Cameroon [some plantainians] 3-3 Serbia

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroon [some plantainian] 3-3 Serbia

Post by fabio »

Very Naive from Serbia football team.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

fabio wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:19 pm Very Naive from Serbia football team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:14 pm
joplass wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:10 pm
metalalloy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:01 pm
joplass wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:59 pm Knuckleheads Eto'o and Song decided to play Aboubakar and Ekambi together then made the crucial mistake of leaving Onana out for this unknown keeper. Chai stupidity.
Scroll back a few pages for why Onana is not playing.
Is that really a reason to keep your best keeper out of the game. More childish stuff.
Absolutely. He is the coach, period. If the player is not willing to execute his game plan, then he is useless to the coach. At the end of the day, the coach’s head is in the line.
Yeah. My driver was driving me the other day on a bridge and he decided to take a left turn into the river. I let him and we are both dead. He is the driver.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

That’s a rather dumb analogy. You call the shots with the driver, the coach calls the shots on a team sport for a team he selected, that is exactly what he is hired to do.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

joplass wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:09 pm
The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:43 am Cameroon on the road to disaster. Self-Sabotage!

Onana has been banned from the group becuase he wasnt content with Rigoberts starting 11!
Is that a reason to ban your best keeper? Ego over the TEAM. Was he wrong!?
Was it that or was it because a member of Eto’o entourage who has no standing with the team (Ernest Obama) was addressing the team? Players led by Onana stood up against that and said that should not be allowed. They asked Song to take care of that and he did not. The rest is history.
It’s rumored Onana left Qatar already (I wonder how that’s possible).
Last edited by mblack on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Choupo-Moting was a liability to Cameroon in this game. Unlike when he plays with Bayern, there was zero urgency in his play today On the other hand, Abuobakar showed what an influential striker/player adds to a team in terms of leadership, influence and contribution to an overall team's performance. Bassong was useless. Aimless dribbling, and slow movement on ball.

It has been a while since I last saw on a big stage so much "police ball" out of the backline. Today, Lions played "police balls" and "anywhere belle face" in defence. Though some of the displays of the backline today in terms of "police balls" are reminder of Song's style in his playing days for Lions as well. In my view, Lions displayed complete lack of "technical ball movement intelligence" in defence today, and they paid dearly for it with those 3 goals conceded, in particular the second and third goals
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:19 pm Very Naive from Serbia football team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they thought they were playing the likes of San- Marino, Faroes Island etc . Zero sense on how to defend, they've let in 5 goals in 2 matches
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

mblack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:48 pm
The Goddess wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:43 am Cameroon on the road to disaster. Self-Sabotage!

Onana has been banned from the group becuase he wasnt content with Rigoberts starting 11!
Was it that or was it because a member of Eto’o entourage who has no standing with the team (Ernest Obama) was addressing the team? Players led by Onana stood up against that and said that should not be allowed. They asked Song to take care of that and he did not. The rest is history.
I heard that version too.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Eto'o is a rich dummy, the man is no admin. He destroyed the den from the time he joined the senior team. Japan and South Africa, we had better teams that what we have today but he managed to kill our hopes with in fightings.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

joplass wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:08 pm

Eto'o is a rich dummy, the man is no admin. He destroyed the den from the time he joined the senior team. Japan and South Africa, we had better teams that what we have today but he managed to kill our hopes with in fightings.
Apparently Eto has a sports management company which determines who plays for the national team and who does not! It was alleged by the mom of the Cameroon born player that plays for Switzerland, she says players that do not sign to this management has no chance of playing for cameroon? what are your thoughts?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Cameroon [some plantainian] 1-2 Serbia

Post by mcal »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:19 pm
mcal wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:10 pm
txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:58 am Just comical goalkeeping
...let's not be quick to to blame the goalie. The scorers of the 2 goals were unmarked so close to goal line.

GK slow to shuffle his feet.
No way Onana let's those goals especially the second, defensive errors notwithstanding
...easy to say. na so we shuffle SE goalie after blunder at Ghana, and the replacement did not atone.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroon [some plantainians] 3-3 Serbia

Post by 100%Naija »

Can you lot take this conspiracy gibberish talk to elsewhere and not pollute the game thread with your tribal/ethnic diatribe.

