[WC 2022] ENGLAND 0 USA 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] ENGLAND 0 USA 0

Post by green4life »

Comrade Machel wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:51 pm President of an African country

Cheering for another nation on a different continent :curse: :cry:

We are a joke
He’s cheering for his son playing (and scoring) in a World Cup. No issues there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

We are a joke

You mean a man cheering his son play?

You sir are the joke!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] ENGLAND 0 USA 0 FT

Post by kajifu »

Make i feel free and join the WE club,
We need beat Iran and they are no joke,the game with England was a fluke and England get carried away.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@coach,

England have even more talent than 2018, but the team remains on same level and has not evolved, except for Southgate's fashion sense...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:11 pm @coach,

England have even more talent than 2018, but the team remains on same level and has not evolved, except for Southgate's fashion sense...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The USA in my view outplayed England. Once again, England shows it is not a Tier 1 European side. Stiff, hoofing, no creativity, and, as usual, nobody to lead at a world class level.

The USA has clearly improved. Better than my expectations. We're still short of being a team that can consistently get past a 1st round. Maybe we cannot get the win we need against Iran?

But the damn is almost broken. This is a huge step, the way we play now. We'll get a world class midfielder eventually. And strikers who can score consistently.

I've NEVER seen the USA play this kind of football in all my life. Again, the damn will break.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

packerland wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:55 pm

We are a joke
Bro, his son is playing for that country. And if you know your history, the US help form Liberia. Heck their flags look similar.
Samora has just exposed himself hia. Bia Samora do you know where all your kids are? Are you even in touch with them? :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Guys how come it's now I am noticing Tyler Adams? I was wondering where the heck would a coach make an 18 year old a captain. Kid is over heck of a payer. Very good and cleaning. I really enjoy watching him play.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 pm The USA in my view outplayed England. Once again, England shows it is not a Tier 1 European side. Stiff, hoofing, no creativity, and, as usual, nobody to lead at a world class level.

The USA has clearly improved. Better than my expectations. We're still short of being a team that can consistently get past a 1st round. Maybe we cannot get the win we need against Iran?

But the damn is almost broken. This is a huge step, the way we play now. We'll get a world class midfielder eventually. And strikers who can score consistently.

I've NEVER seen the USA play this kind of football in all my life. Again, the damn will break.
Dam. Correct on all points nonetheless. That was a controlled and assured game from the USA, good enough to threaten ANYONE at this WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tyler Adams for me was the player of the match.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 pm The USA in my view outplayed England. Once again, England shows it is not a Tier 1 European side. Stiff, hoofing, no creativity, and, as usual, nobody to lead at a world class level.

Hmmmm they were Euro finalist. They are very much tier 1 in Europe along with France, Germany, Italy and Belgium.

The gap has just closed between Europe and the rest of the World.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The USA have invested a huge amount of money in the game. The outcome is pretty darn good league that seems to have at least caught up with the Mexican league. The other outcome is an excellent conveyor belt of quality players. Today at least seven of the seven of the starters came through the US system. There’s no better way to develop a NT than to build a decent soccer league
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Tyler is not 18.
bamenda boy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:18 pm Guys how come it's now I am noticing Tyler Adams? I was wondering where the heck would a coach make an 18 year old a captain. Kid is over heck of a payer. Very good and cleaning. I really enjoy watching him play.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

green4life wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:19 pm Tyler Adams for me was the player of the match.
If that boy was English, he would be worth 80 million euro. As good as Declan rice in my book.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 pm

Hmmmm they were Euro finalist. They are very much tier 1 in Europe along with France, Germany, Italy and Belgium.

The gap has just closed between Europe and the rest of the World.

England played only 1 really strong team in the Euro: Italy. Croatia was in total rebuild, Germany still in rebuilding. Ukraine and Denmark en-route to Germany in the semi.

In the World Cup, England lost 3 games. Twice to Belgium. Obviously to Croatia in the semifinal. Even beat Colombia on penalty kicks.

They are not tier 1 by any stretch of the imagination. They need to win a set of titles with some conviction. Lastly, it shows in their play...not even beginning to approach their more fluent continental competitors.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 pm The USA have invested a huge amount of money in the game. The outcome is pretty darn good league that seems to have at least caught up with the Mexican league. The other outcome is an excellent conveyor belt of quality players. Today at least seven of the seven of the starters came through the US system. There’s no better way to develop a NT than to build a decent soccer league

KPOM. The MLS + Euro based players are a foundation for playing a better brand of football. It will still take time to get polished players.

The real change will occur when our players are on Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, an Juventus. Playing big time roles. It's going to happen.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 pm The USA have invested a huge amount of money in the game. The outcome is pretty darn good league that seems to have at least caught up with the Mexican league. The other outcome is an excellent conveyor belt of quality players. Today at least seven of the seven of the starters came through the US system. There’s no better way to develop a NT than to build a decent soccer league

I've been saying this for years.

The MLS in the next 5-7yrs will be competing on equal footing with Europe for South American talent, especially when it is merged with the Mexican league...

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mate,

England are number 5 in the world in Fifa rankings. 3rd in Europe. They are a top tier European side. That just doesn't amount to as much as it did back in the day. That is why the USA and Ecuador are outplaying Euro giants like England and Holland. It is what it is.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Also why Canada almost mollywhopped Belgium.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:19 pm Tyler Adams for me was the player of the match.

Told you about him, didn't I...

smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

I agree! I can’t wait for 2026to go to the stadiums in person and see America perform.

I think you meant “dam(barrier” and not “damn(curse word)” . I have seen it rumored somewhere that after Man City, Pep may take up a national team coaching assignment with the USA.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

txj wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Told you about him, didn't I...
The brother is good. He will be snapped up by a UCL team before too long.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:11 pm @coach,

Gareth can only be Gareth. It’s not in his fabric to do otherwise with the players at his disposal. The 4-2-whatever, was never the intended formation, the handbrake which is by default; atleast semi-applied, is fully engaged, under absolute instruction. Woe betide the fullbacks leave Maguire and Gentleman John at the mercy of the marauding forward. Pragmatism it is.