Cameroonians on site, is it true that Swiss star Breel Embolo's father's house in Younde was attacked?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Cameroonians on site, is it true that Swiss star Breel Embolo's father's house in Younde was attacked?

Post by ohsee »

This video has not been confirmed anywhere else. I got it on WhatsApp, and it's supposed to be trending on social media. Can anyone from Cameroon confirm or deny? Breel, born in Cameroon, emigrated with his mom to Switzerland at 5 years old, and scored the only goal for Switzerland in their game on Thursday.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroonians on site, is it true that Swiss star Breel Embolo's father's house in Younde was attacked?

Post by smallpikin »

Apparently, the father divorced the mother when Breel was young and was not taking care of his children. The mother did whatever she had to do to get herself and the children to Switzerland. Now Cameroonians blame the father for Embolo ending up in Switzerland and are taking their frustrations on him.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroonians on site, is it true that Swiss star Breel Embolo's father's house in Younde was attacked?

Post by wanaj0 »

I am waiting for Camex to respond to this
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I also heard that he wanted to play for Cameroon but someone asked him to pay. Same story we heard about Mbappe.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

joplass wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:03 pm I also heard that he wanted to play for Cameroon but someone asked him to pay. Same story we heard about Mbappe.
It won’t surprise me. You can’t do much in that country without bribing first.
Last edited by smallpikin on Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:27 pm Apparently, the father divorced the mother when Breel was young and was not taking care of his children. The mother did whatever she had to do to get herself and the children to Switzerland. Now Cameroonians blame the father for Embolo ending up in Switzerland and are taking their frustrations on him.
:lol:
So it's true? I thought somebody just made it up :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

joplass wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:03 pm I also heard that he wanted to play for Cameroon but someone asked him to pay. Same story we heard about Mbappe.
May be true for Breel, but I doubt it for Mbappe. The French would have sent airborne commandos to Cameroon to bring Mbappe back if he tried to play for Cameroon. :lol:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohsee wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:47 pm
May be true for Breel, but I doubt it for Mbappe. The French would have sent airborne commandos to Cameroon to bring Mbappe back if he tried to play for Cameroon. :lol:
It’s probably not true Chief . If true, then it’s more than likely before Mbappe became good. It’s like how we lost Alaba.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smallpikin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:27 pm Apparently, the father divorced the mother when Breel was young and was not taking care of his children. The mother did whatever she had to do to get herself and the children to Switzerland. Now Cameroonians blame the father for Embolo ending up in Switzerland and are taking their frustrations on him.
So these Camorons are worse than Nigerians? :lol: :lol: Cowards who dont know where their pain is coming from. Biya and his animal looking wife have plundered Cameroon into abject poverty, sapping every single nutrient from Cameroon. But trust the common African, typical m0r0n! They will find a way to channel their frustration on the wrong thing. :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

:lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:07 pm
It’s probably not true Chief . If true, then it’s more than likely before Mbappe became good. It’s like how we lost Alaba.
And he was never not good, so makes the story even less believable…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

ohsee wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:58 pm
This video has not been confirmed anywhere else. I got it on WhatsApp, and it's supposed to be trending on social media. Can anyone from Cameroon confirm or deny? Breel, born in Cameroon, emigrated with his mom to Switzerland at 5 years old, and scored the only goal for Switzerland in their game on Thursday.
Vid is not true. Guys were angry because ENEO, Cameroon version of Nepa took power during the game.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

bamenda boy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:32 am
ohsee wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:58 pm
Vid is not true. Guys were angry because ENEO, Cameroon version of Nepa took power during the game.
And Breel’s father’s house is the headquarters of ENEO? I haven’t watched the video btw
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Not true. My Cameroonian friend says it is because they took power
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

His mom said on daily mail that she cannot understand the frustration, she says her son was trained in Switzerland and even if he wanted to play for Cameroon, you had to pay Samuel Eto management company! these people take the piss, she says Cameroon do not do a damn thing about their footballers, she is right
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

marko wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:12 pm His mom said on daily mail that she cannot understand the frustration, she says her son was trained in Switzerland and even if he wanted to play for Cameroon, you had to pay Samuel Eto management company! these people take the piss, she says Cameroon do not do a damn thing about their footballers, she is right
Huh? Eto just became the federation president not too long ago. Was he running things undercover before he got appointed?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

He became president before the team qualified for the WC. As you know when a team makes the WC eligible foreign based players want to play or can be convinced to return. There is also a lot of shady business that goes on during that window. The rumor is that Embolo wanted to play for Cameroon but was caught in one of such shady dealings with Utopia Group - a company partly owned by Eto’o.
See my post here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=308447&start=276
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

As a disclaimer personally, I don’t think Embolo is all that. Sure Cameroon could use him. What this highlights is how deep the corruption is and how two faced Mr Eto’o Fils is no matter how much he says he is a change ambassador.
As the old saying goes “don’t pay attention to what they say, watch what they do”
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

mblack wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:20 pm He became president before the team qualified for the WC. As you know when a team makes the WC eligible foreign based players want to play or can be convinced to return. There is also a lot of shady business that goes on during that window. The rumor is that Embolo wanted to play for Cameroon but was caught in one of such shady dealings with Utopia Group - a company partly owned by Eto’o.
See my post here:
Breel has been a full Swiss International since 2015. No way he could switch in 2022, NO WAY!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mblack wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:20 pm He became president before the team qualified for the WC. As you know when a team makes the WC eligible foreign based players want to play or can be convinced to return. There is also a lot of shady business that goes on during that window. The rumor is that Embolo wanted to play for Cameroon but was caught in one of such shady dealings with Utopia Group - a company partly owned by Eto’o.
See my post here:
Embolo made his senior international debut in March 2015.

Whether Embolo's mother is a mad woman, thats why she took her children and abandoned her husband or someone else is lying about the timeline.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:42 pm
See my post here:
Breel has been a full Swiss International since 2015. No way he could switch in 2022, NO WAY!!
They think we are stup1d :roll:
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:42 pm
See my post here:
You are spot on
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

What will burning his fathers home accomplish? A bunch of foolish fools. SMH at Africans and African-ness! Tufiakwa
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!