I just watched a team relentlessly fight back from a 3-1 deficit. Kudos to your entire team!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

What sort of weird defensive high line were Serbia playing? Kai! :rotf:
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Reading the reason that is being advanced for Onana’s exclusion is just laughable. Here is why:
- Onana is known for his very good foot skills and ball distribution
- He has been doing that for years. It’s true it was done a lot during the WC. Onana was not happy with how the center defender (N’Koulou) was playing. N’Koulou’s wife is related to Eto’o
- N’Koulou was a surprised addition to the team after he had exiled himself from the national team (because he wanted to be captain)
- The past ANC and qualifiers Ngadeu was the CD and he was somehow omitted from the squad
- In a not so long ago interview, Eto’o praised Onana’s foot skills even claiming he was a better outfield player and was one of the best in the world. He even postulated that Onana would be the starting keeper for Inter soon. I bring this up to show that how Onana plays is not new to anyone.
- This team has supposedly been practicing for the WC so how come Song did not correct this/ work on this or talk to him about this before Saturday? If this was something he had in mind would it not have been smart to work on this during the lead up to the WC?
- Is it not questionable that a player is sent home because the coach did not like his practice play style during training? We are talking training.
- It is said Song wanted him to play more direct instead of taking risks - again at practice. Look at the Swiss game, all Onana did was play direct. He passed many of the balls to the forwards.
- the fact that this happened at the World Cup shows a lack of leadership. At best it shows that Song did not select the right players to begin with if he just realized his keeper was not able to do what he wanted him to do.

This is all around disappointing no matter how you oook at it
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:38 pm Can you lot take this conspiracy gibberish talk to elsewhere and not pollute the game thread with your tribal/ethnic diatribe.

I just watched a team relentlessly fight back from a 3-1 deficit. Kudos to your entire team!

One can ignore it as much as we like but reality is, its a real issue...
How do you change GKs in a middle of a tournament like this?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:09 pm
100%Naija wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:38 pm Can you lot take this conspiracy gibberish talk to elsewhere and not pollute the game thread with your tribal/ethnic diatribe.

Not only change the Keeper but send the starter away from the tournament because of a disagreement about tactics at ONE practice. Not like it was reoccurring behavior.
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Song said a few moments ago that it was Onana who asked to leave (like others said when the story broke). It was first reported that he was sent home for disagreeing with the coach.

What’s missing here is that, Onana was actually standing up for the team and Song.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mblack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Not only change the Keeper but send the starter away from the tournament because of a disagreement about tactics at ONE practice. Not like it was reoccurring behavior.
Coach, I can picture you sounding like Allen Iverson. " Practice! Practice? We are talking Practice !". Lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mblack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:21 pm Song said a few moments ago that it was Onana who asked to leave (like others said when the story broke). It was first reported that he was sent home for disagreeing with the coach.

What’s missing here is that, Onana was actually standing up for the team and Song.
Ernest Obama is addressing the team as who?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:39 pm
mblack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Coach, I can picture you sounding like Allen Iverson. " Practice! Practice? We are talking Practice !". Lol
Funny :biggrin: You know I am all about discipline and team cohesion but this story does not add up one bit
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

mblack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:21 pm Song said a few moments ago that it was Onana who asked to leave (like others said when the story broke). It was first reported that he was sent home for disagreeing with the coach.

That’s a great question. When others questioned a while ago why Eto’os son was taking part in national team practices (without a call up) they said it was a nonevent
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

mblack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:45 pm

That’s a great question. When others questioned a while ago why Eto’os son was taking part in national team practices (without a call up) they said it was a nonevent
Somehow Eto'o will have to be pushed aside. The minister of sport can bring this up to FIFA and remove Eto'o. Specially that Eto'o is there to make money by placing players he likes.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Finally finished watching the match.

Congratulations to Cameroun but they leave a lot to be desired.

If they play against Brazil like this dem go chop am. Brazil fit spell CAMEROUN.

Maybe they have to resort to route one football?

Anyway, glad to see the indomitableness in them show up. :thumbs: :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!