[WC 2022 ]Netherlands 1 vs Ecuador 1 (Gakpo, Valencia )

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 ]Netherlands 1 vs Ecuador 1 (Gakpo, Valencia )

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:05 pm Look what Equador did with this squad. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ecuador World Cup 2022 squad
Goalkeepers: Alexander Dominguez (Liga de Quito), Hernan Galindez (Aucas), Moises Ramirez (Independiente del Valle).

Defenders: Pervis Estupinan (Brighton & Hove Albion), Angelo Preciado (Gent), Piero Hincapie (Bayer Leverkusen), Xavier Arreaga (Seattle Sounders), Diego Palacios (Los Angeles FC), Jackson Porozo (Troyes), Robert Arboleda (Sao Paulo), Felix Torres (Santos Laguna), William Pacho (Royal Antwerp FC).

Midfielders: Moises Caicedo (Brighton), Jose Cifuentes (Los Angeles FC), Alan Franco (Talleres), Jhegson Mendez (Los Angeles FC), Carlos Gruezo (Augsburg), Gonzalo Plata (Valladolid), Angel Mena (Leon), Ayrton Preciado (Santos Laguna), Romario Ibarra (Pachuca), Jeremy Sarmiento (Brighton)
So they did not bring any attackers to the World Cup?
Forwards: Enner Valencia (Fenerbahce), Michael Estrada (Cruz Azul), Djorkaeff Reasco (Newell's Old Boys), Kevin Rodriguez (Imbabura SC) (Reporting by Angelica Medina in Mexico City).
OCCUPY NFF!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:05 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:23 pm This Ecuador side are fun to watch!!
My bros, they are playing the real jogo bonito which Brazil has abandoned. :thumb: :thumb:

Ohsee, I assume you watched Brazil vs Serbia.

If not...you indeed missed a Thanksgiving Day sized portion of Jogo Bonito, with ghosts of the Ginga howling.

:mrgreen:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:10 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:30 pm I wonder how many WC's these Euro Nations would have won if more competitions were played outside their zone. A lot of them look average.

Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Holland, and Wales all look like AFCON's sides.

You mean like having a WC in Brazil.

Sure, I guess a team like Germany than would REALLY get exposed.

:)

Come on man. Let's not exaggerate. Again, it's a marathon and this WC in particular is being played in unusual circumstances. Euro teams have done well everywhere...and still might in this WC.

No doubt Equador was the better team. I was surprised how slow and unimaginative the Dutch were. Equador in contrast showed a lot of dynamism and speed in the final 1/3, crafting a few nice chances.
I mean you do have the most representation, so you will buck the trend every once in a while. You are right though, this is marathon.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:15 pm
mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:10 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:30 pm I wonder how many WC's these Euro Nations would have won if more competitions were played outside their zone. A lot of them look average.

Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Holland, and Wales all look like AFCON's sides.

You mean like having a WC in Brazil.

Sure, I guess a team like Germany than would REALLY get exposed.

Come on man. Let's not exaggerate. Again, it's a marathon and this WC in particular is being played in unusual circumstances. Euro teams have done well everywhere...and still might in this WC.

No doubt Equador was the better team. I was surprised how slow and unimaginative the Dutch were. Equador in contrast showed a lot of dynamism and speed in the final 1/3, crafting a few nice chances.
I mean you do have the most representation, so you will buck the trend every once in a while. You are right though, this is marathon.
If Brazil falters, a European team will probably be the winner of this WC. Europeans also won in South Africa as well as Brazil.

All I'm saying is it's not far fetched to say Europeans would still win at a similar rate if more WCs were outside Europe.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Game on

One thing is for sure. The USA won’t lose because of a lack of effort. They’ll leave it on the field
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Options have narrowed for Senegal. The game against Ecuador is going to be Spicy.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:12 pm
My bros, they are playing the real jogo bonito which Brazil has abandoned. :thumb: :thumb:

If not...you indeed missed a Thanksgiving Day sized portion of Jogo Bonito, with ghosts of the Ginga howling.

I am sure you enjoyed it that much more since it was Serbia at the receiving end.

This current Serbia looks stronger than Croatia in my view. They look like they are selected with size as a deliberate consideration to rough up their opponents.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 ]Netherlands 1 vs Ecuador 0 (Gakpo)

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:50 pm Equador can win Afcon and probably not conceed a goal. It would be that easy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief, I watched it. Brazil did not beautiful the game the way Ecuador did it today, except for Richarlison's incredible second goal. :thumb: :thumb: Brazil mostly put me to sleep.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 ]Netherlands vs Ecuador

Post by wanaj0 »

AreaDaddy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:09 pm A big Netherlands win will be the best result for Senegal. That will leave their fate completely in their hands.
Senegal just need to beat Ecuador. No if or but
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:10 pm

I am sure you enjoyed it that much more since it was Serbia at the receiving end.

This current Serbia looks stronger than Croatia in my view. They look like they are selected with size as a deliberate consideration to rough up their opponents.
No, like Croats, Serbs are naturally tall people but smarter than their catholic brethrens :lol: :taunt:. Now, on the other hand, location 419 is full of short, malnourished, indomie fed youths :laugh:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

scholl wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:55 pm

No, like Croats, Serbs are naturally tall people but smarter than their catholic brethrens :lol: :taunt:. Now, on the other hand, location 419 is full of short, malnourished, indomie fed youths :laugh:

I tell ya Scholl, you need to stop visiting extreme nationalist web sites for your info.

Like I said, this Serbian team is good. But the average height is a problem against fleet footed teams. You saw it in this game.

Finally, Croatia overall outperforms Serbia in sports, definitely football. I expect you to root for us against Canada. Thanks my friend.

:taunt:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:19 pm
scholl wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:55 pm

I tell ya Scholl, you need to stop visiting extreme nationalist web sites for your info.

Like I said, this Serbian team is good. But the average height is a problem against fleet footed teams. You saw it in this game.

Finally, Croatia overall outperforms Serbia in sports, definitely football. I expect you to root for us against Canada. Thanks my friend.

:taunt:
Only you would know who visits nationalists sites. Maybe I’ll check the Croat govt site for a start. I could care less about Croatia and Canada. I hope it’s a very ugly game that an unprecedented actions takes place, where FIFA deducts points from both teams :taunt:

Of course a higher center of gravity is a problem against a well planted team. The Serbs aren’t as bad a team compared to recent years.