Iran vs Wales

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iran vs Wales

Post by Coach »

Wales are all but out. They simply don’t have the quality nor the desire. Yma o hyd, indeed they are still there, but only by Pythagorean principles. England should roll them over. To need a win in the last game, a derby, vs superior opposition, is too much an ask.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

charlie wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:04 pm I actually fancy Wales against England.
When England is facing Scotland, Ireland or Wales, it tends to be about more than just football.

Btw, when I told you this Iran team will beat out Super Chickens, you thought I was kidding. This team got schooled by England, but they have heart.
I told them too. Iran scored more goals and had more points during the qualification than Japan, Korea, Australia and Saudi Arabia. You don’t do that without being good somehow.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

You guys are using an aging and pathetic Wales as a yardstick for measuring the potential performance of SE in a game against Iran.

Have we ever lost to an Asian country in the World Cup?

In a full competition with a decent coach, SE will whoop this Iran. I mean we are dealing with hypotheticals right? :D
packerland wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:41 pm
When England is facing Scotland, Ireland or Wales, it tends to be about more than just football.

Btw, when I told you this Iran team will beat out Super Chickens, you thought I was kidding. This team got schooled by England, but they have heart.
I told them too. Iran scored more goals and had more points during the qualification than Japan, Korea, Australia and Saudi Arabia. You don’t do that without being good somehow.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I can't wait for Iran to turn USA into roadkill. Alexi lalas must cry
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:55 pm You guys are using an aging and pathetic Wales as a yardstick for measuring the potential performance of SE in a game against Iran.

In a full competition with a decent coach, SE will whoop this Iran. I mean we are dealing with hypotheticals right? :D

Have we beaten an Asian country at the World Cup? We couldn’t even beat an Iranian team that was worse than this one at the last WC.

My friend stop making mouth. At the end of the day, Wales finished from a group that had Belgium and won a couple playoff game including beating a red hot Ukraine team. They are at the WC and we are at home because we couldn’t beat a weak Ghananian team at that time. As of 11/25/22 or 25/11/22 depending on where on the planet you live, Nigeria is not better than Wales. And I’m not talking about talent.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

It doesn't appear Senegal has a concrete plan to score sha.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I agree with the referee. That's not a penalty
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

That Qatar wild guy should have shot long before the defender badged into him.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Finally 1-0 Senegal
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Na Dia score the goal
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

How did the so called weaker Iranian team qualify for that World Cup in 2014? Didn’t they beat South Korea to qualify?

If it’s such straight as who you qualified in the same group with wouldn’t this world-cup be a mere formality for some games?

Germany and Argentina qualified well too but…

And? I am not making mouth just telling you to stop living in hypotheticals. Yes Nigeria lost to Ghana which if replayed could result in different results if Oshimhen leaves the Bicycle kicks at home or we had better keeper.

Iran will not beat Nigeria as H2H we are better historically based on games played against them. Same can’t be said of our results with Ghana.
packerland wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:20 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:55 pm You guys are using an aging and pathetic Wales as a yardstick for measuring the potential performance of SE in a game against Iran.

Have we beaten an Asian country at the World Cup? We couldn’t even beat an Iranian team that was worse than this one at the last WC.

My friend stop making mouth. At the end of the day, Wales finished from a group that had Belgium and won a couple playoff game including beating a red hot Ukraine team. They are at the WC and we are at home because we couldn’t beat a weak Ghananian team at that time. As of 11/25/22 or 25/11/22 depending on where on the planet you live, Nigeria is not better than Wales. And I’m not talking about talent.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

can someone please update the thread? I want to count how many games Europe have lost
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Have we ever beaten an Asian country at the World Cup? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Wrong question. The guy said we will be beaten by Iran to which I posed the question. It’s a simple yes or no. I just wanted to know what he was basing his assertion on. Historical or just feelings?
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:20 pm Wrong question. The guy said we will be beaten by Iran to which I posed the question. It’s a simple yes or no. I just wanted to know what he was basing his assertion on. Historical or just feelings?

How about current form?

Wha choo looking at?!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Football is not mathematics and matchup matters. Current form? Are you talking about the one that shipped 6 goals or one that score 2 against 10 men? Pray tell, which form are you talking about.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:43 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:20 pm Wrong question. The guy said we will be beaten by Iran to which I posed the question. It’s a simple yes or no. I just wanted to know what he was basing his assertion on. Historical or just feelings?

How about current form?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:01 pm Football is not mathematics and matchup matters. Current form? Are you talking about the one that shipped 6 goals or one that score 2 against 10 men? Pray tell, which form are you talking about.

How about current form?
Now do a run down on Nigeria's current form.

Wha choo looking at?!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

One prepped for a competition while one played a friendly without much prep.
SE last competitive game was a 10-0 score against São Tomé.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:04 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:01 pm Football is not mathematics and matchup matters. Current form? Are you talking about the one that shipped 6 goals or one that score 2 against 10 men? Pray tell, which form are you talking about.

How about current form?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:17 pm One prepped for a competition while one played a friendly without much prep.
SE last competitive game was a 10-0 score against São Tomé.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:04 pm

How about current form?
Why are you bringing prep into this? That sounds like an excuse :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

You are comparing 2 teams at different levels of development and or goals. Nigeria’s last game was horrible does not equate to their next game or any game against Iran will be bad.

So saying Iran will beat Nigeria is hypothetical and in hypothetical situation I could oppose that notion.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:56 pm

Why are you bringing prep into this? That sounds like an excuse :mrgreen:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Yes, Nigeria lost to Korea.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

scholl wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:46 pm

No be tie we tie SK 2-2 because of our Yakubus?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:13 pm
scholl wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:46 pm

No be tie we tie SK 2-2 because of our Yakubus?
Ah very true, that game felt like a loss. The era of “hey yous”