[WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2 FT

Post by maceo4 »

eyan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:12 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm VAR plus referee won the game for Portugal, was a shame VAR did not take a look at Ronaldo dive, sorry African teams are not it, will take another century for us to get our act together, we just cannot compete at this level, no matter how much we try, we come ill prepared to every major tournament, we are just there to make up the numbers, its sickening to watch, we need to remove our personal emotions from African teams and be neutral moving forward, Like I said, England and France, it is for me!
See another fool. Why couldn't Portugal win without ref assistance? The Portugal I saw is not better than Ghana. You guys just like to feel inferior.
Abi, Portugal was there for the taking, but if they play this organized bredas can get out of the group.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm VAR plus referee won the game for Portugal, was a shame VAR did not take a look at Ronaldo dive, sorry African teams are not it, will take another century for us to get our act together, we just cannot compete at this level, no matter how much we try, we come ill prepared to every major tournament, we are just there to make up the numbers, its sickening to watch, we need to remove our personal emotions from African teams and be neutral moving forward, Like I said, England and France, it is for me!

I get your pain and don't mean to offend, but that's not a good attitude. Man, these things can be done. Somebody in charge just has to commit to it.

Seriously, take a look at the silver lining: for all the advantages Portugal has, we're still talking 3-2, a 1 goal difference.

No patronage: I get it takes great facilities, training, leagues, coaching, hell, a strong society. That's a lot to ensure that 1 goal margin turns the way of a Ghana or Nigeria.

But it can be done. Whenever Croatia disappoints me, I rant and rave. You know where! :) Joke.

Can't give up man. Croatia may bomb this WC, but I'll be back hoping. The good, bad, and ugly.

Finally, 2 more games for all the teams. We will see.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:13 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 pm Just seeing the goals nows. Rafael Leao looks offside there...
Both their last two goals had a tinge of offside to me, but didn’t see any review…
They have now shown both goals with the lines and they were onside actually. Good on the Assistant Ref there. The Ghana defensive lines on both was ragged there with a deep player playing everyone onside.
Last edited by SylverEagles on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:06 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:04 pm Good effort by Ghana. Better luck next time
How many more times are we going to be giving "good effort, better luck next time"?
It is from good effort that you grow to good result.

Most people forget the failures before the success...

You should try encouraging people and hope that it will spur them to greater if not impossible heights.
Abi oh. They played against a good team and had them worried. They can take heart from their performance. This is only the first round, anything can happen.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 pm
joao wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:05 pm No matter what anyone says, Ghana shows the spirit of the game.
If not for the fake PK the score would have been 2-2.
Go Ghana!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gbam! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know I call it like it is...but strictly speaking, Portugal got robbed of a goal as well. CR of all people.

Just saying.

This is a good Portugal team. I think they weather all the styles in front of them.

I have Brazil defeating Portugal in the final.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

gosh wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:11 pm In this game, it looks like the VAR guys were not even present?
Apart from the fake penalty, I remember Argentina scoring a goal very similar to the the 2nd Portugal goal (against Saudi Arabia) and it was ruled offsides.
So many inconsistencies on the calls in this WC.
The same way the VAR guys were not present when Nigeria was denied a stone wall penalty in the first leg. You also forget the way the ref manufactured penalty against South Africa ….. take your own Share of beating Ghana!!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:16 pm
joao wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:05 pm No matter what anyone says, Ghana shows the spirit of the game.

You know I call it like it is...but strictly speaking, Portugal got robbed of a goal as well. CR of all people.

Just saying.

This is a good Portugal team. I think they weather all the styles in front of them.

It was a foul, he pushed off. If anything the penalty was soft, anyway it balances out.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:13 pm
SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 pm Just seeing the goals nows. Rafael Leao looks offside there...
Both their last two goals had a tinge of offside to me, but didn’t see any review…
They have now shown both goals with the lines and they were onside actually. Good on the Assistant Ref there.
Oh ok 👍🏾
Super Eagus 4 Life!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 pm
eyan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:12 pm
See another fool. Why couldn't Portugal win without ref assistance? The Portugal I saw is not better than Ghana. You guys just like to feel inferior.
Abi, Portugal was there for the taking, but if they play this organized bredas can get out of the group.
this has nothing to do with inferiority! Portugal were there for the taking but Ghana only started playing after the Ronaldo goal and just opened up behind allowing Portugal to score more goals, sorry can't do this no longer, I wish them good luck but I will be a neutral from now on!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

At 1-1 it was game on, but they left Bruno Fernandes in acres of space twice and conceded twice. He's the best (well atleast as good as DeBruyne) in that position where he has to release the final ball, that's his game (well, was before EPL managers started putting destroyers/thugs on him). I hope Otto and his players realize what they've got. They have a defensive game they can use to stop a team and also the ability to create clear cut chances to score goals if they play. Nice to haves.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Portugal vs Ghana 3-2

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:00 pm That was a PK for Ghana.

Where is VAR?

Calm down bro...
The bredas tried...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That was a push off. Clear foul

Just saying.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Just saying.

Chief, you calls it like you thinks it is. :mrgreen: :biggrin: Ghana showed them too much respect. Portugal won't get to even the quarters playing like they did.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Haha Portugal just finished doggy style on Ghana
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: South Korea, over to you! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Just saw the replay of that first Ronaldo goal that was disallowed, what the heck was the ref thinking? That was a legit goal
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:20 pm That was a push off. Clear foul

Just saying.

It’s the exact same type of push Ronaldo used to win his PK…so why are we only complaining about that one…I think the ref was fair in this one and we shouldn’t use that as an excuse, Inaki should have just scored after robbing the keeper and no one will be complaining.
Last edited by maceo4 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:04 pm Good effort by Ghana. Better luck next time
How many more times are we going to be giving "good effort, better luck next time"?

You should try encouraging people and hope that it will spur them to greater if not impossible heights.
First off, it is football. It is not that serious. Secondly we've been playing this sport at about the same time and other Nations and Federations are dispatching of Argentina and Germany and we are slapping each other on the back with "well done, better luck next time.". Please, let's be accountable and hold ourselves to higher standards.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

How did that Williams guy not score with that gift of a chance from the Portugal keeper?
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

smallpikin wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm How did that Williams guy not score with that gift of a chance from the Portugal keeper?
I’m still asking…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Certainly. If that Ecuador goal was off cos of a player's foot, this one definitely was
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:20 pm That was a push off. Clear foul

Just saying.

Yujam, you are my man and friend...but I disagree.

:)

Football is a man's game. That was 50:50 contact. CR is no saint, he cheated on the penalty, but fair is fair on this play.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

SylverEagles wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm

First off, it is football. It is not that serious. Secondly we've been playing this sport at about the same time and other Nations and Federations are dispatching of Argentina and Germany and we are slapping each other on the back with "well done, better luck next time.". Please, let's be accountable and hold ourselves to higher standards.

But how do you reconcile the these 2 things?

:)

Nice to see you Sylver.