[WC 2022] BELGIUM 1(Batshuayi) CANADA FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] BELGIUM 1(Batshuayi) CANADA 0

Post by Ekorian »

smallpikin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:28 pm Canada look very similar to African teams in the style of play ( a lot of huff and puff) and wayward finishing. Any better finishing, and they should, at the least, be on parity with the Belgians.
Comical at best
The better team lost but that's football :atc:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Africa is yet to score a goal so far. Counting on the plantanians to score tomorrow.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

lol..dem dey find goal and dey pass ball back ...dem get plenty to learn.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:56 pm AS good as Davies is, he failed in the big moment. He missed a penalty. And didn't make incisive passes after he created space.

Margins. Always the margins.

And I'll bore you with the obvious: Canada got JOBBED by that no call on the 2nd penalty.

WTF can we say about that? Maybe Belgium got gifted with 3 points. I think so. Unfair. Cruel.

This. This all day.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Ok oh

I now have a conspiracy forming in my head :bored: :sad:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] BELGIUM 0 CANADA 0

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 pm Well, Canada blew it.

You have to make that penalty.

Terrible shot against a great goalie.

That said...I have to admit Canada look good.
Fonzie should never have taken that penalty. He is not the regular penalty taker for the team, nor does he take them for Bayern. He got caught up in the hype and tried to be the hero. He was largely ineffectual in this game. To speak the unspeakable, Canada plays better without Fonzie. Canada is good, but good in midfield without end result means nada. Missed way too many chances. And we got caught with a sucker punch just before halftime.

Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Ref should have allowed that last play to finish but ah well.... Football is cruel, but hopefully this one has passed now and they can calm their nerves. Too much hype surrounding Davies heading into the game, first was the injury, never seen a country more concerned about one muscle. He decided to go for glory and didn't execute the penalty well. Courtois came up big like he always does. It's the best 0 point performance I've seen in this WC and they proved their position to be at the WC. Belgium didn't look like the 2nd best team in the world. They can look at the stats and be proud. On to the next game.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:15 pm I thought David or Hutchinson would’ve taken the pk. The good thing is that they didn’t fight for the ball.
Correct.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 pm Ok oh

"I want you all to please take your minds
Out of this musical contraption
And put your minds into any goddamn church
Any goddamn mosque
Any goddamn Celestical
Including Seraphoom and Cheruboom.."
-Simpli fy -
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ekorian wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:57 pm
smallpikin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:28 pm Canada look very similar to African teams in the style of play ( a lot of huff and puff) and wayward finishing. Any better finishing, and they should, at the least, be on parity with the Belgians.
Comical at best
The better team lost but that's football :atc:
Don’t we always say we are the better team when we out dribble our opposition and sky a few shots out of bounds and end up losing the match. Someone living on this forum said Nigeria would’ve beaten Portugal by 2-1 if things bounced our way.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:16 pm They had a chance to score the rebound but they weren't composed enough
Yes my broda. This is the World Cup, not CONCACAF. You gats to bury your half chances.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
The pundits on BBC were saying the problem was Batshuayi failing to be on the same wavelength as KDB. Totally ignored KDB being off his game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 pm Ok oh

I get tempted to think the same. It used to be, but I think tech and scrutiny make this harder. More often it's bias I think.

You all know this as Africans. I know it as a Croatian. Refs get intimidated by the more glamorous teams, typically the big Western Europeans, Brazil, and Argentina...and cave in.

In the opening game of Brazil vs Croatia WC 2014, I believe the Japanese ref conspired to ensure Brazil got 3 points. Don't need to get into details, but you can review the goals.

In the final of WC 2018, the referee allowed a clear dive by Griezmann to stand that led to a goal. And an impossible to avoid handball penalty against Perisic. If it were France on the receiving end, I believe the ref would have called in France's favor.

Today might be a genuine mistake. Again, they seem to be against the underdog. Or suddenly new rules surge against the underdog.

Complete BS.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Fonzie should never have taken that penalty. He is not the regular penalty taker for the team, nor does he take them for Bayern. He got caught up in the hype and tried to be the hero. He was largely ineffectual in this game. To speak the unspeakable, Canada plays better without Fonzie. Canada is good, but good in midfield without end result means nada. Missed way too many chances. And we got caught with a sucker punch just before halftime.

Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
Damn. Hopefully he'll learn. I remember seeing Canada dismantle Mexico without him. All is not lost yet, would fancy Canada over Croatia and Morocco right now.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

joplass wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:27 pm Can you believe Canada winning this game? ohsee will go on a drinking frenzy
:rotf: :rotf:
I don't drink anymore, but if they won, I would have broken out the Madeira! :biggrin:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Fonzie, I'll use your term :) , did well. He just went too far, like you said.

That penalty was lousy. He clearly was afraid and choked.

He created well, but indeed tried to be the hero and ultimately over dribbled and refused to pass in a critical moment.

He can learn...but hopefully not against Croatia.

:rotf:

Well done by your team. I didn't expect this. If Canada builds on this, the future looks bright.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The Zambia almost blew before the full 5 mins added time. Blew right on the dot of 5 minutes
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Croatia is not Belgium.
-Simpli fy -
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Belgium made to look very ordinary. They should be worried about the matches against Croatia and Morocco

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:46 pm Canada following the decent African team script so far. Hope this game has a different ending
My bros, you got it right. It did not have a different ending. And it is likely they will go home after the first round with lessons learned for 2026.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This Canadian team reminds me so much of the Nigerian '94 team, first world cup and very exciting football, only difference is we had better finishers
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 pm Croatia is not Belgium.
True. We're World Cup defending 2nd place and Belgium is defending 3rd place.

Thanks for bringing it up.

:rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:10 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
The pundits on BBC were saying the problem was Batshuayi failing to be on the same wavelength as KDB. Totally ignored KDB being off his game.
I don't remember a game where he has dominated for Belgium like he does for City. For City, when Kevin gets the ball, e malu na egwu di :lol: (you know say frightening things are about to happun) :lol: But for Belgium, you know nothing will happen. :lol: