[WC 2022] ENGLAND 0 USA 0 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] ENGLAND 0 USA 0 FT

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:36 pm Mate,

England are number 5 in the world in Fifa rankings. 3rd in Europe. They are a top tier European side. That just doesn't amount to as much as it did back in the day. That is why the USA and Ecuador are outplaying Euro giants like England and Holland. It is what it is.

We interestingly had this discussion on the Equador vs Holland thread. Europe has won in South Africa and Brazil since 2010. It well might win even this WC, despite a choppy start...with Spain, France, and Portugal looking good to compete with Brazil.

Emphasis on so far. This is a marathon, not sprint.

By the way, Costa Rica got annihilated by Spain, team the USA lost to during qualifying. I know football isn't the transitive property, but this speaks more about England being weaker than Spain. I think the USA is a decent team.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] ENGLAND 0 USA 0

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:17 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:55 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:51 pm President of an African country

Cheering for another nation on a different continent :curse: :cry:

We are a joke
Bro, his son is playing for that country. And if you know your history, the US help form Liberia. Heck their flags look similar.
Samora has just exposed himself hia. Bia Samora do you know where all your kids are? Are you even in touch with them? :woot:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
His 21 kids with 21 RFA moms? :lol: :lol: How can he know where they are? :rotf: Samora, na yoke a dey yoke oh. No vex abeg. :biggrin:
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:02 pm
smallpikin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:59 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:57 pm
smallpikin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:55 pm Now this game gives me perspective. I cross out England from the favorites list. Top tier to me now is: Brazil, Spain, France, Argentina, and perhaps Portugal.
You’re picking names not teams. Argentina’s plane is warming up.
They have Messi. They are never out of the favorites’ list unless it is mathematically concluded or they are knocked out.
Or they still have to play Nigeria. Not this time. We not in but we’ve sent okro soup for them to enjoy.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:45 pm
txj wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:11 pm @coach,

England have even more talent than 2018, but the team remains on same level and has not evolved, except for Southgate's fashion sense...
Gareth can only be Gareth. It’s not in his fabric to do otherwise with the players at his disposal. The 4-2-whatever, was never the intended formation, the handbrake which is by default; atleast semi-applied, is fully engaged, under absolute instruction. Woe betide the fullbacks leave Maguire and Gentleman John at the mercy of the marauding forward. Pragmatism it is.
You mean Calamity John..... :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

smallpikin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:43 pm
txj wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:37 pm
green4life wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:19 pm Tyler Adams for me was the player of the match.

Told you about him, didn't I...
The brother is good. He will be snapped up by a UCL team before too long.
He used to play in the champions league with RB Leipzig.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

txj wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:29 pm
YUJAM wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 pm The USA have invested a huge amount of money in the game. The outcome is pretty darn good league that seems to have at least caught up with the Mexican league. The other outcome is an excellent conveyor belt of quality players. Today at least seven of the seven of the starters came through the US system. There’s no better way to develop a NT than to build a decent soccer league

I've been saying this for years.

The MLS in the next 5-7yrs will be competing on equal footing with Europe for South American talent, especially when it is merged with the Mexican league...
They may not even need the Mexican league. MLS clubs are getting the best of Mexican clubs as of re ent meetings. A merger will be nice though
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Seems his Majesty, the King's, Secret Servants have all calmed down on CE :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We are a joke
To be fair to Weah. They're actually African Americans that returned to Africa as freed slaves. So they do have strong links to America.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:24 am
Pah! Back seat drivers!

The strategy is going to be about getting through, not "winning the group". I'm not sure how it works now, but I thought the idea used to be that winning the group meant you are less likely to play another group winner. In this tournament, there could be quite a few group runners up that are more dangerous than the group winner.

