Day of Reckoning for African Teams

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Day of Reckoning for African Teams

Post by AreaDaddy »

Can we get a win from the first round of matches. It is all down to Cameroon and Ghana.

It's hard for me to say which is more likely I think Ghana is the stronger of the 2 teams, but Cameroon has the more winnable fixture.

Make we dey see.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Day of Reckoning for African Teams

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:41 am Can we get a win from the first round of matches. It is all down to Cameroon and Ghana.

It's hard for me to say which is more likely I think Ghana is the stronger of the 2 teams, but Cameroon has the more winnable fixture.

Make we dey see.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: win wetin, they should all just come home and follow all of us play AFCON qualifiers ... nah our levels be that
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:50 pm
AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:41 am Can we get a win from the first round of matches. It is all down to Cameroon and Ghana.

Make we dey see.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: win wetin, they should all just come home and follow all of us play AFCON qualifiers ... nah our levels be that
At this rate they will reduce our spots back to 3 or 2. :sad:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I just woke up to see dat Cameroon lost again at the WC. Thank goodness I didn’t stay up for the game. Sleep sweet o! :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

African teams are garbage. End of story :atc: :boo: :cry:

No surprises we are seeing what we are seeing.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Comrade Machel wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:43 pm African teams are garbage. End of story :atc: :boo: :cry:

No surprises we are seeing what we are seeing.
well 9 African teams will be in the WC in 2026
SuperEagles

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Gone from a day of reckoning to a game of reckoning.

Ghana v Portugal, can CAF get its first win (or even it first goal) in the 1st round. It all comes down to this game.
---
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

AreaDaddy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:17 pm Gone from a day of reckoning to a game of reckoning.

Ghana v Portugal, can CAF get its first win (or even it first goal) in the 1st round. It all comes down to this game.
just letting you know , I am not supporting ghana in this game and do not wish them well at all
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

African teams have failed woefully
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:11 pm African teams have failed woefully
Calm down guys. There are a few more winnable games for African teams.

None of the teams have been embarrassed so far. Other than Cameroon, they’ve put in some cohesive performances and have lost against very good teams by really small margins. But y’all look at the glass half empty with little consideration for the actual reality. Even Senegal, the highest ranked team, lost to a side with a plus 20 winning streak and is ranked much higher.

Take this negativity elsewhere please.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:18 pm

None of the teams have been embarrassed so far. Other than Cameroon, they’ve put in some cohesive performances and have lost against very good teams by really small margins. But y’all look at the glass half empty with little consideration for the actual reality. Even Senegal, the highest ranked team, lost to a side with a plus 20 winning streak and is ranked much higher.

Well said, it is almost as if people are watching competitive football for the first time. The African teams played well, and have every chance in the second round.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ghana seems to be our best hope to make it out the group stages if they can stay disciplined. Hopefully we get at least one team out.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

sorry apart from Tunisia, Morocco, who have at least a point, it will be a tall order for Cameroon, Ghana and Senegal
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:21 pm I just woke up to see dat Cameroon lost again at the WC. Thank goodness I didn’t stay up for the game. Sleep sweet o! :mrgreen:
Our coaches are wack too. I recorded the game and watched it after waking up at 8 am Toronto time. Somebody should gi Rigobart Song seven dirty slaps to run concurrently for subbing Choupo-Moting, the best player on the field. :mad: And bringing on the statue Abubakar in his place. :veryangry: :veryangry:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:20 pm

Well said, it is almost as if people are watching competitive football for the first time. The African teams played well, and have every chance in the second round.
Chief, we are tired of "playing well" in every World Cup. If we don't vex, we will not have the ambition to do better, and will just be satisfied with mediocrity. Our footie explains everything about Africa.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Three points (or even a point) in hand is always better than six points in the bush as the saying goes.
---
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The quality of football from all the African teams so far have been decent,which shows improvement, but my God... the absolute show of clueless decision making in the final third couldn't be more frustrating to watch
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

It's marko :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The way Portugal executed the passing from midfield to the Ghanaian box for their 2nd and 3rd goals were a beauty to watch. THAT'S how you execute in the final 3rd!

Ghana's second goal a beautiful too. Simple cross and crashing header into the net!

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:39 pm

Chief, we are tired of "playing well" in every World Cup. If we don't vex, we will not have the ambition to do better, and will just be satisfied with mediocrity. Our footie explains everything about Africa.
weren't you just celebrating canada playing well.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The prognosis doesnt look good, lets see how the second round will go , surely we will start seeing some Ws now that the back is on the wall

So far:
Tunisia exceeded my expectations of them
Senegal was a disappointment - not a good representation as African Champions
Cameroon - was the most disappointing for me, I expected a bit more drive from them but they seem to be suffering from self doubt
Ghana - the most impressive team so far but in a losing effort, not much consolation here as they could have held Portugal
Morocco - From an outcomes perspective, the best effort so far and most likely to advance if at all

I wont close the door on African teams yet as its just round 1 but mental toughness will determine what comes next
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:50 pm

Where?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:02 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:50 pm

Where?
forgetting things already clay? :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.