[WC 2022 ]Tunisia vs Australia (0-1) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 ]Tunisia vs Australia (0-1) FT

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:41 pm
akamoke wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:30 pm Txj

You seem to be arguing in an empty room because no one is disputing that Tunisia did not deserve to qualify for the World Cup , no one !!

What is in discussion here and indeed captured in the title of the thread is the non performance of Tunisia at World cups

I mean , Italy did not qualify for the World Cup but when they do , they have a track record

The issue here is World Cup performance not qualification performance

It’s only marginally worse than Nigeria or Cameroon or Ghanas performance.
So what is the point? We’re not as “worse” as you are “worse” :blush: ?
Also, Nigeria, (6) Ghana,(4), and Cameroon (4) have won more games than Tunisia at the World Cup! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:21 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:56 pm CAF must copy the South American world-cup qualifying format for 2026 .
2 groups of 10 teams each. The Top 4 qualifies and the 5th and 6th teams from each group will play for the 9th and continental playoff spot.

The winner joins the other 8 and the loser goes into the continental playoffs
This is a good idea. Knowing CAF, it will be some home/away type shiiit with away goal rule.
The South American qualifying format I like but it favors teams with good local based players like some of our North American brothers. In the South American format they can play up to 3 games in a week. Imagine if a club like Napoli convinces a recently back from injury Osimhen not to join up with the NT, that is 3 crucial games we’ll play without our best player.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:02 pm

You seem to be arguing in an empty room because no one is disputing that Tunisia did not deserve to qualify for the World Cup , no one !!

What is in discussion here and indeed captured in the title of the thread is the non performance of Tunisia at World cups

I mean , Italy did not qualify for the World Cup but when they do , they have a track record

Also, Nigeria, (6) Ghana,(4), and Cameroon (4) have won more games than Tunisia at the World Cup! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wonderful achievement for Africa….
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:08 pm

You can leave! No be by force to be African! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

packerland wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:56 pm CAF must copy the South American world-cup qualifying format for 2026 .
2 groups of 10 teams each. The Top 4 qualifies and the 5th and 6th teams from each group will play for the 9th and continental playoff spot.

This is a good idea. Knowing CAF, it will be some home/away type shiiit with away goal rule.
The South American qualifying format I like but it favors teams with good local based players like some of our North American brothers. In the South American format they can play up to 3 games in a week. Imagine if a club like Napoli convinces a recently back from injury Osimhen not to join up with the NT, that is 3 crucial games we’ll play without our best player.

That was only due to COVID! They only play two games during the FIFA window, 18 games total!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Can we figure out how to qualify ugly like Tunisia always does and then play our own game?

Tunisians and North African clubs know how to get a draw at your house and they beat you straight or with cheating in their home. Remember when they came to naija & got a draw and if not for the help we got from another country we would’ve missed out on that WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Undertaker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:17 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm

That was only due to COVID! They only play two games during the FIFA window, 18 games total!

More excuses on this thread than a 3rd grader.
How is the qualifications format an explanation for Nigeria failing to beat Ghana?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Hmmm I am not so sure the Tunisian model is working for them, functional league, or not. We definitely perform better than them at all levels of the NT. It isn't even close. And yes, their record in the WC is absolutely shocking.

I know we are all hurt to be watching the WC from the outside, but there's no need to exaggerate any supposed Northern African superiority...there is none when it comes to the NT.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

airwolex wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:35 pm Hmmm I am not so sure the Tunisian model is working for them, functional league, or not. We definitely perform better than them at all levels of the NT. It isn't even close. And yes, their record in the WC is absolutely shocking.

I know we are all hurt to be watching the WC from the outside, but there's no need to exaggerate any supposed Northern African superiority...there is none when it comes to the NT.
Precisely, this thread is about Tunisia and their lousy World Cup run not about Nigeria or how better Tunisia is than Nigeria , surely we can have both conversations

Nigeria sucks for not qualifying but Tunisia sucks for always qualifying and not putting up a fight at the big dance
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

akamoke wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:28 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:35 pm Hmmm I am not so sure the Tunisian model is working for them, functional league, or not. We definitely perform better than them at all levels of the NT. It isn't even close. And yes, their record in the WC is absolutely shocking.

Precisely, this thread is about Tunisia and their lousy World Cup run not about Nigeria or how better Tunisia is than Nigeria , surely we can have both conversations

Nigeria sucks for not qualifying but Tunisia sucks for always qualifying and not putting up a fight at the big dance

Moral of the story is that they both suck.
Thanks for agreeing with me….

