Africa is not good at football

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Africa is not good at football

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

marko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:27 pm I blame Nigeria stupid sports administrators! they should be at this world cup!
You have to qualify first. DNQ is insurmountable. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:07 pm Forever rewinding back to the land before time. Africa has been left behind and doesn’t have the intention nor interest to catch up. Make weights henceforth, there purely to make up the numbers. Nothing else.
“Sweet Caroline, bop bop bop
Good times never seemed so good
So good, so good, so good”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we need to nominate countries in Africa to represent us, we need to look at the pool of players in each country, we need to see what country presents our chances of a credible challenge, that means Nigeria, Cameroon or Ivory coast from west Africa, Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt should hold the mantle until further notice
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

marko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:19 pm we need to nominate countries in Africa to represent us, we need to look at the pool of players in each country, we need to see what country presents our chances of a credible challenge, that means Nigeria, Cameroon or Ivory coast from west Africa, Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt should hold the mantle until further notice
We need to do this and that.. while at it, just like any other international gathering, we need to admit Africa is there to make up numbers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the mugus are out to bump this ...just see them ..so easy and comical 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

scholl wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:31 pm
marko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:19 pm we need to nominate countries in Africa to represent us, we need to look at the pool of players in each country, we need to see what country presents our chances of a credible challenge, that means Nigeria, Cameroon or Ivory coast from west Africa, Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt should hold the mantle until further notice
We need to do this and that.. while at it, just like any other international gathering, we need to admit Africa is there to make up numbers.
we need a solution! first we should ban Senegal from calling themselves African champions, this amounts to fraud
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I see rational thought is out the window.

Senegal had too many injuries. Without Gueye, Kouyate and Mane, this was just a bit too much for them. Yes giving up a goal right before the half on a counter was tactical foolishness but overall the English just had more quality and deserved to win.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm

Senegal had too many injuries. Without Gueye, Kouyate and Mane, this was just a bit too much for them. Yes giving up a goal right before the half on a counter was tactical foolishness but overall the English just had more quality and deserved to win.
even without injuries, Senegal was no match for England

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Coach wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:59 pm
Coach wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:07 pm Forever rewinding back to the land before time. Africa has been left behind and doesn’t have the intention nor interest to catch up. Make weights henceforth, there purely to make up the numbers. Nothing else.
“Sweet Caroline, bop bop bop
Good times never seemed so good
So good, so good, so good”
goat... you are here , when will your people start using the racial abuse..only a matter of time ( Rashford, Saka , Bellingham, Sterling,Walker, ) just a matter of time , they are all on borrowed time .ape
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

In your crystal ball? Yes.
marko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:35 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm

even without injuries, Senegal was no match for England
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Africa wasn't disgraced at this WC, results wise its one of the best outings.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

We need to do what other successful or increasingly successful countries are doing. Invest. Invest resources in our larger economy and ultimately it our football will eventually reflect this. Be it the academies, league, coaches etc.

Senegal, I’m sorry it was a bridge too far this time and I hope better luck next time.here is hoping for a more credible performance from Maroc and more importantly France to do the needful.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Senegal has played 3 times at the World Cup. Are the only African team with more wins than losses, has always had 4 pts or more in the group phase and you want them out? Especially given they had to play a severely depleted squad.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

marutimon wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:46 pm
Senegal has played 3 times at the World Cup. Are the only African team with more wins than losses, has always had 4 pts or more in the group phase and you want them out? Especially given they had to play a severely depleted squad.
Marko is a new breed of agent called super agents, they don't sell players anymore since market don spoil. Na WC slots dem dey buy and sell. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

I don't agree with pre determined qualifiers. Our problem was the qualification format. A knock out format of 10 teams will not produce your best 5 teams. That being said, this was one of our better outgoing, but for other reasons.
Egg

Post by folem »

Cameroon ain't West Africa.
Last edited by folem on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

There's still an African team left and I will say before the match that I expect a proper battle on Tuesday. Nevertheless, no one is going anywhere in the knockout round without their keeper playing a blinder.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:50 pm
akamoke wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:59 pm We are all complicit in this
Fan base is poor (or not strong from a marketing standpoint - I still remember in SA being drowned by Argies and Greek fans..in Africa)
Local leagues non existent
We are too impatient to let things develop holistically
We often react emotionally and not logically to adverse sitations

The football teams mirror our societies

Ghana score a second goal , most teams will run , grab the ball and aim for restart, our guy was celebrating - this also explains our mental toughness

I dont agree Africans are not good at football, as there are "Africans" featuring for Europe and doing well, what is missing is a structure (internal and external to the players) that is needed to unleish that fire, but it all starts at home
I was just discussing this with my wife today. It takes more than having stars in big European leagues to do well.

