[WC 2022] BRAZIL 2 (Richarlison x2) SERBIA 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] BRAZIL 2 (Richarlison x2) SERBIA 0

Post by smallpikin »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:58 pm Neymar was absolutely dog sheet. They played mush better without him.
At this level, you are more effective if you do things at pace. Neymar was mostly at walking pace and even then, taking too many touches. He seemed low-energy too.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Believe it or not
Egg
Egg

Post by Believe it or not »

:curse: Brazil had more than 20 shots and only 2 goals. France, Spain and even England would have scored more.
Last edited by Believe it or not on Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] BRAZIL 1 (Richarlison) SERBIA 0

Post by airwolex »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:06 pm
gosh wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:52 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:40 pm Here's hoping that France or Germany save us from another Brazil WC. I can't really rely on England or the Netherlands to finish them off
You will be surprised it may take a team like Japan to pull a surprise on them.
Please God, and Amen. South Korea, too. I don't even mind Spain, too. Anyone but Brazil. Sorry folks.
Lol, I want them to win it, but I think hubris will finish them off. They are feeling themselves playing Vinny, Neymar, Raphina, and Richarlison. I just don't see it working against teams like France and even England.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Mate - Football is a funny old game. I am hoping 😊
-Simpli fy -
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:58 pm Neymar was absolutely dog sheet. They played mush better without him.
:clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
I told same to several people, and they thought I was nuts.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:40 pm Here's hoping that France or Germany save us from another Brazil WC. I can't really rely on England or the Netherlands to finish them off
Please God, and Amen. South Korea, too. I don't even mind Spain, too. Anyone but Brazil. Sorry folks.

My friend, you better start learning to samba to the beat of The Lambada. It's the forbidden dance.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And Green, one more thing. Just like in the song, learn to scream: Ay Yah Yah Yah, La Samba!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:12 pm
Lol, I want them to win it, but I think hubris will finish them off. They are feeling themselves playing Vinny, Neymar, Raphina, and Richarlison. I just don't see it working against teams like France and even England.

France, ok. But England???????

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ok, it's coming home. yet again.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I am just glad that Nigeria is not playing in this WC. Otherwise, that familiar dark cloud would have well and truly settled above me at this time.
-Simpli fy -
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:15 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

We ain't seen this kinda Brazilliant football in a long, long time.

How could you have a side where Neymar is competing for the weak link? The Serbs...give it to them; they were well grilled but that didn't stop 'em from looking like choir girls caught in the midst of a gun fight.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:04 pm Scipio - I can't quite put my finger on it but I believe it has more to do with race and politics. I never support Brazil, Argentina, or Spain. I grew up idolizing the France of Tigana, Platini, Amoros, Bossis, Rocheteau, Giresse, Six, etc. Later Zidane, Thuram, Henry, etc.
Ah I see. But if you don’t support Brazil for race reasons then France should definitely be off the support list as well.

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Vini Junior and Raphinia do not have any defensive instincts. If they play France or another team with a combination of defensive grit and frightening pace, they will ship goals. Maybe Tite will change the personnel as they go further, but this team as it is constituted doesn't do it for me.

Even today, Vinni shirked his defensive responsibilities a few times, but the Serbians didn't have the players to take advantage.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

England has studied what works for France and are now applying it too. Leverage the athleticism of your minority community (diaspora Africans) as a good mix with your indigenous population and that will pack a big punch.
This mix is natural to Brazil.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Height for height, I believe Serbia is the tallest team at this World Cup. The shortest is between Japan and Mexico.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 pm

My friend, you better start learning to samba to the beat of The Lambada. It's the forbidden dance.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

End of an era World Cup. Igwe, Neymar and Ronny should do the honours after this innings. And yes, Neymar is far from the pace that the frontline wants to play at. That being said, he’s a wise head on Di Maria pace legs and must start if not for anything other than to offer a commanding voice to the young whippersnappers either side.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:46 pm End of an era World Cup. Igwe, Neymar and Ronny should do the honours after this innings. And yes, Neymar is far from the pace that the frontline wants to play at. That being said, he’s a wise head on Di Maria pace legs and must start if not for anything other than to offer a commanding voice to the young whippersnappers either side.

Not sure he's a 100% healthy
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Was Neymar injured? He appeared to be crying after leaving the pitch.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

smallpikin wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:26 pm

England has studied what works for France and are now applying it too. Leverage the athleticism of your minority community (diaspora Africans) as a good mix with your indigenous population and that will pack a big punch.
One massive difference: GINGA!

Black, White, Yellow, Red, Brown, and mixed…the English don’t have the Ginga.

🙂
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

smallpikin wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:04 pm Was Neymar injured? He appeared to be crying after leaving the pitch.
:biggrin:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:07 pm

🙂

ankle injury
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:19 pm
mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:07 pm

🙂

ankle injury

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't laughing at Neymar being injured. I just read your post and realized I misread the one I quoted when I laughed. I thought Neymar was crying because somebody fouled him.

My bad.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

smallpikin wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:28 pm Height for height, I believe Serbia is the tallest team at this World Cup. The shortest is between Japan and Mexico.
Yep they are the tallest. Ghana, Mexico and the Saudis are the shortest.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=310609
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."