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Tunisia got to play Mali to qualify and qualified only thanks to bad own goal.

They scored a total of zero goals by themselves. And had an easy group with Equatorial Guinea and Zambia... The qualification system is crap. Egypt, Algeria, Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire would all do a better job. Hell, even Burkina Faso.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

African countries are pathetic. They are losing to everyone. They are even losing to Australia, and it is not rugby we are talking about.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Tunisia are a slightly below average team by world standards and one of the better teams in Africa simply because they have an organized league that develops players that are technically better than players that come out of most African leagues.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

txj wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:59 pm

Ah so that is what this was all about all along , the quest to agree with you

Perhaps you could have phrased your points differently on the first place

No one was disputing that Nigeria is not lousy except that our World Cup results are better than Tunisia , you projected that to mean we should have been at the WC and not Tunisia
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

akamoke wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:01 am

No one was disputing that Nigeria is not lousy except that our World Cup results are better than Tunisia , you projected that to mean we should have been at the WC and not Tunisia

What twas all about is 20/20 vision about others and never about oneself

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

txj wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:01 pm

This is where I disagree , at least from CE perspective, we are our biggest critic, if the Eagles were in the WC and they lost to Australia, this site will crash
Again, once can criticize others knowing that we are also bad, that was never in dispute, at least on this thread which was specifically about Tunisia

Don't miscontrue some people seeing things differently to you as those burying had in sand, we all have different ways of dealing with our situation (DNQ) but I assure you we are all fans and none of us really have direct impact on what is going on with our team, our rant notwithstanding
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

akamoke wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:16 pm

This is where I disagree , at least from CE perspective, we are our biggest critic, if the Eagles were in the WC and they lost to Australia, this site will crash
Again, once can criticize others knowing that we are also bad, that was never in dispute, at least on this thread which was specifically about Tunisia

Don't miscontrue some people seeing things differently to you as those burying had in sand, we all have different ways of dealing with our situation (DNQ) but I assure you we are all fans and none of us really have direct impact on what is going on with our team, our rant notwithstanding

We lost to a poor Ghana team and on THIS thread our reaction is to seek a different qualification format.
It’s always a little rosy tinted when looking at oneself
Between 2002 and 2018 Nigeria won two games in four appearances against Bosnia and Iceland

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Be consistent in your argument or at least state your motive from the get go

You started here ranting about why we are not in the position of criticising Tunisia because they qualified , after we dissected the logic you go on to claim Nigeria’s World Cup record is marginally better then Nigeria

Then we show you that actually it’s much better as we qualified for the round of 16 3x , topping our group twice , you go on to say what an achievement for Africa

Well, 3 African teams have made it to quarter finals , let me help you “what an achievement for Africa “

What is your issue, that we are sitting at home and have the gall to comment on a forum on another team’s performance or that Africa has underachieved, if it is both then be honest up front instead of reaching for new argument when your previous one was proven flawed

I’m sorry if you are expecting us to be in perpetual shame because we are short of our potential , perhaps a good advice is for you to grow a thicker skin
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

akamoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:45 pm

You started here ranting about why we are not in the position of criticising Tunisia because they qualified , after we dissected the logic you go on to claim Nigeria’s World Cup record is marginally better then Nigeria

Then we show you that actually it’s much better as we qualified for the round of 16 3x , topping our group twice , you go on to say what an achievement for Africa

Well, 3 African teams have made it to quarter finals , let me help you “what an achievement for Africa “

What is your issue, that we are sitting at home and have the gall to comment on a forum on another team’s performance or that Africa has underachieved, if it is both then be honest up front instead of reaching for new argument when your previous one was proven flawed

I’m sorry if you are expecting us to be in perpetual shame because we are short of our potential , perhaps a good advice is for you to grow a thicker skin

Its obviously both. Duh...

We're not much better than them. And that is my main point. We are NOT much better than them.
One can even argue that for their talent vis a vis ours, they are making more of it than we are...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

txj wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:45 pm
akamoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:45 pm

Its obviously both. Duh...

We're not much better than them. And that is my main point. We are NOT much better than them.
One can even argue that for their talent vis a vis ours, they are making more of it than we are...
At the moment yes, but not overall - that was also the point we are trying to make
One can argue we make better use of our WC slot that they do, now we both go to the drawing board for 2026