[WC 2022] QATAR 1 (Muntari) SENEGAL 3 (Dia, Diedhiou,Dieng) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] QATAR 0 SENEGAL 1 (Dia)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

That goal was literally served on a platter to Senegal, but we’ll take it :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well Qatar are the whipping boys of the group, everyone needs to get 3 points
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...na Ten Hag look a like be Qatar coach?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Senegal needs to run up the goal tab on Qatar. Can they do it? As things stand it doesn’t look like they can beat Ecuador

Wha choo looking at?!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:48 pm ...na Ten Hag look a like be Qatar coach?
Lol someone said he was Ten Hag wey never download finish :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [WC 2022] SENEGAL 0 QATAR 0

Post by mcal »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:40 pm
metalalloy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:38 pm These sene boys need to be smarter. The hosts will get all the breaks they can.
I am shocked Qatar didn’t get a PK there. If FIFA was trying to push the hosts over the line THAT would have been the time to do it
...they say the refs have meetings every night at the end of the day to discuss issues like this, because same thing happened yesterday with Ronaldo (deliberately) getting in front of a defender to draw pk, and he got it.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:49 pm Senegal needs to run up the goal tab on Qatar. Can they do it? As things stand it doesn’t look like they can beat Ecuador
Look at the energy levels. Quite incredible. Ecuador will be a shootout, goal difference may come into play, 2 man press and players walking around the pitch. Unbelievable. With all the energy being conserved, not enough oxygen to the brain to find a team mate with a pass.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:41 pm That was a clear PK to Qatar!
No it wasn’t. The player put his foot in front of the defender.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Good job Senegal! Tough ole game
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

poor half, not sure why he's playing two holding midfielders against Qatar. no one out there to link with the attack.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Coach wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:49 pm Senegal needs to run up the goal tab on Qatar. Can they do it? As things stand it doesn’t look like they can beat Ecuador
Look at the energy levels. Quite incredible. Ecuador will be a shootout, goal difference may come into play, 2 man press and players walking around the pitch. Unbelievable. With all the energy being conserved, not enough oxygen to the brain to find a team mate with a pass.
...Ecuador play typical African gra gra, I hope Senegal can match them. They really miss Mane.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 pm
metalalloy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:38 pm These sene boys need to be smarter. The hosts will get all the breaks they can.
I am shocked Qatar didn’t get a PK there. If FIFA was trying to push the hosts over the line THAT would have been the time to do it
...they say the refs have meetings every night at the end of the day to discuss issues like this, because same thing happened yesterday with Ronaldo (deliberately) getting in front of a defender to draw pk, and he got it.
Initiate the contact, lecture 1 in the Art of Centre-forwardship. Show him away from goal, avoid contact lecture 1 in the Art of Centrebacking. Simple. Harry Kane is the master of the former. At one point, Van Dijk had gone 150 games without giving away a penalty.
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

I am disappointed honestly - that was the best chance for Qatar to get a goal at this World Cup. What were the VAR folks thinking? They should have given the ref a chance to review it - or did the ref ignore them after they communicated such to him? That was a stone cold penalty oh...FIFA has really failed to give the hosts a good chance to win or at least lead in this game...

Too bad for the tournament, the hosts doing well is always a positive thing...strangely I don't think Ecuador's first goal after just 2 minutes against Qatar should have been disallowed for offside - I saw that as a clear attempt to help the host team, so how on earth have they failed to award them a penalty that absolutely no one would argue was unfair had it been awarded?

The mind really boggles on this one - I hope that won't try to rectify it in the second half by awarding Qatar a dodgy penalty! :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:56 pm
...Ecuador play typical African gra gra, I hope Senegal can match them. They really miss Mane.
Then they both deserve to be eliminated.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Senegal were fortunate the ref did not blow a pk against them. It looked legit to me

I don’t like the way Senegal is playing particularly the way they finished the half. They decided to pass the ball around instead of pressing for more.

Their strikers are wasteful and poor. I am not confident they’ll hold on to the lead.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 pm
This could be the reason. Can't have two "soft" PKs in less than 24 hours again African teams? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chief I am not even sure Senegal will come out of this game with a win. As I type, some FIFA bigwig is probably biting off the ref's ear about that missed PK opportunity. Amends will be made for Qatar :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Dia did what Inaki didn’t do yesterday with a gift.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chief Bambostic wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:57 pm
I am disappointed honestly - that was the best chance for Qatar to get a goal at this World Cup. What were the VAR folks thinking? They should have given the ref a chance to review it - or did the ref ignore them after they communicated such to him? That was a stone cold penalty oh...FIFA has really failed to give the hosts a good chance to win or at least lead in this game...

Too bad for the tournament, the hosts doing well is always a positive thing...strangely I don't think Ecuador's first goal after just 2 minutes against Qatar should have been disallowed for offside - I saw that as a clear attempt to help the host team, so how on earth have they failed to award them a penalty that absolutely no one would argue was unfair had it been awarded?

The mind really boggles on this one - I hope that won't try to rectify it in the second half by awarding Qatar a dodgy penalty! :lol:
The ref wasn't on script. I'm sure some FIFA bigshot is setting him straight right now. Amends might be made for Qatar in the 2nd half :sneaky: Senegal better sit up.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

felarey wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:04 pm Dia did what Inaki didn’t do yesterday with a gift.
Inaki had 4 Portuguese players on him, and the ball didn't fall as kindly

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:59 pm Senegal were fortunate the ref did not blow a pk against them. It looked legit to me

I don’t like the way Senegal is playing particularly the way they finished the half. They decided to pass the ball around instead of pressing for more.

Their strikers are wasteful and poor. I am not confident they’ll hold in to the lead.
Would be interesting to know the distance run and number of sprints made. Quite incredible how lethargic display has been. Has this tournament not shown that it can spring a surprise on a half spin. No impetus to safeguard one's own intentions from whatever the God's of the game conspire. Having lost the first game, this is an absolute must win. Yes, its Qatar, but all it takes is naive defending or a set piece. Wheres the urgency? Having just watched Iran run themselves into the ground in a must win, what an absolute contrast. Liven up FFS!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Not a penalty, the guy refused to play the ball and earnestly went for the contact. If that is a foul then every time a player uses his body to block a player from playing the ball needs to be called.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

They need to run up the score for a team that once failed to advance due to a coin flip.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .