[WC 2022] Switzerland vs Cameroon(1-0) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Switzerland vs Cameroon(1-0)

Post by bret- hart »

AndroMeda wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:36 pm
bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:28 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:19 pm I said it that Nigeria has the most talented individual players in Africa, we are just dis-organized in everything we do! let this be a lesson, African football has not improved, the likes of Tunisia and Morocco look organized in comparison, the west African sides do not have a chance, just hope Ghana can redeem Africa pride against Portugal later!
I keep saying Cameroon is garbage. It's not hate it's facts. Nigeria by far have better players than other African countries. It's corruption and incompetent that is holding us back.
Are we talking about the same Nigerian team that recently played against Portugal?
I'm honestly struggling to see where these so called better players are.
What have Cameroon done at the World Cup aside from the fluke 1990 run? What? aside from embarrass yourselves and the continent. You guys have NEVER been good enough.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:36 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:19 pm I said it that Nigeria has the most talented individual players in Africa, we are just dis-organized in everything we do! let this be a lesson, African football has not improved, the likes of Tunisia and Morocco look organized in comparison, the west African sides do not have a chance, just hope Ghana can redeem Africa pride against Portugal later!
I keep saying Cameroon is garbage. It's not hate it's facts. Nigeria by far have better players than other African countries. It's corruption and incompetent that is holding us back.
Are we talking about the same Nigerian team that recently played against Portugal?
What have Cameroon done at the World Cup aside from the fluke 1990 run? What? aside from embarrass yourselves and the continent. You guys have NEVER been good enough.
Aside from Victor Osimhen we don’t have better players, abeg stop this delusion…if we had them we wouldn’t be in the predicament we are in. This delusion is also part of why we are where we are. We’ve had even worse corruption in previous generations where we won trophies and actually had the best players on the continent. So let’s stop with the BS, actually assess where we are actually at and make a plan to improve…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:41 pm
Aside from Victor Osimhen we don’t have better players, abeg stop this delusion…if we had them we wouldn’t be in the predicament we are in. This delusion is also part of why we are where we are. We’ve had even worse corruption in previous generations where we won trophies and actually had the best players on the continent. So let’s stop with the BS, actually assess where we are actually at and make a plan to improve…
Oh shut up. No player is good enough for you unless he was born in Europe. You said it yourself that Vic Osimhen was not good enough after the 2019 AFCON. Now you are backpedaling like Celestine Babayaro. Gerrrout.

If Nigeria paraded the likes of Choupo Moting i would instantly vomit.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mblack wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:24 pm This was a very disappointing performance. Song literally gave the advantage to Switzerland by taking off two of his most lively and agressive players.

That game in my opinion needed another attacking midfielder because Cameroon was putting the center defenders under pressure especially the #4.

There was a big gap behind Choupo so another attacking midfielder could have used that space especially with how high Onana was playing (pushing the defense up and creating a “numerical” advantage on the field). That was the gap we could have exploited especially when they went a goal down.
Also, Mbuemo was the best thing they had that could play wide off the 18 with a few ocassional incuts.

The defenders had to account for him so they had to spread out thus giving Choupo space.
You take him off and all you get are errant crosses going from left to right from the wing backs. Crazy that even the basics eluded him.

I have no idea what Aboubakar offered. I saw at least two terrible errant passes from him plus the near penalty he almost gave up. He used to be fast and commanding in the air but he lost a step, is playing in a lower tier league and has been off for a while (he was training with a Cameroon first division team to stay fit)
Coach, when you hire someone because he is your friend and not because he us qualified, what do you expect? Only in Cameroon would Nkoulou start over Wooh. For the first time in my life ever, I watched a game where a player did not pass any ball forward
I am talking about Nkoulou. He did not make any pass forward. It was so bad Onana had to play both as a keeper and a defender.
Eto’o hired someone he could control. There he has it.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cameroon played well, unfortunately this is as far as they can come
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:44 am
mblack wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:24 pm This was a very disappointing performance. Song literally gave the advantage to Switzerland by taking off two of his most lively and agressive players.

That game in my opinion needed another attacking midfielder because Cameroon was putting the center defenders under pressure especially the #4.

There was a big gap behind Choupo so another attacking midfielder could have used that space especially with how high Onana was playing (pushing the defense up and creating a “numerical” advantage on the field). That was the gap we could have exploited especially when they went a goal down.
Also, Mbuemo was the best thing they had that could play wide off the 18 with a few ocassional incuts.

The defenders had to account for him so they had to spread out thus giving Choupo space.
You take him off and all you get are errant crosses going from left to right from the wing backs. Crazy that even the basics eluded him.