Unlike the US, England would have been told, "don't lose it, but don't go injure yourself looking for 3-0".
Also, Southgate would know that you must keep tricks in your bag for the knockout stages. No need to reveal your full capability or "secret weapon" in this situation. You could argue that you must break in all your best players during the group stage, but other people would argue that the playoffs and training are for that. The strategy is the manager's decision. Certainly no need for the negativity when England are well-placed.

What was promising here was shots on target. In the past there was this feeling that England had no chance because of inability to get shots in on target.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

ohsee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 pm

We are a joke
Bro, his son is playing for that country. And if you know your history, the US help form Liberia. Heck their flags look similar.
Samora has just exposed himself hia. Bia Samora do you know where all your kids are? Are you even in touch with them? :woot:
His 21 kids with 21 RFA moms? :lol: :lol: How can he know where they are? :rotf: Samora, na yoke a dey yoke oh. No vex abeg. :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf:
Oga who are you placing your bet on so far
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:51 pm

We are a joke
Go apologize to Richarlison before another post
The guy is a donkey chief. Scoring two goals doesn't change that :rotf:

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

We are a joke

Oga come now

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:41 am Seems his Majesty, the King's, Secret Servants have all calmed down on CE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bret "the shitman" Fart flashing his thong for some Essex RFA to take him in for the weekend, all for naught!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mate wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 pm The USA in my view outplayed England. Once again, England shows it is not a Tier 1 European side. Stiff, hoofing, no creativity, and, as usual, nobody to lead at a world class level.

The USA has clearly improved. Better than my expectations. We're still short of being a team that can consistently get past a 1st round. Maybe we cannot get the win we need against Iran?

But the damn is almost broken. This is a huge step, the way we play now. We'll get a world class midfielder eventually. And strikers who can score consistently.

I've NEVER seen the USA play this kind of football in all my life. Again, the damn will break.

You have been saying the same garbage for 20 years. America will not do $#% in football. You don't have the pedigree nor the talent. You never will.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

We are a joke
Imagine if a Nigerian president went to watch his Son play for England
just imagine all the howls and insults from all the people talking ‘We’ in here 😂
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

We are a joke
What does RFA mean??
:???:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

JuJuMan wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:32 pm

We are a joke
just imagine all the howls and insults from all the people talking ‘We’ in here 😂
...I wonder how the scenario will come about?
George Weah played/worked in the USA, had his son there. His son remained there with his mother, thus a citizen. He returns to Liberia to be a politician, became a senator, and president.
My friend, I don't see a Nigerian man rising to the top like that and allow his son to play football, instead he will be saddled with cash and toys, and lavishness to boot.
How many of our past presidents, and aspiring ones now, have kids doing regular man's job?
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:46 pm

We are a joke
What does RFA mean??
:???:
Recently Free and Available.. :D
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

mcal wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:52 pm

We are a joke
George Weah played/worked in the USA, had his son there. His son remained there with his mother, thus a citizen. He returns to Liberia to be a politician, became a senator, and president.
My friend, I don't see a Nigerian man rising to the top like that and allow his son to play football, instead he will be saddled with cash and toys, and lavishness to boot.
How many of our past presidents, and aspiring ones now, have kids doing regular man's job?
So you think international footballer is a ‘regular man’ job?

I am sure nearly every Nigerian politician has children who are citizens of foreign countries

You people just love giving The USA a pass from atrocities, talking ‘we’ 😂
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

We are a joke
The son is only half Liberian. His mum is a naturalised American (from Jamaica originally). I can see on the surface itis as we say "looks somehow", but dig deeper and it stands to reason.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

JuJuMan wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:01 pm

We are a joke

I am sure nearly every Nigerian politician has children who are citizens of foreign countries

...is that the cause to denounce a father and his son?
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

mcal wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:08 pm
JuJuMan wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:01 pm

We are a joke

...is that the cause to denounce a father and his son?
denounce is something you just made up here, I doubt you can find a single comment I made about him

Just calling out the hypocrisy, you KNOW how they would
insult a Nigerian president coming to watch his son play for England
I can just imagine an England vs Nigeria match