[WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:39 am I cannot support Ghana at the WC, not because they picked up the qualifying ticket ahead of us but because of their antics after qualifying for the WC.
Their media led a lot of disinformation about Nigeria. Firstly, they claimed their players and fans were attacked by Nigerian fans which turned out to be untrue as the Nigerian fans only vented their frustration on infrastructure in the stadium.
Secondly, their media claimed that rampaging Nigerian fans killed the FIFA medical officer who died after the game. This news was published in media outlets all over the world and it was also found to be false as the medical officer had a heart attack and died in hospital.
These false reports were meant to paint Nigeria in a bad light globally and also place severe FIFA sanctions on Nigeria.
That was beyond gamesmanship and revealed their true intentions towards Nigeria
I personally don't give a $#% about them, that's why I refuse to join the useless and over-simplified pan-african notion of supporting a team because "they are fellow Africans"...perspective is very much needed here and your posts highlighted all the reasons why I could care less about supporting Ghana or their world cup outing considering how very toxic their media was towards us, I was absolutely and unapologetically a Portugal fan today. The only African team I'm supporting is Senegal, I really hope they turn it around today with a win.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:39 am I cannot support Ghana at the WC, not because they picked up the qualifying ticket ahead of us but because of their antics after qualifying for the WC.
Their media led a lot of disinformation about Nigeria. Firstly, they claimed their players and fans were attacked by Nigerian fans which turned out to be untrue as the Nigerian fans only vented their frustration on infrastructure in the stadium.
Secondly, their media claimed that rampaging Nigerian fans killed the FIFA medical officer who died after the game. This news was published in media outlets all over the world and it was also found to be false as the medical officer had a heart attack and died in hospital.
These false reports were meant to paint Nigeria in a bad light globally and also place severe FIFA sanctions on Nigeria.
I feel the same way.
They moved the venue of the first leg into the bush. Then they tried to injure our players by refusing to provide the proper stairs to exit the plane.
We know the real reason the match was moved to the bush (because they still believe and practice Juju).
The officials were compromised
A blatant penalty awarded when a Ghanaian player handled the ball while on the floor before his leg got tangled with Nacho’s was overturned.
Constant fouling and kicking our players and no yellow cards awarded. Osimhen mask was tampered with by the Ghanian players. They were constantly hacking him down. They fouled Balogun who complained constantly during the game.

Second leg Victor Osimhen scored Nigeria’s second goal but was overturned by VAR.

They were so desperate to go to the World Cup. Unfortunately for them the fouls are punished at that level and they got exposed.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

folem wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:19 am
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:32 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 pm Just seeing the goals nows. Rafael Leao looks offside there...
Certainly. If that Ecuador goal was off cos of a player's foot, this one definitely was
Yeah, we say all these lines at the stadium yesterday.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:44 am
I personally don't give a $#% about them, that's why I refuse to join the useless and over-simplified pan-african notion of supporting a team because "they are fellow Africans"...perspective is very much needed here and your posts highlighted all the reasons why I could care less about supporting Ghana or their world cup outing considering how very toxic their media was towards us, I was absolutely and unapologetically a Portugal fan today. The only African team I'm supporting is Senegal, I really hope they turn it around today with a win.
To each his own. Dammy gave reasons why he wouldn't support Ghana. Simple.
Why don't you state yours without using such words. Anyone could also deem
your post "useless".
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest glad ghana lost...why start a game being a coward ? Park the freaking bus...they are dead last . Watch them push up against Korea and boom chop goals..when you have babe Rahman still playing you ain't serious.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:28 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:17 pm 3-2 down with minutes remaining and rather than run the ball to the centre spot, you’re doing a bootleg Ronny Whooosh!!! Naive.
yes coach im sure those ten seconds of celebrating cost them the game, im sure portugal would have kicked off right away had they ran the ball to the center circle. thats it.
Mentality. You’re 3-2 down and wild celebrations in a position of defeat says it all. A team is most vulnerable after conceding. That Ronny Whoosh would’ve been greeted by fists in certain dressing rooms.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

folem wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:32 am
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm VAR plus referee won the game for Portugal, was a shame VAR did not take a look at Ronaldo dive, sorry African teams are not it, will take another century for us to get our act together, we just cannot compete at this level, no matter how much we try, we come ill prepared to every major tournament, we are just there to make up the numbers, its sickening to watch, we need to remove our personal emotions from African teams and be neutral moving forward, Like I said, England and France, it is for me!
Why Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty for Portugal vs. Ghana didn't go to a full VAR review

Possible penalty overturn: Salisu foul on Ronaldo
What happened: Portugal were awarded a penalty in the 62nd minute when Cristiano Ronaldo was knocked over by Mohammed Salisu.

VAR decision: Penalty stands, scored by Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo just got a touch on the ball ahead of Mohammed Salisu. EPA/Rolex dela Pena

VAR review: This only required a quick check by the VAR, United States referee Armando Villarreal.

Replays showed that Ronaldo definitely got to the ball first ahead of Salisu before there was contact on the Portugal striker's boot and upper body.

Even though this could certainly be considered a soft penalty, we have to look at it in VAR terms; it would not be seen as a clear and obvious error by the match referee, fellow American official Ismail Elfath. Equally, if the referee hadn't given the penalty, it's unlikely the VAR would have advised a spot kick.

If Salisu had gotten to the ball first before Ronaldo, this would have been grounds for a full review, but unfortunately for the Ghana defender, he failed to do so.

Portugal were awarded a penalty for a foul by Mohammed Salisu on Cristiano Ronaldo. Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Ronaldo also thought he had scored in the 31st minute, but the referee had already blown for a foul against him for a push on Alexander Djiku. The VAR is unable to review anything after the referee's whistle, so he cannot look back at the foul to award the goal.
Sorry, this doesn't work for me. Football is not netball. Even if you get to the ball first, it means little. If you are slow, you will be outwitted on the ball. Salisu still got a part of the ball, nonetheless. Who got to the ball first is just a matter of opinion.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:31 am
I feel the same way.
They moved the venue of the first leg into the bush. Then they tried to injure our players by refusing to provide the proper stairs to exit the plane.
We know the real reason the match was moved to the bush (because they still believe and practice Juju).
A blatant penalty awarded when a Ghanaian player handled the ball while on the floor before his leg got tangled with Nacho’s was overturned.
Constant fouling and kicking our players and no yellow cards awarded. Osimhen mask was tampered with by the Ghanian players. They were constantly hacking him down. They fouled Balogun who complained constantly during the game.

Second leg Victor Osimhen scored Nigeria’s second goal but was overturned by VAR.

They were so desperate to go to the World Cup. Unfortunately for them the fouls are punished at that level and they got exposed.
Cape Coast isn't a bush o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Been there before. That hood probably gets Ghana its most tourism dollars, considering that Kakum National Park and Elmina Castle are nearby. Michelle Obama once visited the place because I think her roots are there.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I feel the same way.

All wouldn't have mattered if Uzoho hadn't been such a big basket. Supporting Ghana all the way for me.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Just hope an African team or 2 will qualify for the next round, if Saudi Arabia can beat the almighty Argentina, something Nigeria have failed to do at every world cup, then that means anything is possible
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Coach wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:15 pm
King Futcha wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:28 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:17 pm 3-2 down with minutes remaining and rather than run the ball to the centre spot, you’re doing a bootleg Ronny Whooosh!!! Naive.
yes coach im sure those ten seconds of celebrating cost them the game, im sure portugal would have kicked off right away had they ran the ball to the center circle. thats it.
Mentality. You’re 3-2 down and wild celebrations in a position of defeat says it all. A team is most vulnerable after conceding. That Ronny Whoosh would’ve been greeted by fists in certain dressing rooms.
wild celebrations? i have not seen this mentioned anywhere outside of ce, no suprise.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

3-2 in extra time, is not the time for Whooshs, run the effing ball to the centre spot and force the quick restart. What is there to celebrate about being a goal down?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

anointed wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:25 pm
I feel the same way.

Cape Coast isn't a bush o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Been there before. That hood probably gets Ghana its most tourism dollars, considering that Kakum National Park and Elmina Castle are nearby. Michelle Obama once visited the place because I think her roots are there.
The first leg was played in Kumasi (the heart of the Asante kingdom) not the Cape Coast.Anytime Ghana is in trouble they move the match to that place and we all know why😎
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:39 pm
anointed wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:25 pm
I feel the same way.

The first leg was played in Kumasi (the heart of the Asante kingdom) not the Cape Coast.Anytime Ghana is in trouble they move the match to that place and we all know why😎
Okay, I remember now. The match was moved from Cape Coast to Kumasi. Escaped me but Kumasi na Ghana second city nah.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:36 pm 3-2 in extra time, is not the time for Whooshs, run the effing ball to the centre spot and force the quick restart. What is there to celebrate about being a goal down?
Can't believe more aren't up in arms about this. The biggest example of "African naivety" I've seen in years.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what does ghana paaaa mean sef
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:49 pm what does ghana paaaa mean sef
It has no direct translation. It’s used to add emphasis.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:51 pm Just hope an African team or 2 will qualify for the next round, if Saudi Arabia can beat the almighty Argentina, something Nigeria have failed to do at every world cup, then that means anything is possible
But we also defeated Spain before with even a wider margin. We don't play scared until Rohr became our coach and turned our Super Eagles to Kindergarten Chickens :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

[tweet][/tweet]
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

[tweet][/tweet]
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ghana yab. Portugal couldn't defeat Angola and CIV, but dem play like cowards to disgrace demselves
SuperEagles