Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2 FT

Post by mcal »

Orion wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:25 pm
fabio wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:13 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:18 pm This game even makes me despise Rohr more, that German fraud actually instilled the mindset into many of us that it was ok to lose to the team with "better" players, maybe that's why this present crop of Nigerian players are so mentally lazy and so quick to accept defeat...the Saudis aren't an elite team but look how how they played their lungs out today against one of the best teams in the world...e no go better for Rohr walahi
Speak for yourself. Some of us NEVER believed in Rohr low expectation mindset.

Hope you have learnt a valuable lesson. :taunt: :taunt:
Jesus Christ. Still moaning about Rohr a year later. Do you know why? Because every single thing you've done since sacking him has failed woefully. The problem was there BEFORE Rohr, and it has continued AFTER him.
...Amen to that.
We may (certainly I will suggest) struggle and not make it to the next afcon, not to talk of 2026 wc.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

where did the referee find 50 minutes from? even if they played till tomorrow, Argentian would not have scored, they were so predictable
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

ohsee wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:00 pm
Orion wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:20 pm That ref did everything in his power to help Argentina. Disgraceful. :boo:

Congrats to Saudi Arabia. I'm really happy for them. :clap:
Utterly shameless and blatant attempts by the ref to help the favoured team when they were losing. If FIFA is not careful, they will discredit and ruin a good thing with all this obvious mago-mago. :mad:
I concur, as early as 5 minutes, we already saw the game plan of FIFA and the referee, disgraceful acts, this is 2022, not 1964, no country has the divine right to show up and expect to win, having said this, England would have smashed 7 past saudi Arabia
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Another yay for having a good domestic league. All the saudis play at home and several are club mates. They lack “top level experience”. Thinking they might have scored more if they took the game to the argues.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:03 pm Another yay for having a good domestic league. All the saudis play at home and several are club mates. They lack “top level experience”. Thinking they might have scored more if they took the game to the argues.
Spot on!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Why did we never hire this Reynard guy when we had the chance? We always hire the wrong coaches...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:11 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:43 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:18 pm This game even makes me despise Rohr more, that German fraud actually instilled the mindset into many of us that it was ok to lose to the team with "better" players, maybe that's why this present crop of Nigerian players are so mentally lazy and so quick to accept defeat...the Saudis aren't an elite team but look how how they played their lungs out today against one of the best teams in the world...e no go better for Rohr walahi
...stop blaming Rohr, blame your oga thieves at the NFA.
The Saudi players were well motivated, well pampered, their coach well paid, and not owed a riyal.
Now can you say that about your people?
Keshi and Rohr worked under similar circumstances.

Mindset is also important.

Keshi believed in his team (AfCon winner and WC 2nd Round).

Rohr believed you needed players in the ECL and other top leagues in the world. (AfCon bronze and WC Group stages)

Have you ever wondered how much more we could've achieved with Keshi given the right management support?

It is us Nigerians who enable poor leadership...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:55 pm Why did we never hire this Reynard guy when we had the chance? We always hire the wrong coaches...
Maybe he believed in local players.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:07 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:55 pm Why did we never hire this Reynard guy when we had the chance? We always hire the wrong coaches...
Maybe he needed to get paid.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

txj wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:03 pm Have you ever wondered how much more we could've achieved with Keshi given the right management support?

It is us Nigerians who enable poor leadership...
I agree with you.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:11 pm
If he was given a Ferrari, Redbull or Mercedes (F1), he would find himself in the back of the grid.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bingo! He wasn’t down with our layaway payment plan.
Last edited by packerland on Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The NFF took one look at him and ran away because he's not the kind of dude that'll put up with their nonsense. S.hit attracts s.hit.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kai, we are just not serious...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Nice try! He won with Ivory Coast and all their foreign players. The only local player was the GK. We have Akpeyi & Noble for that.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:44 pm
The NFF took one look at him and ran away because he's not the kind of dude that'll put up with their nonsense. S.hit attracts s.hit.
Gbam.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Coaches want to be paid
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

airwolex wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:56 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:44 pm
Gbam.
Yep! Our NFF act like BP. They sign contract with these coaches and then after a month of two they convert how much the coach is being paid in Naira and then stop issuing payment on time. Bigpokey was crying how much Peseiro was being paid until someone posted how much the top 15 coaches make and he kept quiet.

Yes, most soccer players , coaches and top athletes in general are overpaid but that’s the market rate in their line of business.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:35 pm My God, we have suffered sha! And Renard was once available, but our FA decided we do not deserve good thing
You read my mind. Na wa.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia 1-2

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Imagine the sheer arrogance! :oops:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/mundi ... 419/page-6
Argentina fan from Argentina forum wrote:
I wouldnt be surprise if their players and fans are just waiting for autograph and swapping jersey with European and South American star players. Trying to win the WC is clearly not their objective. Its like when teams like USA and Russia hosting a tournament. We beat USA 4-0 at their home in 2016 cause they're simply limited.

If we scores 1 or 2 inside first 30 minutes, I could see Saudi also folding and getting thrashed by the final whistle.
https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/mundi ... 419/page-5
Another Argentina fan from Argentina forum wrote:
No one can tell me Messi can not score at least 2 goals vs Saudi.

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:52 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:51 pm We had the chance to hire Madam Kofos baby daddy but the nff chose ****. I hate that I was born a Nigerian these days.
Take out music from Nigeria, we're actually an overrated joke of noise makers.
Abeg don't sleep on our movies plus world's best jollof rice :thumbs:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I just watched the Saudis deservedly beat Argentina. And skimmed through Denmark vs Tunisia. For me, this reinforces that Islamic teams are motivated in their environment...and you better be prepared.

Argentina can only blame themselves. Why play so tight on offsides in attack when hi-tech now will catch it. Plus they just didn't look very creative and incisive in the last 1/3.

Saudi Arabia lost to Croatia last week in a friendly 1-0. They should have scored 2 and did decent. We scored at will when we brought on the A team late, but avoided hard play and injury. Still, the Saudis showed some serious class.

But this is a warning sign for Croatia with Morocco tomorrow. I'm glad we're seeing these Islamic countries, except Qatar, are not going to be a pushover.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?