[WC 2022] GERMANY 1(Gundogan, PK) JAPAN 2(Doan, Asano) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] GERMANY !(Gundogan, PK) JAPAN 0

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:51 pm 2-0 Die Manschaft

Das futbol!
:taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] GERMANY 1(Gundogan, PK) JAPAN 2(Doan, Asano) FT

Post by mate »

hestonap wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:17 pm
hestonap wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:04 pm Nigeria was beating Japan 3-0 in the mid-1990s. When one expresses one's frustration about many things Nigeria, e be like say person to talk. We are retrogressing so badly it's beyond tragic. The current we are unable to handle while the future is rapidly being taking away from us. Our lack of seriousness means we can't provide the enabling environment for our 'locals' to thrive while our unseriousness means we are sadly unlikely to attract the best diaspora talent to lace up for us. Like I said, it is just so %$#@^& exhausting
What changed since then? Back then all their players played in thr J league. Rewind to the present, all their players except the goal keeper plays professionally. Five of their midfielders that played today play in the Bundesliga. Talk about knowing your opposition very well.

The German NT & their clubs play similar system. That is why Bayern snatches up all the good players from other german clubs. The only difference is Bayern have the money to add other international players. We are here debating LC vs FC.
Bros,

It was only a matter of time before our football caught up with the general rot of our Nigerian state. I still say 1994/90s was an anomaly. We had an accidental collection go great players with a decent agent mix of experience and youth. A single minded and motivated coach even if he was tactically limited and a very supportive sole admin in Amos Adamu and the late Aikhomu. What happened after, we truly could not really Marshall or build on our success.

I will always have a lot of time for the late big boss Keshi. What that man did for us in 2013 was nothing short of a miracle when one considers the profile of players he had.

Anyway, all is leftt Is for one to observe and enjoy football as a neutral because as a Nigerian, it is just too painful to observe what we have allowed to happen to us.

Right on point for me. I used this idea from you on another thread.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Donzman wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:07 pm Shame on those who said the WC won't be sweet.

It is very sweet!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nna, I never said any such thing. :lol: This World Cup has been sweeting me since day 1. :D Except for today when my African boys playing for Canada revealed their genetic roots, and were unable to finish like typical Africans. :lol:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man we used to bully Japan in the 90s and 2000s. Now these guys are beating Germany while we are struggling to qualify for the WC. Where did it all go wrong for Nigerian football? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

hestonap wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:04 pm Nigeria was beating Japan 3-0 in the mid-1990s. When one expresses one's frustration about many things Nigeria, e be like say person to talk. We are retrogressing so badly it's beyond tragic. The current we are unable to handle while the future is rapidly being taking away from us. Our lack of seriousness means we can't provide the enabling environment for our 'locals' to thrive while our unseriousness means we are sadly unlikely to attract the best diaspora talent to lace up for us. Like I said, it is just so %$#@^& exhausting
What changed since then? Back then all their players played in thr J league. Rewind to the present, all their players except the goal keeper plays professionally. Five of their midfielders that played today play in the Bundesliga. Talk about knowing your opposition very well.

The German NT & their clubs play similar system. That is why Bayern snatches up all the good players from other german clubs. The only difference is Bayern have the money to add other international players. We are here debating LC vs FC.
But the J league is their foundation. I watched Japan u17 and u20 women team and they all play the same way with their male counterparts. If Nigeria wants to go back to its glory years, the NPFL needs to be overhauled. Our best players from 16-at least 19 should be playing in the NPFL. The standards need to improve, Coaching, tactics, scouting, recruitment, diet, etc. This is where our footballing philosophy will come from.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:30 am

But the J league is their foundation. I watched Japan u17 and u20 women team and they all play the same way with their male counterparts. If Nigeria wants to go back to its glory years, the NPFL needs to be overhauled. Our best players from 16-at least 19 should be playing in the NPFL. The standards need to improve, Coaching, tactics, scouting, recruitment, diet, etc. This is where our footballing philosophy will come from.
But even in our glory days the players in the NPFL were not some 16 and 19 year olds. Before I came to the US, my family owned a business right next to Udorgi United club house, and I hung around with some of the players that knew my uncle. I can tell you for sure that none of the players were the same age as me. I was 16 at that time. I also watched a couple Rangers united games at the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium with my uncle. The point I’m making is that our players in the NPFL are much older than they claim.

Other than that, I agree with everything you said.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Good points.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

While Germans, with a history of nazism and anti-immigrants sentiments, were more concerned about running their mouth, this is what Japan did.

P.s-- Japan, which focused on football, won the game.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:23 am

But even in our glory days the players in the NPFL were not some 16 and 19 year olds. Before I came to the US, my family owned a business right next to Udorgi United club house, and I hung around with some of the players that knew my uncle. I can tell you for sure that none of the players were the same age as me. I was 16 at that time. I also watched a couple Rangers united games at the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium with my uncle. The point I’m making is that our players in the NPFL are much older than they claim.

Thats the problem. these clubs go out of their way to recruit overaged players. Its so bad that NPFL players are not allowed into the U17s anymore. Its easy to recruit kids to play. Just go to the streets, Secondary Schools, Universities etc. You dont even need MRI.

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:42 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:23 am

Thats the problem. these clubs go out of their way to recruit overaged players. Its so bad that NPFL players are not allowed into the U17s anymore. Its easy to recruit kids to play. Just go to the streets, Secondary Schools, Universities etc. You dont even need MRI.
I agree
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .