[WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Post by mate »

smallpikin wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm How did that Williams guy not score with that gift of a chance from the Portugal keeper?

Man was I laughing when that play happened.

:rotf:

Football can be a CRAZY game.

Even a pro does stupid things in the moment.

That Portugal goalie probably died 1000x in those 2 seconds, getting resurrected at the end because it never went in.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

smallpikin wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm How did that Williams guy not score with that gift of a chance from the Portugal keeper?
He was already celebrating the gift. That was annoying actually, he just flapped the chance.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

:taunt: I hope Dennis was watching how to take a pen
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 pm
eyan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:12 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm VAR plus referee won the game for Portugal, was a shame VAR did not take a look at Ronaldo dive, sorry African teams are not it, will take another century for us to get our act together, we just cannot compete at this level, no matter how much we try, we come ill prepared to every major tournament, we are just there to make up the numbers, its sickening to watch, we need to remove our personal emotions from African teams and be neutral moving forward, Like I said, England and France, it is for me!
See another fool. Why couldn't Portugal win without ref assistance? The Portugal I saw is not better than Ghana. You guys just like to feel inferior.
Abi, Portugal was there for the taking, but if they play this organized bredas can get out of the group.
Before this game I thought Portugal was solid but that defense oh my.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Portugal should be worried with that defence, a team like Brazil would have shredded them to bits
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

3-2 down with minutes remaining and rather than run the ball to the centre spot, you’re doing a bootleg Ronny Whooosh!!! Naive.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:17 pm 3-2 down with minutes remaining and rather than run the ball to the centre spot, you’re doing a bootleg Ronny Whooosh!!! Naive.
yes coach im sure those ten seconds of celebrating cost them the game, im sure portugal would have kicked off right away had they ran the ball to the center circle. thats it.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2

Post by Undertaker »

eyan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:06 pm
Undertaker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:53 pm Africa, 5 games, 0 wins! And we want more spots?
See this fool. Instead of you to talk about referees being biased against African teams, you are making fun of those teams. You think the referee wouldn't have consulted the VAR if it were the other way round? African teams should learn to disrupt games until everyone is seen as equal.
STFU you uneducated fool! Oloshi! Why are Asian teams and South American teams not crying on your so call bias? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Undertaker on Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:11 pm
eyan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:06 pm
Undertaker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:53 pm Africa, 5 games, 0 wins! And we want more spots?
See this fool. Instead of you to talk about referees being biased against African teams, you are making fun of those teams. You think the referee wouldn't have consulted the VAR if it were the other way round? African teams should learn to disrupt games until everyone is seen as equal.
STFU you uneducated fool! Oloshi! Why are Asian teams and South American teams not crying on your so call basis? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dont mind him. If not for dubious referring Ghana would not have qualified. VAR denied us a pk in Kumasi. They also relied on Ojoro to beat South Africa.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hmm, so our brothers lost, eh? Though it's a loss, they didn't do too bad
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm VAR plus referee won the game for Portugal, was a shame VAR did not take a look at Ronaldo dive, sorry African teams are not it, will take another century for us to get our act together, we just cannot compete at this level, no matter how much we try, we come ill prepared to every major tournament, we are just there to make up the numbers, its sickening to watch, we need to remove our personal emotions from African teams and be neutral moving forward, Like I said, England and France, it is for me!
I get your pain and don't mean to offend, but that's not a good attitude. Man, these things can be done. Somebody in charge just has to commit to it.

Seriously, take a look at the silver lining: for all the advantages Portugal has, we're still talking 3-2, a 1 goal difference.

No patronage: I get it takes great facilities, training, leagues, coaching, hell, a strong society. That's a lot to ensure that 1 goal margin turns the way of a Ghana or Nigeria.

But it can be done. Whenever Croatia disappoints me, I rant and rave. You know where! :) Joke.

Can't give up man. Croatia may bomb this WC, but I'll be back hoping. The good, bad, and ugly.

Finally, 2 more games for all the teams. We will see.
Sure! However, the 3-2 margin, or difference turns into VERY HUGE three points for the winner of the game, in this case, Portugal.

Thus, the goal margin is huge, and shouldn't be downplayed
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana

Post by Odas »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:15 pm This short man from Man City dey always get on my nerves for no reason sha. But him be good player
Mmmmm? How can someone get on your 'nerves for no reason?' There must be a reason for your feeling(s) about him
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Turkey sweet today paaaaa. My bredas happy thanksgiving ooo 🦃
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Odas wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:54 pm
I get your pain and don't mean to offend, but that's not a good attitude. Man, these things can be done. Somebody in charge just has to commit to it.

Seriously, take a look at the silver lining: for all the advantages Portugal has, we're still talking 3-2, a 1 goal difference.

No patronage: I get it takes great facilities, training, leagues, coaching, hell, a strong society. That's a lot to ensure that 1 goal margin turns the way of a Ghana or Nigeria.

But it can be done. Whenever Croatia disappoints me, I rant and rave. You know where! :) Joke.

Can't give up man. Croatia may bomb this WC, but I'll be back hoping. The good, bad, and ugly.

Sure! However, the 3-2 margin, or difference turns into VERY HUGE three points for the winner of the game, in this case, Portugal.

Of course points get assigned appropriately. But these are derived from goals scored…with goal difference mattering as well.

All I’m saying is that the margins are tighter.

3-2 is competitive. Not just on the score, but in quality. Ghana did a solid job against a team that I think can win this WC.

The real difference, to come full circle, is Portugal has better players. That can change.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:16 pm

Of course points get assigned appropriately. But these are derived from goals scored…with goal difference mattering as well.

3-2 is competitive. Not just on the score, but in quality. Ghana did a solid job against a teamat I think can win this WC.

The real difference, to come full circle, is Portugal has better players. That can change.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Portugal are good but definitely not good enough to win the WC. Brazil, France, Spain and even Argentina will feast on that Portugal defense
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:45 pm Hmm, so our brothers lost, eh? Though it's a loss, they didn't do too bad
abeg do wetin, make we hear word, Rugged man no go ghana.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:58 am
Odas wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:45 pm Hmm, so our brothers lost, eh? Though it's a loss, they didn't do too bad
abeg do wetin, make we hear word, Rugged man no go ghana.
Bigpokey24, I know Ghana lost, but are you saying they didn't do well? Though I didn't watch the game, but based on several posts in this thread, the game could have gone either way.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:13 am
mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:16 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm VAR plus referee won the game for Portugal, was a shame VAR did not take a look at Ronaldo dive, sorry African teams are not it, will take another century for us to get our act together, we just cannot compete at this level, no matter how much we try, we come ill prepared to every major tournament, we are just there to make up the numbers, its sickening to watch, we need to remove our personal emotions from African teams and be neutral moving forward, Like I said, England and France, it is for me

3-2 is competitive. Not just on the score, but in quality. Ghana did a solid job against a teamat I think can win this WC.

The real difference, to come full circle, is Portugal has better players. That can change
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Portugal are good but definitely not good enough to win the WC. Brazil, France, Spain and even Argentina will feast on that Portugal defense
Tobi17,

You seem to forget this is football and like in all sports, anything can happen in any game. Therefore, a supposed 'better team', can lose to a supposed 'weaker team' at anytime
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Just finished thanksgiving dinner and I remembered that TFCO and Rawlings had a very painful day. It was a great day guys! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Over to you, Korea! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:30 am Just finished thanksgiving dinner and I remembered that TFCO and Rawlings had a very painful day. It was a great day guys! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Over to you, Korea! :lol: :lol:
How was your date? I heard you have a thing for that transgendered individual you met at the gay bar :rotf:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

anointed wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:32 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 pm Just seeing the goals nows. Rafael Leao looks offside there...
Certainly. If that Ecuador goal was off cos of a player's foot, this one definitely was
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Why Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty for Portugal vs. Ghana didn't go to a full VAR review

Possible penalty overturn: Salisu foul on Ronaldo
What happened: Portugal were awarded a penalty in the 62nd minute when Cristiano Ronaldo was knocked over by Mohammed Salisu.

VAR decision: Penalty stands, scored by Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo just got a touch on the ball ahead of Mohammed Salisu. EPA/Rolex dela Pena

VAR review: This only required a quick check by the VAR, United States referee Armando Villarreal.

Replays showed that Ronaldo definitely got to the ball first ahead of Salisu before there was contact on the Portugal striker's boot and upper body.

Even though this could certainly be considered a soft penalty, we have to look at it in VAR terms; it would not be seen as a clear and obvious error by the match referee, fellow American official Ismail Elfath. Equally, if the referee hadn't given the penalty, it's unlikely the VAR would have advised a spot kick.

If Salisu had gotten to the ball first before Ronaldo, this would have been grounds for a full review, but unfortunately for the Ghana defender, he failed to do so.

Portugal were awarded a penalty for a foul by Mohammed Salisu on Cristiano Ronaldo. Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Ronaldo also thought he had scored in the 31st minute, but the referee had already blown for a foul against him for a push on Alexander Djiku. The VAR is unable to review anything after the referee's whistle, so he cannot look back at the foul to award the goal.
Last edited by folem on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I cannot support Ghana at the WC, not because they picked up the qualifying ticket ahead of us but because of their antics after qualifying for the WC.
Their media led a lot of disinformation about Nigeria. Firstly, they claimed their players and fans were attacked by Nigerian fans which turned out to be untrue as the Nigerian fans only vented their frustration on infrastructure in the stadium.
Secondly, their media claimed that rampaging Nigerian fans killed the FIFA medical officer who died after the game. This news was published in media outlets all over the world and it was also found to be false as the medical officer had a heart attack and died in hospital.
These false reports were meant to paint Nigeria in a bad light globally and also place severe FIFA sanctions on Nigeria.
That was beyond gamesmanship and revealed their true intentions towards Nigeria
I am happy