looks young. Adams or something like that. That was my man of the match. One heck of a player.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:29 am Where does the U.S captain play? Kid looks young. Adams or something like that. That was my man of the match. One heck of a player.
Tyler Adams baby! You obviously don’t watch the EPL. He played for RB Leipzig too. I believe he once scored a goal to knock out Athletico Madrid in the champions league quarterfinals.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:09 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 pm See Lalas :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai!! i dont think I have seen a felele this deflated, ever! :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i hate that guy. Wired him some serious slap on twitter and he said its because i hate Gingers. Mschew :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

100%Naija wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:26 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:09 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 pm See Lalas :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: kai!! i dont think I have seen a felele this deflated, ever! :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i hate that guy. Wired him some serious slap on twitter and he said its because i hate Gingers. Mschew :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e pain am!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?