You can say th a t again. Stinks big time. Need waking up.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

:agree:
Kpom
Morocco do us proud. Might b t he darlings of the dance 🕺💃
Kneedeep wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:01 am There's still an African team left and I will say before the match that I expect a proper battle on Tuesday. Nevertheless, no one is going anywhere in the knockout round without their keeper playing a blinder.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Spain will bring their A game, pass you to death, Morocco should take the game to them, Spain defence is not that great to be honest but they never allow you to know when you cannot get the ball to begin with, Morocco so far has been Africa strongest side, these North African sides always seem to be disciplined and organized, Tunisia beat France, so that proves a point, we need massive investment in sports in general, not just football, do we have the money? that is another question? football is big business, all Africa best players are playing for European countries, that is a fact, where do we go from here? i can understand when Saka had to choose between Nigeria and England, there were so many parameters involved and Nigeria did not tick any boxes, i was privy to this information before he was called up to the England squad, the Cameroon born player playing for Switzerland made some claims about the corrupt Cameroon FA! their careers are really short, if Saka picked Nigeria, he will be sitting at home now, these are the risks one takes, Nigeria has talent but then again the country is disorganized as a whole and people expect our football to be any different??

Marko
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Man Ataye wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:19 am :agree:
Kpom
Morocco do us proud. Might b t he darlings of the dance 🕺💃
Kneedeep wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:01 am There's still an African team left and I will say before the match that I expect a proper battle on Tuesday. Nevertheless, no one is going anywhere in the knockout round without their keeper playing a blinder.
:agree:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

marko wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 am Spain will bring their A game, pass you to death, Morocco should take the game to them, Spain defence is not that great to be honest but they never allow you to know when you cannot get the ball to begin with, Morocco so far has been Africa strongest side, these North African sides always seem to be disciplined and organized, Tunisia beat France, so that proves a point, we need massive investment in sports in general, not just football, do we have the money? that is another question? football is big business, all Africa best players are playing for European countries, that is a fact, where do we go from here? i can understand when Saka had to choose between Nigeria and England, there were so many parameters involved and Nigeria did not tick any boxes, i was privy to this information before he was called up to the England squad, the Cameroon born player playing for Switzerland made some claims about the corrupt Cameroon FA! their careers are really short, if Saka picked Nigeria, he will be sitting at home now, these are the risks one takes, Nigeria has talent but then again the country is disorganized as a whole and people expect our football to be any different??
Damn. You must be a bundle of joy to be around. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

marko wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 am Spain will bring their A game, pass you to death, Morocco should take the game to them, Spain defence is not that great to be honest but they never allow you to know when you cannot get the ball to begin with, Morocco so far has been Africa strongest side, these North African sides always seem to be disciplined and organized, Tunisia beat France, so that proves a point, we need massive investment in sports in general, not just football, do we have the money? that is another question? football is big business, all Africa best players are playing for European countries, that is a fact, where do we go from here? i can understand when Saka had to choose between Nigeria and England, there were so many parameters involved and Nigeria did not tick any boxes, i was privy to this information before he was called up to the England squad, the Cameroon born player playing for Switzerland made some claims about the corrupt Cameroon FA! their careers are really short, if Saka picked Nigeria, he will be sitting at home now, these are the risks one takes, Nigeria has talent but then again the country is disorganized as a whole and people expect our football to be any different??
Removing corruption alone will take us to the quarter finals of the WC . Investing in sports infrastructure on top of removing corruption will make us contenders. Let’s start with the corruption.

Step 1
Stop the process of State FA electing the NFF chair,Football is not a democracy. Select a competent board to manage football, private sector financing only.

Step 2
Create a pro league that has no state govt involvement. Do it even if means some teams will be lost.

Step 3

End the practice of academy to Europe. Any player that wants to transfer must be registered to a pro team and play at least 2 years. Minimum age to transfer should be 20.
OCCUPY NFF!!