I have no idea what Aboubakar offered. I saw at least two terrible errant passes from him plus the near penalty he almost gave up. He used to be fast and commanding in the air but he lost a step, is playing in a lower tier league and has been off for a while (he was training with a Cameroon first division team to stay fit)
Coach, when you hire someone because he is your friend and not because he us qualified, what do you expect? Only in Cameroon would Nkoulou start over Wooh. For the first time in my life ever, I watched a game where a player did not pass any ball forward
I am talking about Nkoulou. He did not make any pass forward. It was so bad Onana had to play both as a keeper and a defender.
Eto’o thought all Cameroon needed were those his made for TV motivational speeches and they would go all the way. He has to shoulder some of the blame for the poor showing. Song is no tactician, in my book.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:36 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:44 am

Eto’o thought all Cameroon needed were those his made for TV motivational speeches and they would go all the way. He has to shoulder some of the blame for the poor showing. Song is no tactician, in my book.
Eto'o has developed a cult of personality among Cameroonians. He hired his bro who is doing the same thing. Compare messages on Song's hats to the emblem on the Senegalese coach's hat. A contrast a mile wide. Between those two knuckleheads, Cameroon will end this WC with no goal scored.

Eto'o so far is doing a great job with the local league but he is clueless when comes to the Lions. If he wants a local coach, Song is not it.

They could have elected someone else president of Fecafoot then name Eto'o the commissionaire of the national league.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] Switzerland vs Cameroon(1-0) FT

Post by smallpikin »

Reading Cameroun media, it appears police had to protect Embolo’s family home in Yaoundé to avoid angry Camerounese burning the one down for Embolo daring to score for his country Switzerland against his home of birth, Cameroun.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:49 am Reading Cameroun media, it appears police had to protect Embolo’s family home in Yaoundé to avoid angry Camerounese burning the one down for Embolo daring to score for his country Switzerland against his home of birth, Cameroun.
Have they forgotten that Cameroon does not recognize dual nationality?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:49 am Reading Cameroun media, it appears police had to protect Embolo’s family home in Yaoundé to avoid angry Camerounese burning the one down for Embolo daring to score for his country Switzerland against his home of birth, Cameroun.
Very small mentality.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

joplass wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:05 pm
Very small mentality.
If rumors are anything to go by, they should be directing their anger and frustrations at Eto’o and his Utopia Group friends for not letting him play for his country
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Cameroon has been lousy but it is disingenuous to suggest that their 1990 run was a fluke

They had some great players and it showed

Let’s not create alternative facts to make a point
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

bamenda boy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:04 am
Same way there is no Anglophone problem in Cameroon
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mblack wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:55 pm
I know we are not supposed to mix sports and politics, but ever since those 25 kids were killed in Ngarrbuh and Eto'o said nothing, I lost all the little respect I had for him. The worse part about it is that he was a UNICEF ambassador. Then he went and said on T.V how he'll vote for Biya. Went to Limbe before the nations cup with security guards and said he is working without security guards that everything is fine. To top it off, a journalist by the name Ernest Obama who said Anglophones should be wiped off the map of Cameroon (a very dangerous rhetoric that wiped out ethnic groups in Rwanda), is the same person Eto'o has chosen as his main media man.

Rumors have it that the constitution of Fecafoot stipulates that if the President is Francophone, the V.P must be Anglophone. The guys new administration has one Anglophone as 4th V.P. , son of late Njalla Quan.
Now let's say appointments are based on merits. You want to convince me that there are no Anglophones qualified to work under his administration?

I just di look the minni Dictator in the making di laugh. As soon as he became president, they changed the constitution from one term of four years(5?), to 7 years. And he didn't oppose it.
Smfh
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

bamenda boy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:49 pm
I know we are not supposed to mix sports and politics, but ever since those 25 kids were killed in Ngarrbuh and Eto'o said nothing, I lost all the little respect I had for him. The worse part about it is that he was a UNICEF ambassador. Then he went and said on T.V how he'll vote for Biya. Went to Limbe before the nations cup with security guards and said he is working without security guards that everything is fine. To top it off, a journalist by the name Ernest Obama who said Anglophones should be wiped off the map of Cameroon (a very dangerous rhetoric that wiped out ethnic groups in Rwanda), is the same person Eto'o has chosen as his main media man.

Rumors have it that the constitution of Fecafoot stipulates that if the President is Francophone, the V.P must be Anglophone. The guys new administration has one Anglophone as 4th V.P. , son of late Njalla Quan.
Now let's say appointments are based on merits. You want to convince me that there are no Anglophones qualified to work under his administration?

I just di look the minni Dictator in the making di laugh. As soon as he became president, they changed the constitution from one term of four years(5?), to 7 years. And he didn't oppose it.
Smfh
I believe Eto’o is modeling himself as something bigger than just FECAFOOT. He clearly wants to become president of Cameroon in future, a la George Weah. Unfortunately he is every bit as dirty as other [francophone] Camerounese politicians.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

smallpikin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:35 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:49 pm

Smfh
I believe Eto’o is modeling himself as something bigger than just FECAFOOT. He clearly wants to become president of Cameroon in future, a la George Weah. Unfortunately he is every bit as dirty as other [francophone] Camerounese politicians.
How will Cameroon vote for an illiterate person to be the president is beyond me but this is Cameroon.