[WC 2022] BRAZIL 2 (Richarlison x2) SERBIA 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] BRAZIL 2 (Richarlison x2) SERBIA 0

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Arsenal represent!!! Martinelli on!

Wha choo looking at?!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

It's like Serbia don't know how to play Brazil without Neymar. :D Have they not heard about Rodrygo, Antony etc. They are giving Rodrygo all they never gave Neymar but he's just as dangerous! Watch Real Madrid much???
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] BRAZIL 1 (Richarlison) SERBIA 0

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 pm
mate wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:44 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:42 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:40 pm Here's hoping that France or Germany save us from another Brazil WC. I can't really rely on England or the Netherlands to finish them off
Only France can be relied upon to beat Brazil. The rest is a coin toss
Spain I think. We still don't know for sure about France.

I still think Costa Rica > Australia in a test of ability...mind you neither is a big test.

Serbia is a test.

Teams are right now to fear Brazil. Bring your A+++ game to even have hope.
Brazil will easily handle Spain. But France? France? That is the team that Brazil sees in their nightmares

I get history. But you have to take it in current context.

France does not have several key players right now, never mind not having a ZZ.

They're bringing youth, but I doubt they can rise to the level of this Brazil.

Spain on my eye test might have the right maturation, blending, and peaking. Planned and controlled. France had to rush it.

Of course, I can be wrong and you might be right. I still rate France, Spain, Brazil, and Portugal.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Ref, no 10 mins extra time at the end of 90 mins. I don't want to see more Brazilian goals, please
-Simpli fy -
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:49 pm Ref, no 10 mins extra time at the end of 90 mins. I don't want to see more Brazilian goals, please
Hia!! Wetin Brazil do you? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gunners, come in here. How come fellow North Londoner Richarlison is preferred ahead of Gabriel Jesus? Let's dabaru everything 😁😁😂
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:40 pm Here's hoping that France or Germany save us from another Brazil WC. I can't really rely on England or the Netherlands to finish them off
You will be surprised it may take a team like Japan to pull a surprise on them.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

To he Serbs are like choir girls caught in the midst of a gun fight
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Perhaps Serbia should switch to route 1 football...Big Sam? Anyone? Big Sam would love to get hold of these tall guys.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Hhahahahaa now I see why you made that your comment on page 5. :rotf: :rotf: Dont worry dear, My Brazil will decimate your France and Germany. You never jam!! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

felarey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:56 pm Perhaps Serbia should switch to route 1 football...Big Sam? Anyone? Big Sam would love to get hold of these tall guys.
Klopp and Liverpool have made Route 1 respectable

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Martinelli, misplaced the bulk of his passes since entering the fray.

Very polished display from Brazil. Lovely blend of pace and precision. Will need an extra body in midfield against their fellow big boys one would imagine. Was 4-2-4 at times, lovely to watch, dangerous in both directions against a Spain or Ogbuefi.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Neymar was absolutely dog sheet. They played mush better without him.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:57 pm
felarey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:56 pm Perhaps Serbia should switch to route 1 football...Big Sam? Anyone? Big Sam would love to get hold of these tall guys.
:lol: Those days of Big Sam and Tony Pulis, the big guy up top, huff the ball up top, get the corner or throw-in. Then proceed to torture your opponent with big physical guys in their box fighting for headers and loose balls. :D Forgot the name of that guy that asks for a towel before throw-ins. :lol:

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm. The final's first contender is revealed. I am not yet sold on France and Spain. But Brazil went up a gear in the second half and it was a beauty to behold. That Raphinha and Neymar need to join the proigram.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Is Neymar the weak link of this Brazil? Or Raphinha?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Scipio - I can't quite put my finger on it but I believe it has more to do with race and politics. I never support Brazil, Argentina, or Spain. I grew up idolizing the France of Tigana, Platini, Amoros, Bossis, Rocheteau, Giresse, Six, etc. Later Zidane, Thuram, Henry, etc.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:58 pm Neymar was absolutely dog sheet. They played mush better without him.

Neymar always needed to play more for the team than the team for Neymar.

He now has a team where this applies better. Contrast this to the teams in 2014 and 2018 which relied too much on him. To the point where Brazil imploded without him in the infamous 7-1 loss to Germany in the final.

I don't know any WC carried by 1 player: except Diego Maradona with Argentina in 1986.

This Brazil has a supporting cast where Neymar can play his rightful place.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

felarey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:01 pm
:lol: Those days of Big Sam and Tony Pulis, the big guy up top, huff the ball up top, get the corner or throw-in. Then proceed to torture your opponent with big physical guys in their box fighting for headers and loose balls. :D Forgot the name of that guy that asks for a towel before throw-ins. :lol:
Rory Delap
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

anointed wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:03 pm Is Neymar the weak link of this Brazil? Or Raphinha?
They were both weak links. Casimero is lowkey their best and most important player. Rodrygo, right now can replace Neymar.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

gosh wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:52 pm
Please God, and Amen. South Korea, too. I don't even mind Spain, too. Anyone but Brazil. Sorry folks.
-Simpli fy -
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

anointed wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:05 pm
felarey wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:01 pm
Rory Delap
That's him, thanks! :D

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:06 pm
gosh wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:52 pm
Please God, and Amen. South Korea, too. I don't even mind Spain, too. Anyone but Brazil. Sorry folks.

My friend, you better start learning to samba to the beat of The Lambada. It's the forbidden dance.

:clap: :clap: :clap: